Miasma

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Spirit Adept, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Spirit Adept

Spirit Adept New Member reg

Name: Miasma

P/W/C Type: Wisdom

Appearance: A dark purple gas that spews from the caster's hands or mouth. The gas persists in a small area (roughly a ten foot diameter cloud) for several minutes.

Description of Function: When touched or breathed in, the target immediately begins to experience nausea, dizziness, and stomach pains that persist for several minutes. The effects make fighting harder, but not impossible. If exposed to too much miasma thought, the spell can be fatal.

Limitations: Requires Dark Affinity, slightly increases vulnerability to light, makes the user take damage if detox is used on them. Can only be casted once per couple of minutes.
  2. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

I have a question mostly of curiosity. What do you suppose would happen if you fired this out of your palm directly into someone's mouth?
  3. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Vomit is my guess.
  4. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

lol. I like this. You have my vote.
  5. Spirit Adept

I think I see the possible abuse issue you're seeing with this Ribitta, so I'll say this:

Trying to shove the entirety of the spell into someone's mouth would just result in a lot of vomiting and a lot of coughing. The speed at which the spell produces the poison gas would kick the majority of the gas out of your lungs without allowing time for it to be absorbed. You'd need an air tight seal on their mouth to keep the gas in there, and that's not possible with your bare hands. It would hurt a lot still, I imagine there'd be some lung damage especially, but it wouldn't make the spell instantly fatal.
  6. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Oh I'm not really worried about abuse, actually, I just think it would be hilarious. The difficulty of connection (and sustained connection) would make this pretty difficult to abuse, so I wouldn't be bothered if this would nearly kill someone (or even kill them flat out) with that sort of direct contact.

This has my approval for 2/2
  7. Quill

How's dis?

`Miasma
    Original: Spirit Adept, Spell - Offense
    [Disable]

W5: 20 rupees
    W4: 35 rupees
    W3: 60 rupees
    W2: 90 rupees
    W1: 130 rupees

Prerequisite to Obtain: Dark Affinity

The caster may spray a dark purple gas from either his hands or mouth which persists in a small cloud of roughly 10 feet in diameter. When touched or breathed in, a person will immediately begin to experience nausea, dizziness, and stomach pains that persist for several minutes. These effects make fighting difficult, but not impossible. This spell is only fatal if a person is exposed to too much of the miasma. This spell increases the caster's vulnerability to light magic, and the user now takes damage if the spell "detox" is used on them. Miasma can only be cast when several minutes have passed since the cloud's dispersion.
  8. Spirit Adept

The only thing I'd say is to add in how long the cloud persist. Other then that, looks great to me.
  9. Quill

Right, thanks. I'll add that in now. Accepted.

`Miasma
    Original: Spirit Adept, Spell - Offense
    [Disable]

W5: 20 rupees
    W4: 35 rupees
    W3: 60 rupees
    W2: 90 rupees
    W1: 130 rupees

Prerequisite to Obtain: Dark Affinity

The caster may spray a dark purple gas from either his hands or mouth which persists in a small cloud of roughly 10 feet in diameter for several minutes. When touched or breathed in, a person will immediately begin to experience nausea, dizziness, and stomach pains that persist for several minutes. These effects make fighting difficult, but not impossible. This spell is only fatal if a person is exposed to too much of the miasma. This spell increases the caster's vulnerability to light magic, and the user now takes damage if the spell "detox" is used on them. Miasma can only be cast when several minutes have passed since the cloud's dispersion.