Member Blogs/Page for Characters and what not

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Bitoko, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Well I've been thinking, and while I think its perfectly fine that we have spoilers with all of our characters in them, I also believe it tends to be messy and un-clean looking, especially with multiple bars in one sig. What I was thinking, is what if we had a sort of thing where each member could have their own blogs or pages or something in their profiles where they could put their characters, and all you would have to do to find someone's characters was look at their blog? The blogs could also be used for other things, if the members wanted to use them for stuff, but they would mainly be for characters.

I also thought it would be very cool for each member to have their own page or section of the website as their own where they could put up their characters, but I don't really know of a way to do that and make it so that everyone could edit their own sections.

The mod for the forums I looked at was this one http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/mod/user_blog_mod/ or I could just add profile fields to profiles, but I don't know how clean that would be. I don't know, its just me brainstorming and I want everyone's opinions on the matter!
  2. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Personally, I prefer the spoilers and being able to pull characters straight from the page instead of having to open another page just to get the information I'm seeking, which is one of the original reasons I pushed for a larger signature in the first place and declined to "just create a topic with a list of characters with a link to that in my signature".
  3. Guy

Guy Admin admin

I definitely agree with CJ, here. The spoilerbox signature is very quick and convenient, and is definitely not the first thing on HC I would call "messy and unclean-looking." I wouldn't be adamantly against adding blogs or userpages so long as it was done properly, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have any interest in using them myself.
  4. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    What we need to make spoilers in signatures look less messy is (and this might already be there, I haven't tried it since the first attempt failed) the ability to have spoiler tags in spoiler tags. Especially for people like Tsubori and myself, who have an army's worth of characters, nesting spoiler tags makes it easy to compress a lot of information, so the immense list only comes up when people NEED it.
  5. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Someone's father secretly slipped in and already accomplished that, Blondie. Not that it's the best example, but you can see it in action in the first spoilerbox of my signature.
  6. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Ah, good. Guess I'll set to work on changing that in my sig tomorrow after work, then.

In that case, I don't really see the problem with spoilertags.
  7. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

I don't feel it is needed. It is more convenient to just click in a spoiler bar and find a character sheet and in some cases more information that may be useful.