Mask of Truth Alteration [Final]

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Tsubori, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Name: Grant Sentience

P/W/C Type: W

Appearance:The selected item will glow faintly purple.

Description of Function: Cast upon a non-magical, inanimate object, it will suddenly gain an hour’s worth of memories prior to the casting, and the ability to converse with the caster, but only them. Additionally, it also gains a random voice and personality, giving endless possibilities. This is mainly useful for investigations and chases, where the objects can tell you where the person ran off to.

Limitations: Only lasts 5 minutes. This cannot be dispelled, meaning after you dart off in daring pursuit, you’ve left an object to return to being inanimate lonely and having just discovered great new things about life. Can only be cast once every two hours.

Kinda silly, I know, but BP and I love the idea :P
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Re: Grant Sentience

It's not silly, I like it. I am wondering, however, whether we could slide this into Canon by giving the Mask of Truth the power to speak to inanimate objects, as well as animals and Gossip Stones. It would do exactly the same thing, especially since this spell would only enable the caster to speak to the object.
  3. Tsubori

Sure, I suppose that could work. But I like the guilt ridden implications of the item talking to itself until five minutes are up :P "Now there's nothing I can't do! A whole world of possibilities awai- *back to being a vase*
  4. Quill

You could probably write it so that the sentience doesn't fade immediately after the Mask of Truth leaves. The caster may not be able to hear it, but then, if this was a spell that someone daringly ran off after casting, they may not hear it anyway. So, do you want this to be an addition to the Mask of Truth?

Changing it to possibly

[1/2] for that, although another mod may think this fits better as a non-canon spell.
  5. Tsubori

Looks good, though we may want to add the part about them having only a certain amount of memory.
  6. Quill

This eerie white mask which carries the Sheikah insignia enables the user to hear the words of Gossip Stones, hear and understand the thoughts of animals, and also converse with temporarily sentient inanimate objects, which hold only an hour's worth of memory.

[1/2]
  7. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

To be clear, everyone understands that this as a spell is being rejected and supplemented with merely altering the description for the Mask of Truth itself. If you're fine with this, Tsu, then this has my 2/2, though it renders the rest of this thread largely inert, I guess.
  8. Tsubori

Re: Mask of Truth Alteration [2/2]

Okay.
  9. Quill

Re: Mask of Truth Alteration [2/2]

Done, then