Map Making

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Fcgfyv, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

I was told that when submitting possible professions, I should post it here. But anyway, I was wondering if making maps could count as a profession. (Please let me know if you need more than just this)

Thank you.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Map Making can certainly count as a profession. Is this a standard profession with just the normal rupee bonus, or do you want this to have special effects?
  3. Hyrulian Hero

Hyrulian Hero Member new

Ooo, you should sound pretentious and call the profession, "cartographer"! Or I can bite the bullet and sound pretentious for you! =P
  4. Fcgfyv

I don't exactly see a special effect as of yet... so I guess it can be a standard profession.

pretentious - adj. attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc. than is actually possessed
    So yes, thank you for being pretentious, and for translating for the more sophisticated part of HC what I'm saying in my primitive language. :glare:
    EDIT: When I say this, I use this definition. primitive - adj. of or denoting a direct, simple style of art that deliberately rejects sophisticated artistic techniques.
  5. Hyrulian Hero

Hyrulian Hero Member new

Lol, sounds like you've got the pretentious thing down pat! I like this idea of professions and the cartography profession should be awesome! Kooloo Limpah...
  6. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

The Treasure Submission section is meant for actual sheet submissions and not for development discussion. As such, we'll move this to the Role Play Discussion section. Feel free to continue the discussion, and once the actual details have been ironed out, submit a sheet to the Treasure Submission section.
  7. Fcgfyv

Okay, thank you RD. Unless anyone's willing to help me brainstorm abilities for cartography, I'll just keep it a standard profession.
  8. Quill

HH, threads in TC need to stay between staff and the creator. It's not an issue now that this is in the RP Discussion forum, but just for future reference....

A standard profession would be easy to do. Once you decide on something, like RD said, you can make a post in TC. c:
  9. Hyrulian Hero

Hyrulian Hero Member new

Sorry about that, my bad. It shan't happen again!
  10. Fcgfyv

Cartography

Would cartography be an appropriate, standard profession?
  11. Quill

Re: Cartography

With just rupees?
  12. Fcgfyv

Yes, since I cannot think of any abilities that making maps could provide. Or, maybe like having the compass and dungeon map in Zelda games, or like the Pikori's ability, you can find common tier items in otherwise-unreasonable locations?
  13. Rising Dragon

C'mon, I already said last time this was for treasure sheet submission and not development discussion.

Merged the topic with Map-Making. I repeat: only submit an actual Treasure sheet to the Treasure Submission section. If you need to talk to others about its development, please do it here.
  14. Fcgfyv

Maybe it was bad wording on my part, and it probably was. But I don't see anyone besides a mod and myself there, and I don't see treasure submissions (like the Breman Mask) being moved here because there were some things worth discussing with a mod in the thread. Although I could see why it was moved here, since Quill asked a question to clarify the submission, and I answered partially and then with another question. But like I said, there was development discussion in un-moved treasure submissions between the mod and the creator about figuring out what the mod says will work and what the creator wants. If you want me to privately discuss with a mod everything that I have seen in threads there, I gladly will, since all I want is to make the profession. But I would like to say that if this doesn't get a response, and then I make another that gets moved again for the same reason, I made this post.
  15. Rising Dragon

Public discussion of the treasure's development is perfectly fine. What Quill should've clarified is that discussion on a Treasure sheet submission should only be between the submitter and the staff. Since this is a development discussion, it's fine for other people to contribute if you think their ideas hold merit.

For the sake of convenience, though, we only want treasure sheet submissions in the Treasure Submission section of the board. In those there will be continued discussion if things need changing, but at the very least the first post will be the original sheet submission that we use for reference during the discussion. Your initial posts in both threads, however, was merely a question, rather than a sheet we can base the finalized creation off of. It could've been entire page or more before we finally got a proper sheet submission.
  16. Fcgfyv

Alright, it was bad wording on my part. :XD: :lol: (I really am laughing right now, because I thought there was some more convoluted reason)

Alright, time to make a LEGIT one. :P
  17. Quill

lol, just a case of miscommunication. Sorry about that. Everything looks fine now, though. If you ever want to submit a normal treasure, the Treasure Creation Manual is a good place to look for how to do it. :)