Magic Powder

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Blonde Panther, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    [Suggestion: you may want to consider a different color for the 'A member can only have one treasure in the works at a time. Only once that treasure has been accepted or denied can that member can post another treasure' text in the manual. The dark red against the current background makes it nauseating on the eyes. Now, on to the treasure.]

Name: Magic Powder.
    P/W/C Type: None.
    Appearance: White powder with a texture akin to sugar.
    Description of Function: Imitates the effect of one of the other seeds, chosen at random.
    Limitations: Must be created by an Alchemist of X level? What do you guys think?
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Thanks for that. I changed it to green, since a normal bold isn't a big enough difference from the regular font to really catch the eye. Lemme know if that's an eyesore too, please.

It's midnight, so I may be missing some really obvious stuff, but here are my thoughts to kickstart the thread.

I'm not quite sure what this means. Do you sprinkle the powder on a seed and have that seed suddenly imitate a random seed, or does the powder by itself imitate a random seed? Is a prerequisite to making the powder any one seed? Is the powder stock or single-use?

My problem with the concept is that there's no such thing as random to an RP'er. If a member wants to screw his character over, he will, and in precisely the way he wants. If not, then he could use this powder to essentially use one of the more powerful seeds at a cheap price, and without the hassle of having to RP getting that particular seed. I'm worried that this treasure could be abused to give a member access to any seed, without paying the full price, under the excuse that "it was random."
  3. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Eh, those are good points. To answer your questions though, the magic powder itself would have imitated the effect, I was thinking single-use, and I'm not sure about recipe...

I see your point about the randomness, and upon double-checking my sources, other than imitating Ember Seeds, Magic Powder seems to mostly have the purpose of turning stuff into other stuff. Would it be acceptable to turn it into a treasure that would have a chance of turning monsters into... Bots? Is that what they're called?
  4. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Bots? Eh? Zeldawiki to the rescue!

In aLttP:

In LA:

It doesn't look like it has any clear use- seems like it's just a general "makes stuff happen" powder. I'm not sure if there's a way to translate that to the RP without making it too open to abuse. Any ideas?
  5. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Well, there's a myriad of things that it could change into another myriad of things, but I'm afraid there's no way to make it abuse-proof and while I'd like to believe in the RPers' desire to keep the RP balanced and fun, I know powerplayers exist. Shall we scrap the idea, then?

Also, Quill, the green text works MUCH better. Thanks.
  6. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Retiring this thread for you so you're not hand-tied in TC for the time being. If you guys think of anything to make this work, we can revive it later.