Mafia Discussion

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Fcgfyv, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

Usually the forum games are small fun things that people go to occasionally to goof off and have some fun. But this time... We're going to play a real game.

For the next couple weeks or so, I'm looking for people who are willing to play a game called Mafia. It consists of a large group of people, some of them with special powers/abilities in the game, but there's a little twist. One, two, or three (depending on the number of people playing) of the people are part of the Mafia. Their goal is to kill everyone in the town, while the townspeople's goal is to kill everyone in the Mafia first. Since the people who are not part of the gang outnumber those in the mafia, normal townspeople don't know who the others are.

If you are thinking of joining the game, you must...
    be active on the forum
    plan on being dedicated to the game regularly
    have an interest to play/try out this game

Not everyone will be a mafia member, and those who are going to will be selected at random. But if this gets a good response from people, we could get a bigger and (hopefully) better game and possibly make mafia a (somewhat) regular game.

The main roles are:
    Mafia - these people are active at night, and all decide on one person to kill. There will be 1-3 depending on the number of players
    Doctor - during the night, they choose to stand beside one person, ready for a possible quick surgery. There will be 1 doctor.
    Human shield - during the night, they may guard someone they choose, and their life will be taken in the place of the mafia's original target if both choose the same person. There will be one human shield.

Anyone interested in trying out the game, post here! In about two or so weeks, when I stop accepting people, people will be PM'ed their various roles.
  2. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

This sounds awesome, and I'm totally up for playing it! This is exciting!
  3. Fcgfyv

You know it'll be awesome when the webmaster's playing! Now to drag adad and the mods in and it'll be something to truly see. :lol:
  4. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Ooh I've been looking for people to play this with for so long : D Count me in!
  5. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

I'll give it a shot, sounds interesting if nothing else, especially because it seems like the mafia won't know who else is a mafia member, and may actually kill another by mistake (Imagine explaining that one to your boss :tpr: )
  6. Fcgfyv

As interesting as that sounds, I probably won't do it unless there are a lot of people and I make two mafia members. The members need to decide on a single person that they want to kill, and your idea would be pretty awesome if there were a lot of members, so then there could be two people dying each night and there would be so much chaos. :XD:
  7. Razgriz

Either way, I'm in
  8. Fcgfyv

Okay, so we've got:
    Bitoko
    Squishy
    Razgriz

Two more should meet the minimum number of players, but it would be more fun with more people who participate. :3
  9. UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude Lighting up the Fire in the Night vet

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Throwing in my hat because wynaut.

Sounds like good times.
  10. Gouf

Gouf Puckish Rogue new

I'll play.
  11. Aurelia

Aurelia unreliable and clumsy new

3DS Friend Code:
    3325-1925-7295
    I've been forced to play

So here I am
  12. Fcgfyv

You weren't forced. :P

Okay, we have enough players to start the game! I'm PM everyone their roles, turn this into the discussion thread, and let the games begin.
  13. Aurelia

Aurelia unreliable and clumsy new

3DS Friend Code:
    3325-1925-7295
    You literally had a hammer in your hand and said "Aurrie you better do this because your life depends on this" in Skype. You live close to me, who knows what could've happened
  14. Fcgfyv

I may or may not be the evil leader of the mafia describing everything in the game as I see it happen from my doomsday spaceship as I stroke my cat. But I would never do that.
  15. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

This may be a very dumb question, but how is this game played? As in, what should I do in my post?
  16. Fcgfyv

Well, if you guys want to RP a little to get things started, you can do that. But usually, a face-to-face game starts out with one person accusing a random member. xD
  17. Fcgfyv

Aurelia, Razgriz, Bitoko. Two out of three of you don't post in 3 days, I'm restarting the game. :tpr:
  18. darklink28

darklink28 Somewhere in Hyrule reg

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    I'd like to play!
  19. Fcgfyv

If we restart. :P
    darklink28 likes this.
  20. Razgriz

Ummm, posted?