Lovers' Bond

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Blonde Panther, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Name: Lovers’ Bond.
    P/W/C Type: I was thinking to have a fixed price regardless of PWC. However, if pressed, I would say Courage.
    Appearance: N/A.
    Description of Function: Lovers’ Bond allows the users the following abilities.
    - Users can sense each other even when apart, capable of telling how far apart they are and in which general direction the other is.
    - Users can sense each other’s emotions when strong enough, such as anger or fear.
    - When finding treasures or mundane items, users will know if it belongs to their partner.
    - Users have a limited ability to control the other’s treasures that can be telepathically controlled- however, the original owner’s will is always dominant over that of their partner.
    - If the user has Sense, it will also activate when their partner is in danger as opposed to themselves.
    Limitations: Both characters must purchase the treasure at the same time. Lovers’ Bond only works between the user and the partner character it was selected for. A PC/NPC pairing cannot obtain this treasure.

Description Suggestion (open)
    `Lovers’ Bond
    Original: Blonde Panther, ability – utility
    [Communication]

[list prices here; I’m leaving those up to you]

While rare, it is possible for two people to develop a bond so deep that it allows them to sense things about each other that no other couple does, as well as other effects. Those who have formed a Lovers’ Bond become able to sense how far apart they are from each other, as well as the other’s general direction and strong emotions. Additionally, they can tell when an item or treasure belongs to the other, and have the ability to control those treasures of the other that can be telepathically controlled. In this case, the mind of the original owner is always dominant over that of their partner.

Lovers’ Bond must be obtained by both users at the same time and only functions between these two users.

If the user has mastered Sense: If the user’s significant other is in danger, the user’s own Sense will alert them even if they themselves are not in danger. All other Sense restrictions still apply.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

I'm dealing with this in quotes, to make responding easier.

I like the name; it suggests what it does while still being cool. Right off the bat, I think Horus and Luna. Just 'cause it's you :P

Love can't be pinned to a single Triforce virtue; I think this makes sense to have a fixed price.

Makes sense.

Lay it on me. :P

Makes sense, and it'll definitely help out RP plots.

Alrighty. Common theme in fantasy media. Again, good fodder for character development.

Cool. Reminds me a bit of Wolf Link from TP.

Eeeeeeh. I'm much, much more iffy on this one.

I like it.

Makes sense. A little "drat" at the pairing close-off, but w/e. It's not like any of my characters are even relatively interested in romance anyway, and PC/PC pairings are much more fun to work with. This probably won't be purchased much at all, because very few people will have inter-player PC relationships, and only a few people will have relationships between their own characters. Still, it's a neat option to have.
  3. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Oh, this was never meant to be a treasure for mass-production. If it had been such I would have given it the ability to control all of the other's treasures so it would have combat value.

(Truth be told other than Horus and Luna for whom it is originally intended, I only have one other pairing that is remotely close enough for the treasure.)
  4. Quill

Probably take out the "telepathically control the others' treasures" bit. Other than that, this looks pretty good.
  5. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Name: Lovers’ Bond.
    P/W/C Type: Fixed Price.
    Appearance: N/A.
    Description of Function: Lovers’ Bond allows the users the following abilities.
    - Users can sense each other even when apart, capable of telling how far apart they are and in which general direction the other is.
    - Users can sense each other’s emotions when strong enough, such as anger or fear.
    - When finding treasures or mundane items, users will know if it belongs to their partner.
    - If the user has Sense, it will also activate when their partner is in danger as opposed to themselves.
    Limitations: Both characters must purchase the treasure at the same time. Lovers’ Bond only works between the user and the partner character it was selected for. A PC/NPC pairing cannot obtain this treasure.

Description Suggestion (open)
    `Lovers’ Bond
    Original: Blonde Panther, ability – utility
    [Communication]

[list prices here; I’m leaving those up to you]

While rare, it is possible for two people to develop a bond so deep that it allows them to sense things about each other that no other couple does, as well as other effects. Those who have formed a Lovers’ Bond become able to sense how far apart they are from each other, as well as the other’s general direction and strong emotions. Additionally, they can tell when an item or treasure belongs to the other.

Lovers’ Bond must be obtained by both users at the same time and only functions between these two users.

If the user has mastered Sense: The user can now sense when their partner is in danger, as opposed to themselves. All other Sense restrictions apply.

Done. What about the price?
  6. Quill

I would say 50r; a full quest reward. Unless another mod thinks that 30r would make more sense (a full quest reward for one player and two characters), that's what I'm leaning towards.
  7. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    I'd be down with either of those prices.
  8. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Agreement with Quill as well, I'm down for the 50r cost.

2/2
  9. Quill

There. Did I get everything?

`Lovers’ Bond
    Original: Blonde Panther, Ability – Utility
    [Communication]

50 rupees

While rare, it is possible for two people to develop a bond so deep that it allows them to sense things about each other that no other couple does. Those who have formed a Lovers' Bond are able to sense the distance between them, in what general direction they lie, and some strong emotions. They can also tell when an item or treasure belongs to their partner.

Lovers’ Bond must be obtained by both player characters at the same time and only functions between these two player characters.

If the user has mastered Sense: The user can now sense when their partner is in danger, as opposed to themselves. All other Sense restrictions apply.
  10. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Yeah, that's pretty much it.