Lore, Settings, and Plot

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Bitoko, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Hello citizens of Hyrule. It is time! The Hyrule Castle Lore page and the Plot pages are all up to date! You should now be using them as the official source for setting and lore information. In the Lore page you will find a link to the overall plot of Hyrule under the "From Dawn to Darkness" link. Below that will be links to all of the setting pages, those are the official setting information so use them when you are going to RP in an area new to you or if you are creating a character from those areas.

Finaly, below that is a link to the Plot page. Here will be where the updates will be posted to the plot, so when we start getting the plot going again (soon!) make sure to keep up to date on it. If you haven't read the plot you really should, its excellent, written by Ribitta.

Here are links: http://hyrulecastle.org/lore/
    http://hyrulecastle.org/lore/official-plot/

So check them out and tell us what you think!
  2. adad64

adad64 Admin admin

So far it looks really good :) Nice job!
  3. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Thanks Adad! Soon to come are the Enroll (Character Creation) and Tutorial Pages.
  4. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    What will the tutorial pages entail, if I may ask? Also, a Lost Woods entry seems to be missing.
  5. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

The Lost Woods has been placed inside of Woodfall. Woodfall is now the name of the entire forest and the Lost Woods is a subset of it, kind of like how Kokiri Forest was the forest in OoT but the Lost Woods were a part of it.

The Tutorials page will have links to FAQ's for new members, links to pages explaining how things work like PWC, Treasures, Origins, etc... Will also have a "how to navigate HC" type of thing, as well as a thing on how to use the new Library of Treasures. Things that will help people if they are not quite sure how things work here essentially.
  6. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Ahhh, okay. I admit I hadn't thought of looking into the Woodfall section. In that case, I have no criticism to make on the setting pages. They'll certainly prove useful!

EDIT: Actually no, I take that back. I would suggest making headers of some sort, even if just bolded, for subsets like the Skulltula Lairs and the Lost Woods. That way, those looking for those specific parts of the area will have an easier time finding them.
  7. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Thats a good idea, thanks I'll implement it now.