Loft Kiratel

Discussion in 'Retired Characters' started by Quill, Jan 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Edited: December 22nd, 2012

THIEVES' DEN, LOST WOODS

Loft collapsed onto his bed, staring up at the rock ceiling. "I can't believe this!" He whined, addressing a grass root that had somehow managed to poke through the rock. "It's Goddess Day, and here I am."

He pouted, crossing his arms. "This is no fun!" He looked around his sparse room. No windows, no desk, no nothing. Just his bed and his closet. How dull.

He stared at the root for a minute. Then he slowly sat up. He glanced at the door. Locked from the outside by a large iron bar. He hopped off the bed and checked under the mattress. Nothing but Fred and George, the local dust bunnies. He crept over to the closet and threw the drape to one side. Just a small hole in the ground.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are!" He sang, running his hand along the bedroom's walls.

"I know you're there..." he said quietly. "I can feel you."

He stopped, his hand resting on an inconspicuous bump in the rock face. "Why are you hiding? Why won't you show yourself to me?"

His hand shook slightly. "Am I not good enough? Why won't you...?"

He giggled, spinning away from the wall. "It's Goddess Day!" He jumped on the bed, laughing. "Goddess Day, Goddess Day, gonna have fun on Goddess Day!"

He stopped jumping, staring at the door. "They don't want me to have fun." He giggled. "They don't want me to come out."

He stuffed a fist in his mouth, and stealthily crept over to the closet. "Shhh!" He said, grinning. "Can't let them hear me!"

He dashed into the closet, yanking the drapes shut behind him. "Shhh! Shh!"

Giggling sounds were heard from within, and the sounds of a figure crouching against the ground were heard. "I'm ready... I'm ready...I'm ready... let the games begin!"

"Ooh, I'm so excited I can hardly breathe! This is gonna be so much fun!"

---___---___---___---

"What are you up to today, Rena?" A large guard asked, his bristles quivering in the mid-afternoon light.

"Bringing Loft his food." The speaker was a small woman who carried a small wooden bowl in both hands.

The guard leaned forward and sniffed the food. He gagged. "Ugh, what's in that stuff, rat guts?"

The brunette laughed. "Close enough."

"I'd almost feel sorry for him, if it wasn't, well-"

"Loft."

"Exactly."

They both laughed, and he waved her on. "Just be careful, okay? Remember, he's unstable."

"I will!" She said, walking towards the door. Laughter could be heard from inside, and she shivered. She hated doing this, but it was her turn. And, after all, someone had to do it.

"Move against the far wall." She said loudly, and the laughter subsided into hushed giggles. This was routine, but still- you never knew what might happen with Loft.

She gave him a minute, and rapped the door with her knuckles, balancing the tray on one knee. "Say something."

"I'm in the closet, Mrs. Rena!" A childish voice sang from within.

She closed her eyes, concentrating on the voice. This was a trick all thieves had to learn: the ability to pinpoint a voice's location based on strength and echo. Ventriloquism could mess with this ability, but as long as the thief concentrated, the voice's origin could still be tracked.

Well, whether he was in the closet was a maybe. But he definitely wasn't beside the door. Oh, how she wished she didn't have to do this. They had wanted a cat-door installed, but installing one would require moving him. There was no way they were doing that.

"Stay there," she said, "and keep talking. If I don't hear your voice, you don't get food."

"Awww," the voice said, pouting. "That's no fun... I wanted to play the quiet game!"

She swallowed. Her thieves' senses were tingling, but that wasn't saying much. She already knew that danger lay on the other side of that door.

"No," she said, pulling back the bar, "we're not playing the quiet game."

She stepped inside. "Alright, I have your food. Stay right where you-"

The rest of her sentence was cut short as a figure grabbed her from behind, covering her mouth. In one smooth motion, she felt her knife being pulled out of her belt and the hilt being slammed against the side of her face. Before her eyes even had time to widen, she was unconscious.

The bowl clattered to the ground, spilling its contents across the floor.

"Are we playing the quiet game now?"

---___---___---___---

Loft giggled, dancing up and down over the body. "It worked, it worked, it really worked!"

He skipped over to the closet, pulling aside the drapes. Inside was... him. Another Loft.

Loft dropped to his knees, hugging the stiff statue tightly. "Thanks Lofty!" He giggled. "You've been a swell partner."

He jumped onto his bed, and cleared his throat. "Do re mi..."

---___---___---___---

Dan, the name of the guard from earlier, hummed vaguely as the sun bathed his face in bright light. He smiled, tilting his face into the light. He loved days like this. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and his wife was waiting for him at the end of his shift. What a wonderful day.

He heard the sounds of a door creaking open, and he turned in time to see Rena skipping back towards him, carrying the (now-empty) bowl. "I'm back!" She said cheerfully.

He grinned. "You look awfully chipper all of a sudden. Glad that it's over now, eh? Don't have to do that anymore!"

She laughed. "Yeppers!" She skipped past him, singing. "Goddess Day, Goddess Day, it's really really Goddess Day!"

He chuckled, shaking his head. He cleared his throat, and turned back to the door.

He didn't notice the girl jump off the side of the long platform, nor did he realize that she had 'forgotten' to lock the door properly.

What a wonderful day indeed.

---___---___---___---

Six hours later

Loft sprang up, dashing towards the door. "It's time!"

He grabbed the door, pulling it open softly. "Here I go!"

He poked his face out, closing his eyes in the sweet night air. He let the stars' gentle light caress his face, then sighed. "I'd forgotten..."

His eyes opened, taking in the scene. Things had changed since last he had been out. A large wooden platform now connected his rock room to the Thieves' Den, giving him an easy time of skipping towards the other door, several hundred feet above the ground.

He arrived at a large door, and grinned wildly. "I'm baaaack!"

He put his ear against the door, listening.

"C'mon, man, just one more drink!" A first voice, loud and male, said.

"No, really, I can't!" A softer man's voice said, laughing. "One's enough for me, really."

Maley scoffed. "It's Goddess Day, remember? And besides, we need to celebrate!"

"Celebrate? Celebrate what?"

"You don't know? Where have you been all day?

"Out raiding, why? What happened?"

"I'll tell you, if you let me pour you another drink."

Softie paused. "Well... alright. Maybe just one more."

"Yes!" There was the sound of wine being poured.

A pause as the two men drank. "So, what happened?"

"Well," Maley said, "the higher-ups finally decided to do it."

"What," Softie asked, "fix the toilets?"

"No," Maley said, exasperated, "although I wish they'd hurry up..."

"I know, right?" Softie said, laughing. "Remember when Stefan went last week?"

"Oh yeah," Maley said, "he went in, and then he flushed, and then all of a sudden-"

"Oh shit."

"He comes pelting out," Maley roared, "and the water's just flooding behind him!"

"No," Softie said, panicked, "if we're out here, who's watching Loft?"

"Calm down." Maley said, and there was a thump as he smacked Softie across the back. There was also a crashing sound as Softie was knocked onto the ground.

"Oh, oops." He laughed, then continued. "Anyway, that's why we're celebrating. They finally decided to do it!"

Softie paused. "You mean...?"

"Yep! They decided today, they did. 'We've had enough, we have.'"

"Odin must've been heartbroken..."

Maley cleared his throat. "Yeah... old man was pretty beat up about it. But, I mean, it's for the best, you know? I mean... he's mad!"

"That he is." There was the sound of more wine being poured. "So, how'd they decide to do it?"

"Well," Maley said, "they decided to it as safe, and as kindly, as possible. His food."

"What, starve him to death?" Softie asked, horrified.

"Well," Maley admitted, "they considered that, but no way Odin let that one pass, you know? Nah, poison."

"Poison in his food," Softie mused, "he'd be dead before he knew it. You're right, it's the best way to do it. And Odin agreed?"

"He had too. Nobody wanted that kid around any more, and even he knew that things were going too far."

"I suppose you're right..."

They sighed, and the sounds of a chair being scraped back was heard.

"Where're you going?" Maley asked. "Don't tell me that you're all depressed now, ya big softie."

"No," Softie said, "but if we're going to get wasted, let's do it with the others, right?"

There was silence, then the sound of a chair being toppled was heard, and Maley laughed.

"That's my boy!"

A door opened, then shut loudly.

---___---___---___---

"D-daddy?"

---___---___---___---

Investigative Report

Case #375

The Castle Guard advanced on the Thieves' Den after striking a deal with the "Rouge Rebels." The Rebels would show them the Den if the Guard destroyed all of its thieves and allowed the Rebels to take it for their own. The Rebels would be allowed to exist in the Den under close supervision and for a monthly fine. For more information, see the enclosed packet.

The Guard and the Rebels arrived at the Den to find the complex ablaze. Their combined efforts managed to extinguish the fire before it caused significant damage to the surrounding woodlands. The building itself remained structurally sound, and upon further investigation the Guard and the Rebels found the Den littered with the bodies of its thieves. They had died from asphyxiation, smoke inhalation, and extensive fire damage; however, a clear trail of man-made carnage led from a lounge area to the office of the Den's Patriarch, Odin.

Examination of the body suggests that the victim did not put up a struggle. The wall has a large hole burned into it, and it appears to have been caused by concentrated (read: magical) fire. Further investigation of the trail of death leads to the remnants of a wooden bridge erected between the Den and a small cave hewn into the rock face of the nearby hill under which the Den is nestled.

The evidence suggests that someone was being held prisoner in the cave. After escaping, he made his way to the office of the Patriarch and killed him. After taking his revenge on his imprisoner, he used either a fire spell or a Red Candle and burned a hole in the wall to escape.

The question of why Odin, the Den's Patriarch, did not struggle remains a mystery. The body is too badly burned to determine whether drugs or ropes were used; however, magical examiners have concluded that no magic was used on the body.

The perpetrator has not been found. Without sufficient information, proper warning cannot be given. The Guard is combing the Lost Woods, looking for anyone capable of killing a whole community of thieves. Little progress is being made. If there were any survivors, they have not stepped forward. A final question is prominent in the minds of the examiners; what did the ex-prisoner do to warrant the Den's Patriarch sealing him away in a cave?

---___---___---___---

Name: Loft Kiratel

Race: Hylian

Point of Origin: Thief of the Lost Woods

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

P/W/C: 1/1/5
    (Regular Update: 2/1/5)
    (Veteran Update: 2/2/5)

Creation Treasures: Sense (0), Elegy of Emptiness (20), Command Melody (45), Song of Healing (15), Red Candle (15) = 100- 95 = 5 + Rupee Riches (+50) = 55r

Current Treasures: Sense, Rupee Riches, Elegy of Emptiness, Command Melody, Song of Healing, Red Candle, Wall-Walking, Deku Nut Supply Treasure, Bunny Hood, Ring Box, Bomb Mask, Ring of Silence

Creation Rupees: 55

Current Rupees: 230r

Height: 5' 7"

Weight: 142 lbs

Equipment: Loft carries throwing knives, several daggers, a map, a compass, and a small pack.

Appearance: Loft stands at around five foot seven inches, and his scruffy blond hair pokes up at least another two. His blue eyes stare widely from underneath his hanging bangs, over a mouth stretched wide across his pale face. Having been deprived of sunlight for so long, his skin has paled to a ghostly white, a far cry from the majority of the tanned Hylian population. He wears a dirty brown tunic, hanging loosely across his thin frame, and his pants are faded and old, similar in color and state to his tunic.

[[RP Update: His skin has tanned since being out in the open air for several months, and his recent ventures overseas has managed to both darken his skin and flesh him out. He now has now recovered from his long incarceration; his thin frame is roped in muscle, and his tanned skin now matches his blonde hair. The crazy grin, distant eyes, scruffy hair, and holey brown tunic haven't changed. He also now has a Bunny Hood forever strapped onto his head.]]

Point of origin: The Thieves' Den, hidden in the Lost Woods. The remnants of an old Hylian outpost, this fort has long since been taken over by the power of the Woods. The Thieves decided to set up shop, venturing forth only to purchase supplies and to go out on raids, punishing any foolish enough to stray within their territory. Of course, Loft's isn't the only clan in the area- several other clans have moved in, beginning the fight for dominance of the Lost Woods.

Pet: N/A

Classification: Childish Psychopath
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013
  2. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Seems fine to me. Passed.

Also, I'm not the one you should worry about grading your stuff. That's Guy ;) Anyways, as long as a character is at least fairly easy to read (no grammar/spelling mistakes), and doesn't break cannon or any rules, it passes by my standards, even if the character sheet isn't terrifically good. I do hope, however, that you eventually add more to this character, as he seems an interesting fellow.
  3. Quill

Just finished completely editing it. Is it better now, Will?
  4. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    I like the way in which you did you Backstory. Very stylish. Anyways, once again, nothing wrong here, so this gets the thumbs up.
  5. Quill

2/25/12

Loft's long stay in solitary was extremely damaging to his physical well-being, resulting in an initial Power score of 1. However, he has been free in the open air long enough for a natural combination of a healthy diet, sunshine, and exercise to begin the process of repairing the damage done. His Power score has been increased to 2, making his PWC score now 2/1/5.
  6. Quill

6/18/12

During his stay in Ikana, Loft conveniently "forgot" about the laws of gravity and learned how to walk along walls.

Pre-Ikana rupee count: 55
    Ikana rupee count: 70 - 45 (Wall-Walking)
    Post-Ikana rupee count: 25
  7. Quill

6/28/12

Hylian mages managed to pinpoint the location of the blizzard's point of origin, and they estimated that the mastermind behind the storm, which was quickly turning the known world into a ball of snow and ice, was a Wizzrobe of ungodly power. Loft made his first friend; a boy named Marcus Heilari, and the two of them, joined by some other two guys, managed to defeat the Wizzrobe. As a reward, Loft got a new friend, and a bunch of shiny jems that he was told were worth 45 rupees.

Pre-Wizzrobe: 25
    Wizzrobe: 25 + 45
    Post-Wizzrobe: 70
  8. Quill

8/14/12

Loft, accompanied by Marcus and a Hylian soldier named Julius, were venturing through Woodfall swamp when Loft was kidnapped by the Jungle Warrior, Odolwa. After being set loose, he wandered the hallways of the Woodfall Temple (making quite a profit, too) before reuniting with the others, along with the child-mage Zajora. Despite the sudden disappearance of Zajora and Julius, Loft and Marcus managed to carve their way to the lair of Odolwa, where the Jungle Warrior was waiting for them. After a long battle, the duo were successful in striking the demon down, and, with the waters of Woodfall purified, their quest ended. Loft now carried with him an extra 15 rupees, and the Jungle Warrior's carved-off face in his pack.

Pre-Woodfall: 70
    Post-Woodfall: 85
  9. Quill

8/15/12

On his solitary way to Impa, accompanied by Harry and a couple other random people, Loft was captured by a horde of tribal Deku. He avoided being sacrificed to the nature gods, and he prompty carved up one of the Deku's internal organs. After leaving the site, now in posession of the Deku Nut Supply Treasure, he nabbed a new dagger (named Prissy) from a bad thief and was given 15 rupees by Harry. Oh, and he also met a drunk Russian Santa Clause and inspected a boat.

Pre-Voyage: 85
    Post-Voyage: 100

Deku Nut Supply Treasure
  10. Quill

10/29/12

Loft had dared plushy plant-animals, hordes of bees, and angry viney-things to cleanse the Skyview Temple of a dark evil. Loft, Marcus, and Sec vanquished the evil plaguing the temple's sacred spring, and rupees had suddenly appeared in the outstretched hands of a stone angel. Loft had taken twenty-five for himself.

Pre-Skyview: 100 rupees
    Post-Skyview: 125 rupees
  11. Quill

12/4/12

Bones everywhere! If Loft were a dog, he'd be in heaven. Resisting the urge to gnaw on some Stalfos, he worked with them to fight the zombies around the Stone Tower Temple. They blew stuff up and went inside. The giant moth (the wyvern Eysseth) barfed because her delicate palate couldn't handle chewy zombie flesh, and Loft made sure to snag a bottle of it before smacking a flip stone and trying to fling himself into the Sacred Realm. They restored light to a dead sun, went through a portal of darkness, fought some worms, and got a couple shiny jewels. Loft walked away with an additional 25r.

Pre-Ikana: 125r
    Ikana: 125r + 25r
    Post-Ikana: 150r
  12. Quill

12/25/12

The Day of Three has come, and with it, fifteen rupees.

Pre-Day: 150r
    Day: 150r + 15r
    Post-Day: 165r
  13. Quill

01/05/13

I've become a Veteran! Loft gets an extra W point for prereqs' sake, increasing his score to 2/2/5. I dunno, blame it on spending too much time with Marcus. He's as much of an idiot as ever, though.
  14. Quill

4/3/13

Caged Crow has, at last, ended. Loft's adventures have darkened his skin and given him muscle, and best of all: now he has a Bunny Hood! A constant companion of adorable ears to keep him company! Sure, he may have ended his adventure by being blasted out of a cannon to escape pirates, and sure, he may have left his frozen companions behind in a cell, but hey. He has a Bunny Hood now!

Pre-Caged Crow: 190r
    Caged Crow: 190r - 75r [Bunny Hood] + 50r
    Post-Caged Crow: 165r, Bunny Hood
  15. Quill

6/17/2013

Crash crash slam! A runaway wagon smashed into the side of a candy shop, obliterating a huge display window and leaving the goodies within unprotected. Loft took advantage of this and skipped in, dancing amidst the aisles of yum-yums and snickerdoodles. A mean old guard lady didn't like that, though, and she shot and arrested him. Loft was forced to spend a week in jail. Loft sad.

Pre-Criminal!: 165r
    Criminal!: 165r + 50r
    Post-Criminal!: 215r
  16. Quill

This place was so gross. The Ancient Cistern was not somewhere Loft wanted to go on vacation. Bubbling pools of noxious slime, undead monsters popping out of the earth to gnaw on his leg, not a single drop of Jell-O in sight? This place was awful! Still, he had fun with a crazy red-head and two Ikanans who took everything waaaaay too seriously. Plus, he got a Ring Box out of it! How cool was that? If only he had Rings to put in it....

Pre-Ancient Cistern: 215r
    Ancient Cistern: 215r + 25r - Ring Box (25r)
    Post-Ancient Cistern: 215r
  17. Loft

Loft Shhhh! It's a secret! new

Rupees:
    Member:
    Quill
    Ohhey lookat this I have my own sub-account! :O
  18. Quill

Because Loft has a sub-account, he gets a Bomb Mask! And it comes with nice holes for his Bunny Hood, too. c:

+10r
  19. Quill

Loft felt betrayed. In the Gerudo Fortress, he found an idol of the Sand Goddess that wailed whenever anyone but him held it. He thought that it cared about him, thought that they had something special, but they didn't. It was really only the ring on his finger that kept her quiet. Heart-broken but gleeful about his new bling, Loft skipped away from the Gerudo Fortress with Marcus in tow.

Pre-Gerudo Fortress: 225r
    Gerudo Fortress: 225r + 50r - Ring of Silence (50r)
    Post-Gerudo Fortress: 225r
  20. Quill

Loft played the Song of Healing for his friend, Larry (Harry?). One of the tricksy Poes in the Forest Temple snatched him up and delivered him to Phantom Ganon like a wedge of beef, and the nasty ghost gobbled him up for lunch. Or, at least, that's what the meanie said. Loft was really happy when the bird-man, Ni'Ran, sliced and diced him up after drinking Marcus' super-power potion.

Pre-Forest Temple: 225r
    Forest Temple: 225r + 5r
    Post-Forest Temple: 230r
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.