Light

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Quill, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Name: Light

P/W/C Type: Wisdom

Appearance: A brilliantly bright ball of light

Description of Function: The user swings or thrusts forward a weapon or other instrument to shoot forward a a blindingly bright ball of light. Once it reaches the caster's intended destination, it hangs in place for either five minutes or until the caster dispels it. The caster may dim the ball at creation however much he wishes. If the user has a Wisdom score of 4 or more, he may cast it from his hand or mouth, rather than an instrument.

Limitations: The orb can only travel up to 30 feet away. If struck, it disappears. The caster can only summon one orb at a time.
  2. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

I'm fine with this being a pretty cheap utility spell. It has my approval for that.
  3. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

I'd also note that the reference to one's wisdom score should be omitted.
  4. Quill

I hate to ask this, but why? This bonus was copied directly from Arcane Bolt and the other elemental bolt spells, and other treasures have similar PWC bonuses. So... wai?
  5. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

In this case, I think Quill is right. Given Toko's time constraint, I would say let's stick with the library precedent and then revisit later if it's really a problem.
  6. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Because we are contradicting ourselves if we do not. What you're doing is saying "We are moving away from PWC as a stat and its bonuses like that but as mods we are going to make treasures that treat PWC as a stat anyway." Its poor form.
  7. Quill

The issue has been resolved. RD, what are your thoughts?
  8. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Looks fine to me. How's this?

`Light
    Original: Quill, Spell - Utility
    [Light], [Projectile]

W5: 5 Rupees
    W4: 10 Rupees
    W3: 25 Rupees
    W2: 30 Rupees
    W1: 40 Rupees

The user swings or thrusts forward a weapon or other instrument to shoot forward a a blindingly bright ball of light. Once it reaches the caster's intended destination, it hangs in place for either five minutes or until the caster dispels it. Upon its creation, the caster may reduce the amount of light emitted to any degree at will.

If the user has a Wisdom score of 4 or more: The ball of energy can be fired from the palm or mouth, rather than from an instrument.

Limitations: The orb can only travel up to 30 feet away. If struck, it disappears. The caster can only summon one orb at a time.
  9. Quill

Limitations doesn't need to be its own paragraph; it's easier just to condense that into the first.
  10. Quill

Seems good, if too cheap. Even Spark, a spell much less powerful than this one, is more expensive. Remember, this can be blindingly bright for up to five minutes. Maybe a 15-20-30-45-65?
  11. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Alright. We'll go with that then.