Light Up the Sea [Eevachu + Tsubori]

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by Eevachu, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Glowing bright light formed in Phiorra's hands, reaching out to the sides to form the outline of a bow. The glowing quickly faded as a wooden bow formed in her hand, complete with an arrow. She pulled the string back pointing it at Rika, looking proud of herself as she did. "I. . . I see. . ." Rika responded, trying to sound enthusiastic. He still had a hard time believing it, but at least she showed she had the magic. Quickly dispelling the bow and putting her hands on her hips, she finished talking. "Well, I don't think that's the case. It's probably some territorial creature, or had it's home destroyed. It's most likely not evil though." Rika said as he thought it over.

". . . Well, I'll try asking it once we find it. For now let's just go to the places it's attacked previously."
  2. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Phiorra nodded, pondering. "Unfortunate... The thing is probably just defending it's home." Phiorra looked along the docks, seeing a few that had been sealed off, likely due to the massive chunks having been taken out of them. "Looks like right there is a good place to start."

Phiorra began walking over to it, stopping for a second to think over something Rika had said. "Wait.... Asking it? You can talk to it? Why don't we just try to talk this over then? I'd rather have a peaceful resolution."

[sorry for shot post, I has to go to work]
  3. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Rika paused for a moment before responding. "Yeah, I can. Kokiri can talk to all living animals. I was planning on talking to it though, yeah. I like a fun fight more than anyone, but I don't want to harm a creature just because it's home was taken away. The problem is that it may not want to reason. If that's the case, even if it's not evil, we'll have to kill it or it'll just keep attacking ships." Rika trailed off, quickly realizing maybe Phiorra wasn't all too keen on the killing stuff. His eyes glanced towards the damage nearby as he interjected himself.

". . . Well, we'll worry about that when we encounter it. For now, let's just focus on finding it."
  4. Tsubori

Phiorra started to look down when he said they may have to kill it. It was sad but... They had to defend the people of this port. She swept some stray hair out of her face before smiling, though it seemed slightly off in comparison to her bright, usual smiles. "Well... Let's look then." She walked over to the roped off part of the dock with Rika.

When they reached the dock, a guard stood near it, ensuring nobody gets close. "Oi, kids, you'll have to go somewhere else. This dock is off limits."

Phiorra shook her head. "We talked to the captain. He asked us to investigate the attacks."

He scoffed. "Yeah right. You two just seem to be two kids playing priestess and detective. If you talked to the captain, show me some proof."

Phiorra shifted uncomfortably. They... Didn't really have proof. She looked at Rika, not sure what to say. She had figured people would just believe her...
  5. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Rika just shrugged as Phiorra looked over to her for help. He was right, they didn't have any proof. Did they need any, though? "While it's true we don't have any proof of meeting the captain, we can prove we're capable." Rika said to the guard, who seemed to laugh a little bit. "Oh, you can, can you? How so, you little runt?" This set something off in Rika. He didn't just want to prove he could beat up the monster, he wanted to prove he was better than this average guard. ". . . Let's fight. First one to have their guard broken, easy enough. If I win you take our word for it and let us investigate the rubble, and if you win we'll leave."

The guard laughed heartily at the Kokiri, finding what he said absolutely hilarious. "Me, fight you? I am a guard of Hyrule, sworn to protect the innocent. I'd never raise my blade to a common child of Hyrule, it would be unjust." A smirk grew on Rika's face as he responded, "Sounds to me like you're scared you'll lose." The guard's laughter and entertained expression dropped from his face, replaced with an unamused look. ". . . Well, on the other hand, as an adult it's my duty to teach the children important life lessons, such as not to have such arrogance. I'll duel you boy, but don't cry to mommy when you lose."

The guard gripped the hilt of his blade, slowly sliding it out of it's sheath to reveal a somewhat crude iron longsword. The guard placed his shield on the ground next to his feet, gripping the longsword with both hands. "Using a shield is quite unfair against a child, so I'll leave it out. Do you even have a weapon, boy? If you need to look around for some sticks I don't mind waiting." The guard mocked, laughing at his own joke.

Rika grinned as he shook his head. "No no, don't worry, I have my own. If you're gonna leave out your shield, I'll only use one blade." Reaching to his side, Rika pulled a blade out from it's sheath; A small dagger. Gripping it underhand, his fingers wrapped around the familiar wood that made up the hilt of the blade. It had been a little while since he used his daggers, as they were more of a back-up weapon compared to his scythe and magic.

"Careful not to hurt yourself boy, that's not a toy." He mocked once more, standing and watching the boy. He was clearly not a novice swordsman from the way he held his blade, but was far from an expert. This should be easy for Rika.

The Kokiri rushed at the man, metal colliding with metal as the guard's face was filled with shock, being overwhelmed by the Kokiri. Not in terms of strength, however, but in speed. The guard didn't expect his speed nor the ability to actually fight. The Kokiri continued, moving to the guard's right and sliding the blade across his, moving it to his neck before stopping inches away from flesh. The guard stood in disbelief at what had just happened. "I think I win." The Kokiri whispered into his ear, following it with a laugh of joy.

"T-That's. . . I underestimated you, that's all! You couldn't beat me in a real fight!" Rika groaned at the guard's words. Was he really gonna be a sore loser. "I don't know about that, but it doesn't matter. It's your fault for underestimating me, and I won." The guard was flabbergasted, unsure of what to say. Would he really admit defeat to a mere boy?

". . . I mean, if you want me to, I can go interrupt the captain's busy workload to tell him you're giving us trouble with the mission he gave us and lying to us." The guard's hand slapped his face, rubbing his temples as he spoke.

". . .Very well, go look. Just don't make it any worse." He slowly spat out, with hesitancy in his voice as if each word would kill him. "Haha, no worries, we'll be careful!" Rika laughed to him before passing beyond the ropes and looking at Phiorra. "Well? Let's go!"
  6. Tsubori

Phiorra seemed worried when Rika began fighting. She knew he was a good fighter, but didn't want him to hurt the guard. Luckily, he ended things peacefully, causing the guard to cede that they could go check it out. Phiorra ducked under the rope that barred them from the dock, looking around.

Most of it was simply smashed, but when Phiorra got down on all fours and looked off the edge of the busted dock into the water, she saw a massive bite mark in a rowboat. It was massive! The mouth was at least five feet across! "Umm... Rika? Look at this..."
  7. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

As they passed by the ropes, their eyes were met with destruction. Smashed, splintered wood made up most of the dock, sharp points jutting out of various parts of the dock. It seemed to be broken off after a certain point, part of it being completely disconnected from the docks. A couple pieces of wood lingered in the waters below, but for the most part it had either been retrieved or drifted away. "Uhh, hey, Phiorra, be careful. The wood is really rough and we don't know how stable it is, so try not to do anything sudden." A nearby ship was completely smashed. Part of it was submerged, but sharp, jagged planks stuck out of the water, coupled with a destroyed beam or two. It was certainly unusable now.

As he examined the other boat, Phiorra started calling Rika over. Looking down, he saw a gaping hole in a rowboat, almost destroying the thing entirely. Rough outlines of a mouth lined the edges of the barely held together rowboat. "I think this creature may be a little bit bigger than we were expecting. . . " He mused to himself as he stood back up.
  8. Tsubori

Phiorra shrugged. "Well... To be honest I wasn't sure what I was expecting." She looked around at all the boats, pondering seriously for a moment. If the creature were this deadset upon either destroying the city or defending it's home, the only options would be to kill it or get everyone out. The latter was pretty illogical, so she gave a defeated sigh. She still wanted Rika to talk to it, but her hopes were low for a peaceful outcome.

She was about to say something to the Kokiri, when all of a sudden she heard several snaps, the end of the dock giving way below her. She clutched onto the boards, slowly climbing up to stable ground while glancing behind her. She saw several fins vanishing into the depths of the water, meaning several creatures had done this, or the thing was at least thirty feet long. With a gulp, she quickly got to the stable part of the docks, shaking a bit. "Y-yeah... It's pretty big..."