Kokiri Racial Abilities

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Eevachu, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

As you may know, in Racial Abilities, Kokiri kind of fall short compared to other races. Well, I thought up a couple ideas, kind of modifying an old Racial Ability I made for Kokiri on HS. These could hopefully balance them out, or at least bump their Racial Abilities up somewhat. I have two different ideas.

1) In Mounts, Versatile Mounts, and Mythic Mounts, Kokiri are treated as having a Power of 5, regardless of their Power.

2) To Kokiri, Mythic Mounts are counted as Standard Treasures, rather then Major Treasures. Maybe Kokiri can only obtain one or two Mythic Mounts to keep balance though.

We could use one or both, really. Whether this would be natural or not, I don't know. So, thoughts?
  2. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    I prefer one, but not necessarily two.

Mostly because having two dragons might be a bit much. Considering the power of a dragon (or some other type of flying mount), they should rake up a Major Treasure slot for sure.

Anyways, one seems like a good idea, since is would symbolize the Kokiri connection to nature.
  3. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Well, they are kokiri. What would be the reason for them to be good with mounts?
  4. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Pro-tip: Someone only thinks a race is "underpowered" when their main character is of that race.

As Will said, Bitoko, it's because they're good with nature.

Am I the only one who thinks Language of Land is a really good ability, or that getting a free Fairy companion is pretty boss? Am I the only one who thinks it doesn't at all matter that non-Veteran racial abilities be perfectly balanced, so long as they aren't ridiculous? It seems so. If everyone else is in favor of it, adding the first effect SM suggested would be fine, I suppose, but the second one would be overpowered even for a Veteran race.

If 'cheap mounts' were added to their abilities, however, I would feel the need to water-down Language of Land to Language of Fauna (working only on animals rather than plants + animals).

...I wonder when we're going to get a Gerudo in here suggesting they get something more as well. Even before these Kokiri improvements, I would say they're the weakest in terms of racial abilities, followed by certain variants of Hylians.
  5. Adaar

Adaar New Member reg

I don't see a need exactly to modify the Kokiri's abilities. Like Guy said, Language of Land is a freakin' awesome ability. If you're thinking on the part of gathering intelligence, being able to communicate to plants and animals is a big deal. "Hey Mr. Tree, did you see a group of bandits run by here?" "Why yes, they headed NE about 5 minutes ago" (Later on, a bush) "Hey! They passed around here!" (A bird) "I can fly around and look for them, then come back and tell you!" Etc, etc. Cockroaches could scout out an enemy base for you, possibly grab it's buddies and attack(annoy) an enemy while you sneak by. That is... if the cockroach wants to.

Imagine what a hundred year oak could tell you!

In short. Kokiri have enough power as is. You just have to be creative in using it.
  6. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Protip Thoughts: I think the Hylians have some lackluster racials depending on which origin you have, but doesn't mean I want it changed, I don't mind it really, lol. Yes I think Sense is rediculous and I don't use it on any of my characters.

I agree that their current racials are pretty boss, but at the very least, if this ability would be put in (#1, not #2 which is unbalanced) is would either use their Courage instead of Power or it would use their highest Stat.

But as Adaar shows, their current Language ability is so freakin' OP it's sort of funny. It gives any pets they have great skill, and I'm jealous of it, lol.
  7. Adaar

Adaar New Member reg

Looks like Language of the Land got reduced... Now Kokiri can only communicate with animals.
  8. Guy

Guy Admin admin

In light of what the others have said, yes, I've nerfed Language of Land to Language of Fauna. It compliments Language of Flora better anyway.

Perhaps Kokiri could use either Courage or Power for mounts, but I'm thinking that would be all they'd get, if they get anything more than they already have.

...Oh, and Gerudo get the Gerudo Dragon technique now. Because I can.