Kinstones! Do you have any?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Kinstone Keeper, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Kinstone Keeper

Kinstone Keeper What will happen?

"Kinstones are becoming more and more popular lately. You know what they are, don'tcha? Those little stones, each like the half of a coin. If two people each have a matching half, the two kinstones magically fuse together! They say some special things can happen if that happens...

...I've never seen something special happen myself, but it's still neat when they fit together."

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~

Whenever you complete a dungeon, complete a quest, or participate in an Arena Battle, you may choose to spend 2 rupees to get a kinstone piece! Normally you can only get one kinstone piece at a time, unless you have some kind of special ability...

The color and symbol of your kinstone piece is randomly determined when your thread is approved. Any given kinstone can only fuse with another kinstone piece of the same color and symbol. (For example, a Blue Clover Kinstone can only fuse with another Blue Clover Kinstone.) If one character is lucky enough to get two matching pieces himself, he can fuse them in-character at any time. If two different characters each have a matching piece, they need to meet in-character to fuse them. (Fusing kinstones can be done with small posts--an entire quest or dungeon isn't necessary.) Regardless of how the two pieces are fused, be sure to send a message to me (the Kinstone Keeper) if you want something to happen! Keep in mind, the effects of a Kinstone fusion are not always immediate, but are never harmful.

Randomly, some characters will find a kinstone piece in unexpected places--or due to random events triggered by the NPC. Don't worry, though, this is completely optional. Unless you've already actively acquired a kinstone piece, you don't have to worry about one being forced on you unexpectedly.

As with any treasures, you should record what kinstone pieces you have to fuse in your character sheets (or in your signatures). After you've fused two pieces, however, they are both permanently lost.

Mind, this is just an early announcement regarding this new aspect of Hyrule Castle! You can get one if you complete a thread anytime soon, but except to find some on sale next month in the Curiosity Shop too! Maybe the Holiday Moblin will even spread some around next time he visits? Regardless, expect to see more kinstones and details in the near future.~

For now, please let me know if you have any questions! I'll be happy to answer, though there are some things you can only figure out once you fuse kinstone pieces yourself!
    Sinistrari, Guy, Chaos James and 2 others like this.