Jinx [Final]

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Quill, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Name: Jinx
    Aka: Blue Bubble

P/W/C Type: Power?

Appearance: N/A

Description of Function: The caster may enchant a single weapon to carry the properties of a Blue Bubble's flames. The next organism to come into contact with the cursed weapon will temporarily lose the ability to use any treasure or make any kind of offensive action.

Limitations: Can only be cast once per day.
  2. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Re: Jinx

Okay, I suppose, but certain constant-effect/passive racial abilities will need to be excluded from this treasure's effects.
  3. Quill

Alright, so a "racial abilities which are constantly in effect or whose use is entirely passive are unaffected" clause. Is that it? The "I suppose" leaves me thinking that this is iffy.
  4. Rising Dragon

It's fine so long as that clause is in. I just don't want this to, say, make a Goron's skin completely useless and open to attack with any kind of weapon, because it's stone skin.
  5. Quill

How's dis?

Name: Jinx
    Aka: Blue Bubble's Curse

P/W/C Type: Power

Appearance: N/A

Description of Function: The caster may enchant a single weapon to carry the properties of a Blue Bubble's flames. The next organism to come into contact with the cursed weapon will temporarily lose the ability to use any treasure, barring racial treasures which are constantly in effect, and will also be unable to make any kind of offensive action.

Limitations: Can only be cast once per day.
  6. Rising Dragon

Looks fine to me. Approved. [1/2]
  7. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

If I enchant a sword (once per day) how many times can I strike someone with it while plaguing them with this enchantment? Once? For an hour?

Also if I swing said sword and you and you block the attack with a shield, does the affect Jinx you anyway?
  8. Quill

Re: Jinx [1/2]

My original impulse was to say "one enchantment per hit," but then I remembered the huge time-difference and thought that that might weaken the treasure a little too much. So, if that's right, then either the lag would need to be reduced or the effect would need to last longer.

I would imagine that the shield would still count, but would that fall under creative license?
  9. Ribitta

I think it'd be fine to leave that under creative license.

As for the striking and time difference, that's up to you. Whether you want it to be a single strike with a low cooldown or a duration with a long one, the choice is up to you as this spell's author, even though this is technically canon.
  10. Quill

Single strike with low cooldown, since the Bubbles' fire disappeared after contact iirc (at least if it was blocked).

So, instead of 24 hour.... a few minutes? An hour? "A while"?
  11. Ribitta

A short while should suffice. [2/2]
  12. Quill

Re: Jinx [2/2]

I'm actually wondering whether this would fit under Power or Wisdom better. Thoughts?

13. Ribitta

Yeah that's tricky, I could see it going to any of the three attributes. I guess I'd say Wisdom, since we treated Fire Curse as thattttt.... It's the safest of the three.
  14. Quill

Like this?

15. Rising Dragon

That'll work. Moving this to the accepted pile.