It Takes a Thief (Mag + Lux)

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by AnimeLuxray25, Mar 25, 2014.

1. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

"Halt! Thief!" demanded the gruff voice of a man. Cudra stuffed the onions in her purse and sprinted down the street, prying her way through crowds of onlooking commoners. A smile spread across her face as she nimbly bolted through corridor after corridor. The sound of clattering metal boots against the cobblestone became fainter as she vanished further into the Middle Class district of Hyrule Castle Town. Her heart rattled like crazy in her rib cage; it was that feeling again! The feeling one might experience when gambling on a rooster fight or when aboard a ship trying to survive a raging cyclone. And she loved every moment of it.

"I...I lost them!" thought a delighted Cudra as she slowed into a brisk walk on an emptier street. "I...think I'm getting better at this!" Panting hard, Cudra plopped down in a dirt alleyway, a ring of dust rising around her body. Aloud, she spoke, "But better isn't good enough, I have to be the best!" She took an onion out from her purse and began peeling off the delicate skin. Taking a bite, she added, "If only I could find that person I keep hearing about..." Recently, she'd been hearing rumors that there was a rather skilled thief who gave advice to any newer thieves she came across. Cudra would do anything to be mentored by her!

"She probably wouldn't be able to stand my breath, though..." The young thief muttered.
  2. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Opal was out shopping in the high class district of Castle Town, when she heard a rather familiar sound. "Halt Thief!" a man yelled at a girl, running away from him. Opal's eyes widened. Didn't she know that she was just going to make it harder on herself when she came back? Everyone's eyes would be on her, especially after this little escapade. Opal turned around to the shop keeper, and old man who fancied himself a wizard. "I'll take this scroll please." The man laughed, "You have a fine taste with magic, don't ya. That will be about 50 rupees." She dug around in her purse, and pulled out the appropriate amount.

She pocketed the scroll and started to follow the man. Walking, not running, as to not draw attention to himself. After a while, the man seemingly lost track of the thief girl. He started to rage and hit his hands on the wall. No purpose for me being here anymore, Opal thought to herself. She would take the search into her own hands. Turning the corner, she quickly climbed up a nearby ladder onto the roof of the buildings. After a quick look around, making sure no one could see her, she quickly transformed into her thief attire.

After a minute or two of searching, she thought she heard someone talking. Following the sound, she arrived at a dirt alleyway. Looking over the edge, she saw the girl, just sitting there in the dust. This wouldn't do, she was not only a danger to herself, but to Opal as well. Careless thieves made targets more cautious, and therefore, harder to rob. Just leaning her eyes over the edge of the roof, she picked up a small marble from one of her pouches and tossed it over the edge. The marble landed right next to the thief, surely attracting her attention.
  3. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

Cudra was polishing off the rest of her onion when a little blue orb bumped into her ankle. She curiously picked it up, examining it closely. "Weird. Where ever did this come from?" Cudra pondered as she scanned the alley. She tossed the marble in the air for a while, successfully catching it each time. "Maybe some kid lost it, not that I plan on returning it." Cudra started on a new onion, this time using her dagger to hack it into even slices. She didn't avert her attention from the marble which she still clutched in her fingers. So she sat there eating, pondering the origin of the strange marble. But what she could not deny was that ever since the marble appeared, she had the eeriest feeling that she was being watched.
  4. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Nothing, she just sat there and looked at the marble. Sighing, Opal backed away from the edge and transformed back to her normal attire. Grabbing her new scroll, she pulled it open and read it clear through. She couldn't wait to try the new spell out. "Fairly simple." She muttered to herself as she transformed back to her thief attire. Leaning back over the edge, she wondered what was the best way to get her attention. A smile appeared on her face, as she realized the perfect plan.

Closing her eyes, she repeated the steps in the scroll, imagining the girls eyes as her own. After a bit of simple magical words, she opened her eyes. Hopefully, the girl would see through Opal's eyes, and see herself being watched. That would get her attention for sure. After a few seconds, she broke the concentration and stepped away from the edge. With all luck, the girl would climb up after her stalker.
  5. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

Suddenly, Cudra was seeing the grungy alleyway from above as well as herself from above. "What's going on?!" Cudra panicked and spat a mouthful of onion onto the dirt, thinking they were causing her to hallucinate. She saw herself back up into a wall. "W-What is this?!" She screamed internally. A few moments later, she was no longer seeing herself from up above. Her normal vision returned. "T-That was crazy!" Cudra exclaimed aloud. She turned to a rusted ladder on the side of a building and started climbing it. During her ascend, she wondered if the vision was apart of some prophecy and it was trying to tell her something. "Maybe it wants me to climb up here..." She murmured as she hauled herself onto the building's roof, still quite shaken from the event.
  6. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Opal was quite please with the reaction from the girl. Instant terror, and yet she was brave enough to climb up to find what was happening. She smiled, she might be able to work with this girl. As she saw the girl climb up, she stood straight up, and stared at the ladder, waiting for the girl to pop over the top. To complete the scary thief look she was going for, she pulled out one of her daggers, and gripped it tightly. Hopefully the girl would react the way she wanted her too, and not try to attack her. That would only prove useless, for both of them, as she had no intentions to hurt the girl.

Hopefully, things would go as planned, just tell this girl to stay out of the daylight, and that hiding in dirt alleys is not a safe idea. Just basic thief tips. This girl probably didn't have much practice. Opal, on the other hand had several years of practice, but that didn't mean she was perfect either. She only pretended to be perfect. In all honesty, Opal knew she was holding herself back by helping these rookies, but she felt it rather unfair that she had someone to teach her, and they didn't. Because of this, she had several apprentices roaming the city. She met with them at random times, whenever she felt like, and they would give her a portion of their loot. It was a nice business she had going, if you could even call it one. It was more or less a mutual agreement. Perhaps this girl could be one of them?
  7. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

Cudra found herself face-to-face with the blade of a dagger held by a person cloaked in leather black armor. She yelped and scooted away. "Yikes, please don't hurt me!" She said. Cudra collected herself when the person didn't attack. "Um, who are you? Are you the person who lured me up here?" Cudra looked down at the wooden roof they were atop and then down at the alley she had been hiding in. She could see a pile of white cubes--onion--left on the ground. "So I wasn't hallucinating because of the onions! Too bad since I was really enjoying that onion...it was nice and ripe and..."

Cudra remembered the person she was with. "Oh! Yeah, who are you exactly?" She asked again nervously.
  8. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Opal laughed a little. "Surely you know names are not told among thieves?" She waved her fingers a little bit and put the daggers away. She took a step closer to the young girl and lowered her hood, revealing her face. Trying to look as comforting as possible, conflicting her earlier frighting look in an attempt to get the girl to trust her. "I know I may have scared you, but you really need to work on your skills." Opal said to her. "I'm not here to harm you, but you need to learn a few lessons."

Realizing that her previous sentence could be taken as a threat, she quickly replied with "Your thieving skills, or lack thereof I suppose, is going to cause you trouble in the long run." She reached out her hand to the girl, hoping that she would do the same. "Your going to need help in this world if your going to survive."
  9. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

"I'm not here to harm you, but you need to learn a few lessons. Your theiving skills, or lack thereof I suppose is going to cause you a lot of trouble in the long run." The girl said with an outstretched hand. "You're going to need help in this world if you're going to survive." Cudra gasped and gladly grabbed the other girl's hand with hers. Her eyes brimmed with hope. "Y-You mean, you'll teach me?" She nearly squealed. "Please do! I've always wanted someone to teach me..."

Cudra was pleading with her at this point, slumped over with her hands clasped together. "I promise I'll do whatever it takes to improve, master!" She had always dreamed of calling somebody that. Overjoyed, Cudra lunged at the other girl and embraced her tightly. But immediately feeling like she made her uncomfortable, let go and scooted back.

"I-Is that a 'yes' then, new master?" She squeaked, almost foaming at the mouth.
  10. Magnere

Magnere Momentai vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-6426-3927
    Opal was a little shocked about the over enthusiasm of the girl, but she obviously was one to keep around. This girl was eager to please. A smile grew on her face, "I'll teach you what I know. But first, a test might be in order." Opal bent down to the young girl. "Meet me back here at nightfall, I have a little job for us to do." After that, she ran over to the edge of the roof and jumped down. Quickly slowing down her descent using her magic, she landed on her feet. Looking back up to the girl still standing there, she nodded to the young girl, and then proceeds to sprint down a nearby alley.

After looking back to see that she was not being followed, she transformed back to her normal clothing and walked home. Her house was a rather fancy little cottage in the middle of Castle Town. It wasn't until she had walked inside and sat in one of her many chairs did she realize what she had committed to doing. She had no idea who the girl was, she didn't even know if the girl was worth any of her time. But Opal never could help herself with children. It was a strange urge, Opal knew that. But she had a feeling that this girl had even less than she did when she was the childs age. Regardless, she had a long night to prepare for.

----

It was almost nightfall now, she should arrive soon, Opal thought to herself. Hiding on the building next door, she carefully watched their meeting location. She had to take precautions in case the girl was a castle guard spy, but that seemed highly unlikely. However, Opal was not one to take many chances when it came to the guard. They were a constant nuisance, always showing up at the wrong time, and ruining some of her well made plans. But then again, she was sure that they knew nothing about her. Either way, Opal was probably just being paranoid. As soon as the girl showed, she would show herself.

Opals hands squeezed tight around a scroll in her hand. A little gift for the young child, that is, if she showed. The girl would need all the help she could get if she plans on being a thief. Though it was true, she had not learned the power on this scroll, she would dedicate some time to learning it at a later date. But for now, this girl truly needed its help.

OOC (open)
    Hey! Sorry for taking so long. As soon as you reminded me, I was going to post, but then my internet went kaput. Thanks for being patient with me. I kinda took some initiative with the whole scroll thing as a gift from Opal for Cudra to learn Shadow Invisibility. I probably should have asked you if that was okay first before posting it, but i didn't see you online to ask, and I wanted to post as soon as possible. If you planned on doing something else, I'll remove the whole bit about the scroll.