Interests?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Double_r111, May 6, 2013.

1. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

So, I decided to post over here in general discussion to stimulate some discussion and bring some life into this part of HC. After spending way longer than I probably should have thinking of something to discuss, I finally thought of something.

What are you guys interested in? Do you have any really strong interests or things you really love to talk about? I personally am a huge history geek, though I find the social studies in general to be absolutely fascinating. I'm also pretty big on gaming, especially strategy and RPGs. I generally enjoy games which involve more thinking. As one more thing to mention, I also enjoy useless trivia and learning in general (As long as it's done of my own free will and not forced upon me). Oh! And I nearly forgot writing, especially poetry. That's a pretty big one. Don't know how I came so close to forgetting it.
  2. Clank

Clank Can we please kill the overuse of AJAX? reg

Hmm, I am really into:
    Technology, especially hardware, and some software(though I don't know that much programming...)
    Math, who doesn't love the only thing that makes sense...
    Video Games, including the Ratchet and Clank series, the Zelda series, the Lego games(aka Lego Star Wars and the like)

Yep, that's about it...
  3. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    WALL OF TEXT INCOMING! I have a few interests. In general, I don't have very many things that I am passionate about, but once I get into them I REALLY get into them. This is why once I get started talking about them, I NEVER ONCE SHUT UP. As anyone who has fallen into the trap of talking to me about Fire Emblem knows well.

First and foremost though, I'm a writer by nature. Whether it's fanfiction or original fiction, I'm usually either writing stuff up on the laptop or milling, polishing, refining, and throwing out ideas in my head. Sadly at the moment that's mostly fanfiction, and I specialize heavily in FE fanfiction.

Fire Emblem itself is probably my biggest obsession, too- the games get my creative juices going, I JUST realized I somehow missed 33 chapters of FE1 manga, and if anyone ever finds an English version of the official FE7 novel I call dibs so hard it hurts. I was legit not capable of non-FE-themed creative thought for two to three weeks after getting FE: Awakening for 3DS. I'm autistic like that.

The only really social thing I have going on IRL is that I ride horseback once a week. Horses have been my favorite animals since I was... three, I think, and when I turned ten my parents gave me a quarter year's worth of riding lessons for my birthday. I've never stopped riding since then, only missing a single-digit number of lessons for reasons other than vacation. Recently, a variety of reasons is making it more difficult on me to justify continuing, but if I stop I will greatly miss the horses and I will NEVER leave the house anymore, so I continue to do it.

My last BIG hobby is Warhammer. I don't get a lot of chances to actually play, since I don't have a driver's license and carrying an army on the back of your bike is worthy of a meme, but I'm a fervent collector and painter. I have three armies going on and am seriously considering collecting, if not for gaming purposes, a fourth one. Sadly, much like horseback riding, this is definitely not the cheapest of my hobbies. It doesn't help it works about as addictively as a drug...

I have some minor interests, mostly rooted in video games, such as Zelda (or I wouldn't be here) and Pokémon, but nothing that really immediately jumps out to the forefront of my mind... so I'll just end this off saying that I can't stand silence and thus I have to almost always be either watching LP videos on Youtube or listening to music on my laptop or MP3-player to avoid going gaga. That counts as an interest, right?

...looking at the size of this post in preview I'm almost embarrassed. XD
  4. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Hm. Interests eh? Well obviously gaming and Zelda are a few. I am an avid DnD fan. Before royally fucking my shoulder up I wrestled and was pretty big into weight lifting. I am HUGELY into music. I can barely go an hour without listening to some form of music. I prefer Hard Rock and Heavy Metal. I am pretty good in school and have a passion for science, mostly Biology. I am also really good at math being able to sleep through class and ace everything. There's also Destany, but you guys hear enough about her out of me on a normal day. :haa: I'm most likely missing a few of them, but I think this post is long enough for me.
    -Ultra5
  5. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

I can actually really connect to that BP. When I find something I really like or find interesting, it's hard to stop myself from bringing it up constantly. I tend to get really passionate about what I'm interested in, although how long can vary. With games, I kind of go in cycles, playing different groups of game series almost exclusively for weeks, and then not touching them for months afterwords (This, predictably, gives me problems finishing longer games. It's why I still haven't beaten Skyward Sword). I do have some more permanent ones too though, like history. I could talk about history for hours if anyone would listen XD
  6. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Pffff I have way too many interests :tpr:

I guess my biggest ones are drawing and animating, since that's also my study and will hopefully become my job later on, but I'm also really into photography, especially collecting vintage (and still working) cameras and experimenting with different methods of developing film.
    Making costumes and such is also one of my hobbies, but unfortunately I currently lack time and materials to really work on something. I also used to be into fencing and playing violin, but I quit both because I didn't have the time anymore due to studying.

Also of course, video games, though my favourite one'll change every few months or so. I usually play one or two games at a time, which I'll be completely obsessed by, until I find the next. At the moment it's Fire Emblem: Awakening and Bioshock Infinite. I don't really always have a long enough attention span, especially not with hard videogames, I'm more playing them for recreation than really getting all the achievements or highest levels.

I can think of tons of other things that interest me, but I don't want to put up a giant wall of text, so I'll just stop here, as these are my biggest interests. XD