Inner fire [Final]

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Razgriz, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Name: Inner fire

PWC: Power/Courage?

Description: The user ignites all the pent-up anger, rage, resentment, and righteousness within themselves and uses it to push themselves past any sane physical limit. Their strength increases drastically while reflexes reach levels at the peak of focus and they lose any sense of pain, touch or fear, making the immune to any such feelings (including magic, drug, item, etc. -induced ones).

Limitations: The user will inevitably feel exhausted and in great pain as all the pain from injuries and over working one's muscles comes back at once, and will require hours of rest to recover even partially. Using this power for more than two minutes at a time will inevitably cause unconsciousness at the end of use and death after about five. Fully recovering takes about 2 days without magical help and the power requires about a week and a half between uses to build up the required emotions again. This power also makes the user unaware of any injuries they incur (unless they see it or it severely inhibits them) and offers no real protection from injuries.
  2. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Re: Inner fire

For a final draft, a lot of the specifics here probably won't be necessary. However, as far as the concept of a spell that essentially 'enrages' (in the meta sense) a character and makes them temporarily immune to mental disables, this concept seems fine.

Assuming I've understood everything correctly, [1/2]
  3. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Re: Inner fire [1/2]

It's acceptable. [2/2]
  4. Ribitta

Re: Inner fire [2/2]

`Inner Fire
    Original: Razgriz, Technique - Defense/Offense
    [Empowerment]

P5 or C5: 30 rupees
    P4 or C4: 40 rupees
    P3 or C3: 60 rupees
    P2 or C2: 80 rupees
    P1 or C1: 160 rupees

Releasing their emotions and restraints, the user embraces their carnal self and is filled with Inner Fire. While under the effects of Inner Fire, the user is immune to fear and mental incapacitation, dispelling effects of magic and drugs in their system and even losing the ability to feel pain at all. While in this state, they may find their strength and reflexes pushed to the brink of their capability, drawing everything that they have at once. Because of this, they become increasingly vulnerable to injury and need a significant amount of rest before using this again.
  5. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Sounds good Rib, though would it be ok to have it be a Courage and Power treasure?
  6. Ribitta

It's a close one, but I can see it both ways. Amended and passed.