Inferno [Final]

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Tsubori, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Name: Grand inferno (Major treasure. So very much)

P/W/C Type: P or W

Appearance: A massive pillar of flame spanning about thirty meters in radius and shooting right up into the sky.

Description of Function: After thirty seconds of focussing all the power and passion they can muster within themselves, a massive torrent of flame bursts into this sky and engulfs everything around the user, including the user themselves. While very likely to immolate all but the hardiest of foes, it also deals half damage to the caster, regardless of any immunities or resistances. After casting, the user will be very light headed, capable of fighting no more until extensive rest is recieved.

Limitations: Requires Fire Control and five treasures with the fire tag. Can only be used once per RP. Deals immense damage to the user, nearly placing them into unconsciousness. Has a casting time of thirty seconds. Does not differ between friend or foe, merely burns everything within it.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Re: Grand Inferno

My greatest problem with this is that only Canonical or Borderline Canonical stuff can be entered as Major Treasures into the Library. Otherwise, people could just make super powered treasures and flood the MT section. The site's most powerful treasures should remain exclusive and canonical. HC is based in Zelda lore, so it only makes sense.
  3. Tsubori

Hm, what's the strongest canonical fire attack in any game then? Because this feels like if it was restricted by normal treasure status, it wouldn't be able to have the power that a master level fire spell would have. Fire is often related to power. That said, this is far too powerful for a standard treasure, right?
  4. Quill

http://zeldawiki.org/Fire#Fire_as_a_weapon

The two strongest canonical fire weapons in the Zelda series are Din's Fire and the Bombos Medallion. Din's Fire is used as an example of a God-Tier weapon, so no luck there, and I would be greatly surprised if the Bombos Medallion were not considered the same. That being said, you're welcome to root through enemies and obscure Zelda techniques if you want. Unless another staffer says otherwise, though, I don't think this as how it is atm is going to get through.
  5. Tsubori

So, the best I could find is Eldin's eruption of the volcano in SS, but that's obviously not allowed to be have anything based on. Honestly though, good fire attacks are almost unfindable in any Zelda game. Every fire boss and enemy just breathes fire or shoots fireballs. None of them have anything that stands out to me as a powerful enough attack to use as the ultimate fire attack. This basically means that what's supposed to be a master level fire attack is bound by being a standard treasure, and thus gimped horribly. Are there any compromises that can be made?
  6. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

I'm sorta okay with the idea of this treasure, but sure as hell not with its size. Thirty meter radius? As in a sixty meter diameter? No. No no no no noooo; you could barbecue a good portion of a bloody castle like that.
  7. Tsubori

Oh, that's my apologies. I mixed up Radius and Diameter. It's meant to be switched there.
  8. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

30 meters is still way, way, way too big for a sky-reaching pillar of fire. It's still god-tier and anti-fortress in design.
  9. Tsubori

What would you recommend as a radius then? With a casting time like thirty seconds, you're unlikely to actually hit anything hostile with it before the get out of the radius or poke you with swords if it's a very small radius.
  10. Quill

Well, if the power's dumbed down the casting time would be decreased accordingly. Perhaps we could take the basic "pillar of flames" idea and run with that. A pillar of fire, bursting anywhere from within the range of x feet, that's large enough and powerful enough to cook a horse. You'd have to be able to see the target patch of ground. How's dat?
  11. Tsubori

Sure. Seems alright to me.
  12. Quill

Name: Inferno

P/W/C Type: Power

Appearance: A pillar of flames bursting from the ground

Description of Function: The caster may cause a pillar of fire, large enough to cook a horse, to burst from the ground.

Limitations: The caster must have the target ground in his sights. Cannot be recast until several minutes have passed.

[1/2]
  13. Tsubori

Sure. Though should we remove Grand from it? It feels more like a normal treasure now, so maybe we could save a big sounding treasure name for when the next Zelda comes out and we see if there's anything there.
  14. Quill

Fine by me
  15. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Re: Inferno

[2/2] for Inferno. Sorry the whole MT thing didn't end up working out.
  16. Tsubori

Re: Inferno [2/2]

It's fine. We'll just have to hope a strong fire ability has a showing in the next Zelda. Not much works for fire canon. Nothing's really outstanding, like I said other than god level stuff.
  17. Quill

Re: Inferno [2/2]

Switched it to Wisdom to match similar Fire spells in the LoT.

`Inferno
    Original: Tsubori, Technique - Offense
    [Fire]

W5: 30 rupees
    W4: 40 rupees
    W3: 60 rupees
    W2: 80 rupees
    W1: 120 rupees

The caster may cause a pillar of fire, large enough to cook a horse, to burst from the ground. The caster must have the target ground in his sights. This spell cannot be recast until several minutes have passed.
  18. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Since it's been a week with no objections, I'm assuming Tsu is fine with this.

Approved and added to the LoT.