IMPORTANT: Website Problems

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Guy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Guy

Guy Admin admin

There's been an issue with iPage, who are the the providers of our domain name, "hyrulecastle.org". For the time being, all of HCs pages based on the dot-net url may become unavailable. (I.e., you may suddenly be unable to access "library.hyrulecastle.net", and all of the pages therein, as well as the forums themselves.) If iPage's representative is to be believed, then I will be able to fix this issue in the next 30 days.

In the meantime, we'll have to make do with "hyrulecastle.org"--that is, unless someone feels like donating $150 just so we can get the dot-net url back sooner. Because of this change, some links across the forums will not be functional. Most notably, the banner at the top still links to the dot-net site, which may or may not function.

Thankfully, whether you post on the reliable dot-org site, or the unreliable dot-net site, your posts will still show up on both sites.

I'm still trying to sort through these issues, but hopefully we'll be back to running normally again soon enough. In the meantime, please bear with me.

Tl;dr--For the time being, you may need to access the forum via the url "hyrulecastle.org/forums". Some clickable links may not function. I'm working on a solution. I apologize for the inconvenience.

UPDATE: The hyrulecastle.org site should now have full functionality.
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  2. Clank

Clank Can we please kill the overuse of AJAX? reg

If you have access to the database(eg phpmyadmin) you can change all the URLs from .net to .org fairly easily.
  3. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Might it be a good idea, if possible, to send the members an email or something? Because a know a lot of people (me included) thought the site was completely gone.
  4. Clank

Clank Can we please kill the overuse of AJAX? reg

He actually did send out an email.
  5. Guy

Guy Admin admin

I did send an email, and I did update the databases--but that didn't fix everything.

Anyway, all of the links across all of HC should now work on hc.org instead of hc.net. (This may require your DNS to update or your cache to clear, so this may not work for everyone immediately.) Similarly, hc.net should redirect to hc.org.

After 24 hours have passed since this post, if anyone has problems, first try to do a hard refresh in your browser (usually ctrl+F5). If the problem persists, please contact me and I'll get on it. :tpr:
  6. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

That's odd, since I didn't see any email :c It's not even in my spam folder or anything, just nothing.

The links seem to be working, but since it's not been 24 hours yet (I think), the .net adress doesn't redirect me to the .org one yet.