I'm looking for...

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Terrel, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Terrel

Terrel Oracle of Secrets reg

Terrel wrote the words slowly, the pen feeling unfamiliar in her hands after so many years of not really needing it. Looking out the window, she glanced at the notice board she had intended on putting up her own piece of literature on. Most of the posters and signage were elaborate and colorful though, with different pictures and pieces of information. Looking down at her own rough, sloppy penmanship, she hastily slashed through the letters with the pen before slamming it down on the table in frustration. At every turn she seemed to hit a wall, and every day and night that passed seemed to cool the trail even further. Maybe there wasn't even a trail and she was just making things up at this point. With a groan, Terrel let her head drop into her hands, suspended over the wooden table she was sitting at, all of a sudden very interested in the woodwork a few inches from her nose.

What was there to do?

She wasn't about to give up, that was for certain. However, it seemed the more she hunted the less she found, like a shadow running away from a lamp trying to inspect it. Maybe she just needed a different approach. Her lists of old names had dried up, all unfruitful, and the people she really needed to have a good word with were no where to be found. Loathe as she was to admit it, maybe letting fate guide her was the only way to do it.

She grimaced at herself over the thought. Was she really that mindless? But there didn't seem any other option, and it seemed some strange chance of fate had risen her to this challenge to begin with. What she really needed to do now was to close her eyes and shoot her crossbow, hoping to follow the trail fate wove for her bolt so she could find some answers. It all sounded like rubbish, but the unfortunate reality now was that anywhere in Northern Hyrule was as good as the next place.

((So I'm looking to RP with just about anyone anywhere in Northern Hyrule. I'm typically a fairly active and regular RP poster, so if you are looking for partnership with a character or two, I might be your friend! I'll do my best to keep the RP interesting with anyone who comes my way :>

Both OOC and IC responses are completely welcome~ Looking forward to getting out there))
  2. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    What kind of RP are you looking for? Combat? Non-combat? Story-heavy? Mindless Quest?
  3. Terrel

((Anything should work =o Maybe I'd keep it more on the relax end, at first, but I'd be open for just about everything))
  4. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    I'm just trying to deduce which character would work well for you. Victus is a helpful type who can do both sides, Belneth and Rile can handle combat well enough, but Suxen is combat-free right now.

Any character interest you as an adventuring partner?
  5. Terrel

((I'll read each of the character sheets and then let you know. Maybe you could do the same with mine?))
  6. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    After reading everything, I very well think her fellow Darunia-ite would be the best companion.

He can fight, he can not fight, he likes pretty woman and good song, is always up for a good drink, and above all else is always interested in a good story.

EDIT: he he he, opps. By "he" I mean Belneth Finder.
  7. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Hi! Could I join up? If you don't mind, could I bring both my characters into this?
  8. Terrel

((If it's alright, Quill, I'd rather stick with just James, at this point, but I would love to RP with you later. The reason is that this is a new character, and I'm not super confident in my ability to flesh them out on my first try. I'm not the best of all writers, so it's easier for me to focus on that if I only have one other person to be dealing with.

I read all your characters, James, and I think I agree with you that Belneth would be a very fitting choice, though maybe Rile could be an option in the future, too? It could turn out interesting.

Would you be willing to set up the RP, as well? You probably have more experience than I do, doing that here... haha))
  9. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    I can set it up no problem, all I need to know is if you have a specific location you'd like to start in. I can assume close to Daruina but I want to make sure your fine with it.

Oh, and anything Rile is in turns interesting, XD.
  10. Terrel

((Awesome :> Anything sounds fine, but since both our characters are from Darunia I like that idea even more

One last thing. Should we be using the "quest" system you guys have here? I had been thinking it would be really neat to give Terrel the "Ballad of Gales" treasure, and (I think) I could buy it with a quest reward combined with some of my rupees leftover if I'm understanding the system okay.

Again, though, anything works~))
  11. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Before I get to the meat of the post, I've gotta say, I love your avatar. Usually people go with Nayru or Din, XD.

Yah, using the Quest system is easy and gives the character some progression either skill or item-wise, but we don't have to worry about submitting the actual quest until we know for sure what we're doing in the RP.
  12. Terrel

((Sounds good! Looking forward to it, and thanks :> ))
  13. Chaos James

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Sorry for the wait, haven't been online much lately.

Anyways, here is the link to the RP: viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1100

I look forward to RPing with you.
  14. Terrel

((I guess life got the best of James for the time being, so our thread is now inactive... I guess that means this topic comes back! Consider this offer and request re-opened for anyone who would take interest in it :>))
  15. Quill

Interest. I skimmed through the thread. What exactly's the plot of it?
  16. Terrel

((Someone! The thread ended openly, so I could put her just about wherever works still. She'll have motivations, but those can be twisted into many different types of threads. Do you have anything in mind, by chance?))
  17. Quill

Well, I do have a QB thread that never started... Would you be interested in picking that up with me? viewtopic.php?f=59&t=1113
  18. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Hm. I am interested in an RP if you'll have me. My posting speed could be a bit slow though.
  19. Terrel

((Since Quill asked first, I've decided to put Terrel in his quest. Maybe we can roleplay when she's done there~!))
  20. Quill

Great! I'm just waiting to see if Pancake'll be accompanying us, then we're off.