if you could timer travel...

Discussion in 'Zelda Discussion' started by Tanto, May 11, 2013.

1. Tanto

Tanto New Member new

OK this one has bugged me since I first understood the idea of a paradox.
    In oot link after completing the forest temple gains the ability to travel back and fourth through time at will. So my question is why does he bother dealing with the adult would? Why can't he go back to the child would, go looking for Zelda and prevent all of the stuff happening in the first place? According to the time line in Hyrule historia when you travel back to the childs time it is before ganondorf entered the sacred realm so its not to late to stop him getting the truce of power.

What do you think? Am I missing something or have Nintendo simplified a time paradox for the sake of a good video game?
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Link gains the ability to travel between two very specific points in time during the game. The point for traveling back to the Child time is after G-man enters the Sacred Realm, after Zelda flees, after all that.

The time line in Hyrule Historia is probably referring to when Zelda sends Link back at the very end of OoT, which goes back further in time to before G-man entered the Scared Realm.