Ice Shell [Final]

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Tsubori, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Name: Ice shell (Major treasure)

PWC: W

Appearance: The user enters a sleep-like state while still conscious, and is encased in ice, sharp and tough. The ice is partially see though, but covered in white etchings.

Description: The user calls a freezing wind around them, summoning snow to themselves. Lifted into the air, they become coated in ice reaching up to four times their width. In this form, the user can only cast spells with the ice tag, and can only move by a slow levitation at the speed of a brisk walking pace.

Limitations: Can only use once a week. When the user exits this form of their own will, or the ice takes enough damage, the user will remain in the sleep-like state, unable to move for about half an hour.

This is basically Blizetta's thing, minus the extra pillars, size, or speed. Should be canon enough without those, right? Or is it too powerful?
  2. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Re: Ice shell (major)

So does this do anything besides making an ice shield and restrict the kinds of spells you can use, really?
  3. Tsubori

They're completely encased in the ice, and you can levitate.
  4. Ribitta

Be amusing to see them not levitate and just roll around...

Anyway, I feel like this may not need to be major, then, unless the amount of punishment we're talking about is greater than multiple powder kegs or something crazy. I'd like R.D. or Quill's opinion on this though.
  5. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

As far as Major status goes... it's not quite at that level yet. If its speed was like that of Blizzeta's, then I think it'd be worthy. IIRC, the ice structures she used in battle could move at such speeds due to the floor being ice, correct? Given ice physics in Zelda I think that'd be doable. I think that would put up a restriction, though, of making this only viable offensively when used in the correct environment.

Also concerning the basis of this treasure, the original boss restructured the ice shells into different forms. Could the wielder of his treasure perform the same feat?
  6. Tsubori

Personally, I'm all for amping the power of the ability if you guys think it could be. I'd like to see more canon major treasures. We've got slots for that stuff, let's use'em! :P But yeah, I could see maybe a speed increase, and the ice forming different shapes. Maybe even two of the ice chucks Blizetta attacks with?
  7. Ribitta

I'm not necessarily against debate on this, but after actually playing through the Blizzeta battle... I still have a hard time making this a treasure, especially a major one. Blizzeta was largely useless in combat, even with the ice pillars and all those other little things. You'd have to restrict this to certain environments, like R.D. said, and ehhh... It seems very difficult to use functionally outside of a prescripted boss battle.

That said, I'm not against have an Ice-Shield that covers you from physical harm and raises you from the ground. But I don't want this to be a MT. I don't think we can buff it viably and keep it canon, and I don't really want to; MTs aren't really something that should be forced into the role.
  8. Tsubori

Alright, I guess that'd be fine. Mostly, I was trying to come up with a major treasure and looked at various bosses first. So what would you say this should keep?
  9. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

The protective shell is probably the most important bit. Ice magic will be strengthened while within the shell, but the drawback is that no other magic can be used. Makes it really for ice mages. For the sake of expediency, I'm just going to say [1/2] if you agree.
  10. Rising Dragon

Re: Ice shell [1/2]

I'm still of the opinion this could work as a Major Treasure. Even with the environment restriction, a fast-moving heavily structured block of sliding ice wouldn't be an easy thing to overcome. Remember, Rib, not everyone conveniently has a Ball and Chain to use against such a thing, and I imagine swords wouldn't be of much help. I'd even be okay with it creating the ice field it'd need to slide, so long as the area is perfectly flat to allow it--otherwise the Ice Shell would find a dip and settle.
  11. Quill

- Thick ice shell
    - Creates ice field to slide around on
    - Amplifies user's ice magic
    - User can only use ice magic
    - MT

I'm down with it. My [1/2] stands.
  12. Rising Dragon

As am I. [2/2]
  13. Quill

Re: Ice shell [2/2]

How's this?

14. Tsubori

Lol, I turn away to watch wreck it ralph with my family, I turn back and the treasure is suddenly making a dramatic turn XD That said, I'm down.
  15. Quill

WRECK IT RALPH diuasfdpfajiosdopajf

DAT MOVIE idapsjifisjifspjifpasf

Accepted.