I need your help, HC!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Ribitta, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Hey guys and gals,

Not terribly long ago I made a post asking people to give me some, "I'd like to see"s regarding the plot. As I mentioned there, I am in the process of creating a progression of the storyline for HC, but I need your guys' help. Before I go there, let me explain a bit about how I'm wanting to change up the actual deployment of plot parts. It doesn't have much of a name, though I've taken to calling them Flavor Posts, but here's the concept.

As the plot progresses through HC, in part due to independent NPC actions as well as hopefully PC interactions. I will be putting up posts that should give a closer look at individual areas of Hyrule, some specifically related to the plot, and others just to give you a checkup on what exactly has been going on. HC has been around for about a year and some months, now, and it's a huge bummer we still don't know much about what's going on in, say, Dragon Roost Island or the Zora's Domain. What's happening to the Gorons? These are all things I want to draw some light on with Flavor Posts, giving an In-Character type of look at each of these locations, sometimes even from multiple perspectives.

My intention is to be doing 1-3 of these posts every week, some of them being directly plot related while others may not be. Plots take a long time, though, and I need content! So that's where I'm asking for your guys' help.

What areas do you guys want to see more of?

The staff has already done some brainstorming on this regard, but we want to be thorough, so I'm opening it up to everyone who would have an opinion about this. As of right now, here are some areas I can promise you are going to receive some attention. If you guys have new ideas or just want to support one already listed, please do eet. So here goes:

Places we love and want to see more of:
    • Hyrule Castle Town
    • Snowhead
    • Subrosia
    • Ikana
    • Kakariko
    • Windfall
    • Eastern Sea in general
    • Zora's Domain
    • Impa
    • Crescent Island
    • Dragon Roost Island
    • Darunia

IF something's on the list already, but you'd like to see maybe a specific perspective, bring that up too! It should be noted, too, that if there are people you want to see, you can bring that up here if you want to.

Looking forward to it <3
  2. SenpaiPancake

SenpaiPancake Shhh! I'm charging my laser... reg

Morgue Swamp/open conflict between the River Zora and the Lake Hylia Zora.
  3. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Tantari desert could use some attention as well, because it takes up a solid portion of southern Hyrule. Also, Maybe some mention of death mountain stuff? I mean... All the gorons aren't just sitting around doing nothing, I assume a few have been brash idiots and went to try to take back home sweet home. So maybe a little bit of attention there too, though I'm sure that with Ganon (Maybe) Being in there, it was intended to be major anyway. I'd also like to see more of people like the king of the zora, gorons, etc. We only really hear from the Deku tree for one race, and the Hylian King for the rest.
  4. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

As Jarin said, Moruge Swamp doesn't get nearly enough love. Also, I don't know how much could be done with the area, but the lower wilds area looks kind of bare. It definitely needs something to spice it up a bit. Sure Ikana's by there, but it's the size of Hyrule Field, and it doesn't seem to have much importance to it other than being a path to and from Ikana. It really should have more to it than it does now.

EDIT: So, I was thinking, and I had an idea. I don't know what's planned for the area, but maybe somewhere in the Lower Wilds, there could be an event where a new village is built or something like that in the future. I mean, it's right behind the Western Caves, the area is relatively empty, Ganon's monsters aren't there. It would make a perfect site. If you don't do this (which would be understandable) then I still want to see something happen in the area at some point.
  5. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

I agree with Double and Tsu, though I'd also love to see the Eastern Sea and Ikana get some action/attention.

The sea is huge and there's tons of islands in it for something to happen, and it'd give us a reason to go to sea, as there's not many RPs there at the moment.
    And Ikana, well, we know almost nothing about it, so it'd be fun to get some more info on that monster village or just Ikana's history in general.