How did you think of your character info

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Double_r111, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Are there parts of your character info you specifically thought of somehow. for example my character Sapientia's personality is very loosely based off of myself. Mainly the parts of him being a genius (I took an iq test of sorts in the 8th grade and scored as smart as a 20 year old in almost every category.) and the part of him being a loner. So what about you?
  2. Guy

Guy Admin admin

I get the feeling most role-players base their characters to some extent on themselves, in order to make writing as them flow better and be more enjoyable.

Guy Denzrita... is honestly a character I can barely even begin to articulate, largely because he was initially created before even Hylian Shield. He has many strengths and many flaws, but I suppose what he's based most upon is the idea I have of an individual who takes selfishness and rends it into a strength.... who also happens to be generally callous, and happens to possess a rugged flair.

Sienna Denzrita personifies my rage and detestation. She's basically a whirling vortex of insanity, violence, and inner conflict.

Dextra Denzrita has no personality. What is there is based upon childish fear and uncertainty.

Tent's personality is largely based on the personality of a character I had on a forgotten site which I believe was once called Legend of Termina. He's basically centered around the idea of being easily excitable and naive, yet virtuous--sort of like half the protagonists of every shounen manga ever made.

Gustav is based primarily around being a straightman and a crutch. I did, after all, create him initially for his merchant abilities to be abused by the Deku Brigade. His personality, though with a few sparks of wisdom and cunning, is intentionally down-to-earth compared to most of my more outlandish characters. He desires profit and has a tendency to lean towards doing the right thing, which makes him a good crutch.

Ruby Devilheart was originally a nothing-NPC I made to confront Gustav. However, I ended up liking her somewhat tomboyish, somewhat dutiful personality so much that she ended up becoming a full-fledged character, and the one I've so far used the second most, behind only Guy Denzrita himself.

Petal Denzrita was initially created to be Guy's successor, a humble individual who forged himself into something formidable, yet virtuous.

Mode Seven was initially just a monster encountered by Petal, who barely even believed what he was fighting in (and was thus easy to render with diplomacy). He eventually grew into something of a gentle giant, who gives his generosity and respect in plenty to those who have earned it, and punishes those who have wronged others.
  3. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

yeah, Guy I see what you mean, thinking back I think I somewhat did the same thing even unconsciously with my characters. The other characters I've made are Dustin, who represents my desire to travel and explore, as well as the fact that I've always wished I had some artistic ability, and I love paintings. My newest character Lott is something darker, my desire to get back at those who do wrong, even if it means stooping as low as them. Come to think of it, Sapientia I would say is my desire to always learn more.
  4. Chad

Chad New Member new

I think my character's personalities are often some part of my own. My characters either start or become somewhat like me with time. I have trouble controlling characters with widely different personalities because I don't think like they think.

Take my two characters here. Harnella is brave and adventurous, but a bit naive when it comes to things outside his home.

Temari is caring to those she likes, but is apathetic at best towards those she doesn't like. She doesn't treat people equally regardless of her personal opinion just because they're people too. You have to get on her good side first.
  5. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    I enjoy creating a lot of characters, though not necessarily using all of them. World and character building is something I have a particular enjoyment for, hence me having six characters.

All of my characters embody some aspect of me, though magnified ten, maybe a hundred fold. I like to concentrate on that one aspect because it helps me to create deep characters that I can partially identify with, while still having them be their own, separate entity. For example, Dante is the embodiment of Justice. Olias of Freedom, Boris of Compassion. To contrast them, I created Dogath, who embodies my obsession with battle, representing War. Uther represents Deception, and Nochtis represents Death.
  6. The Janitor

The Janitor New Member new

Well, like most people on here my characters are based on myself.

Filon is based on what a lot of people describe me as. (tall, eccentric, bushy dark hair, etc.)

Acern is based on the part of me that is really lazy and tired all the time.

Pelkar is my guardianship complex given physical form.

Christopher is my anger, outright insanity, and flair for the dramatic rolled into one character.
  7. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    This thread is OOOOLD. But I am bringing it back cause it was interesting. Also, I have moar characters to post about.

Relitt is because apparently I just have some kind of unusual fetish for characters that are broken. Or something like that. Also, sometimes I wish I was a massive douche. THE MOST MASSIVE.

Azher, the Tokay who punches things... well, I like to punch things. So, I wanted to create an RPC that I could punch with, while I punch the keyboard.... metaphorically of coura;lksmvkmlwa[.
  8. adad64

adad64 Admin admin

Oh yeah. Xel' was like my desire to swing ten foot long swords and break everything ever PERSONIFIED. Also he was short, I'm short, so pretty much me. Zajora was just gonna be Kafei until they decided it was too canon :O Now he's just kinda a random mage who has a varying personality depending on my mood and doesn't make much sense. WHICH IS LIKE ME!!!1!
  9. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Ok, Tanic (the Banker Goron) was a joke between me and Tsu that I would give more form and an English gentlemenly personality (AKA a massive ass to everyone not noble)

Kalik is just a lot of ideas thrown together, I also wanted a more speedy character as opposed to an outright brute one.

Say is just Genki (if I spelt that right) built specifically for lulz. That includes the swordsmanship, after all, you just got beat by a girl who's arch-nemesis is stairs.

Castus, I just wanted an absolutely badass close combat fighter, and you're never badass if you're disarmed and fight like a pansy; you now, if crippling pain slows you down or anything.

MC is another joke character who thinks he's that awesome and handsome, without realizing that the girls only like him cause he's that cute. Also, he's a boss DJ, who invented that sorta thing.
  10. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Most of my characters start out as jokes, or complete assholes. I don't know, I just seem to like to play asshole-y characters.

I think the only character I made as a serious one is Idris. Except that I got his name from a female character. Lamont and Morgan were actually hand-me-downs who originally had a nice elder brother, but then I decided to add another asshat and made Locke.

Though I suppose Clarence is also sort of serious. For now.
  11. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

For Jayden I wanted to make a guard character, but not one who’s just sittin’ and guardin’ stuff. So I thought “If guards are cops, what’s a step up?” SWAT. Thus HAREON was born.

Masaro is actually a port of a character from Dark Heresy, a Warhammer 40K RPG where he doesn’t fit in AT ALL. He himself is kinda based on the abridged version of Kato from Gantz.

Keiliegh is a port from the insanely awesome story Raz and I made. She was a fairly minor character who never got too much attention so I decided to expand on her here.

I wanted a Ganon worshipper, and figured Gerudo were prime candidates for that. There wasn’t much backing force for Harena beyond that.

Barth is… Physically based on sickle, from Batman arkham city, but personality and backstory are actually based around avenged sevenfold.

Stjarnstill is a huge twist on the music of Machinae Supremacy. A lot of him I thought of myself, but that band is the skeleton.

Cy'stavio I just wanted to write an asshole criminal guy. The rest kinda flowed into place.

Terra may be based a bit on Raine from Tales of Symphonia. Tack on the attitude, which is my own addition, and make her kinda more Indiana Jones-y.

Kasumi was made from me wanting a character who’s an actress, and Lulu taught me that entertaining Zoras work well. Then I started thinking of what her breakthrough play would be, and after I chose a modified batman, I had the idea of her gradually BECOMING the role she plays.

Sirron. Spell it backwards.

Crane is very heavily based on Scarecrow/Jonathan Crane from batman, who’s my fave comic villain ever.

Dealy is Billy Mays. Made of wood. But wait there’s more! A moss beard too.

Phiorra is actually very original, including the messed up backstory, and I got it all by desiring to take something very pure and good, and give it the ugliest backstory from the polar opposite end as I could.

TJ is my first shot at a goron, and I wanted a total tank with a heart of gold. It wasn’t till about halfway through the Bio that I realized I had basically written Augustus Cole in goron form.

Johnny is pretty much taking Johnny from Rock’n’rolla and putting him in HC.

For Gerard, realized my characters never have families due to TsuNPCitis. Thus I wrote him to be in a militant family. Then I played gears of war 3 >.< The Ramenda family became like the Carmines, thus contracting TsuNPCitis. Poor family.

Eikiria was me thinking “Hm. I don’t have any thieves!” So I wrote one up, and because I missed little Orianthi from FEP, Eikiria inherited her androphobia.

Chimera as a looter Gerudo in itself is original, as is her backstory, but I wrote it while listening to Wasteland Soul by Miracle of sound. Soooooo yeah.

Kiki I wrote after Mogmas came out and I saw potential in the claws for some awesome zerker combos. Then I watched the Felicia vs Taokaka Death battle and thought Tau would make a good mogma.

That’s all of them, but now I see how unoriginal a lot of it is T_T
  12. HiganRetour

HiganRetour New Member new

Rayna: Shit I need a character. Uhhhhhh I guess I'll be a .... Hylian... from darunia. So he's a thief. But maybe not a pickpocket. In fact, a real smooth talker. He'll look like.... *googles* Tahno and talk like that one guy... Alex deLarge. Yeah with russian and shit. What's that Duck you're making a thief too? They can be buds.

Man, this is shitty. Better clean it up.
  13. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Double_r11 (The thing about 20yr-old): TWINSIES!
  14. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Rua is yet another incarnation of the same Rua character I've been writing, since I began the first draft of a Diablo fanfic, Diablo: The Awakening of Chaos, and various incarnation tweaked things on his backstory to alter his development. In the first versions his older sister was killed, in others a younger sister was killed. In this one, he has a missing sister, whose death is unconfirmed, and in another current incarnation he has two sisters alive, to explore different points of development.

Ayls and Kayt are both entirely new characters. In particular Ayls is a different take on the "childhood friend of the protagonist" (not that I'm trying to paint Rua as a protagonist) in fantasyish stories, in that there's a relationship between her and Rua, but unlike most explorations it is neither romantic nor is it healthy. HH just compelled me to add more flaws to her development.

Kayt I can't really discuss on account of it'd completely spoil where I'm trying to guide the character. What I can say is that I do not really play mages, in games or otherwise, so she IS an attempt at trying something different--a scholar or schemer instead of a soldier or hero, that sort of thing.
  15. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

...well, my character is to be a scholar, a schemer, a soldier and a hero. At the same time. They're not incompatible.
    Also: I'm a guy who thinks up endless tricks, figures out ways of getting out of situations that I'm never going to get into, and my character is me, in a world with more opportunities.