Honor Guard (Will & CJ)

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by WillowtheWhisp, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Dante looked to the sky, and was glad to feel its radiant beams beat down upon the skin of his bark. Even now, after all the snow had melted, the chill of the long winter remained deep within his bones, and it would be a good, long time before his body forgot it. Nevertheless, he was happy, his hand subconsciously wandering to his new weapon. Farore's Wrath, eh? he mused, feeling the smooth wood beneath his fingers. It was a weapon that had been born from his mind, and had taken shape through powerful magics, likely that of the goddesses. "In a way, you're a part of me..." He thought, looking down at the modified weapon. It had always been something that had lingered in the back of his mind, ever since he'd begun his studies in wind magicks and had acquired the Whirlwind. But he'd never thought to actually make it a reality. It was surreal, really.

But enough of the day dreaming. Dante shook his head around, bringing himself back down from the heavens. There was work to do, as was apparent by the bustling of Hylians, Gorons, even a few sparse Yeti around him. The caravan was just about ready to move on. Jumping down from a box of crates, he decided it was prudent to walk to where the rest of the caravan's guard was gathering. Most were Hylains, which made it rather difficult for the short scrub to see, especially once the captain began speaking. "Listen up, maggots! You're here for one thing, and one thing only! To protect this caravan! If even a single hair is missing from one of these civilians once we're done, I'll have your asses on a platter. Got it?" The rather loud man boomed. Dante was unable to get a view of the man, no matter how he shifted himself. Shrugging, he continued to listen.
  2. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    Even with the snow all but melted away, the travel on foot from Impa to Lon Lon was still incredibly long. It was still going to take time before Nicholas even caught sight of his hometown, and he was starting to get frustrated with it. Why hadn't he got a horse? Why did he have to be so stubborn. Either way, fuming about it wasn't helping him, so he took a deep breath and decided he'd read some more. Pulling out his book again, Nicholas found the page he left off on and started to read once more as he walked across the plains.
  3. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Dante sighed. He already knew that this was going to be a long journey. He honestly doubted that they'd run into any trouble, yet the captain insisted they keep a wary eye out for danger. It seemed that a good few of the men were actually soldiers-to-be from Castle Town, Dante had discovered, who'd accompanied the caravan as part of their training. Shaking his head, he wandered off in the middle of the captain's lecture. There was nothing he could learn from that man that he did not already know himself. Yet, despite his sureness that an ill fate would not befall them, Dante's hand remained near the handle of his Kukri, the holster to his Whirlwind staying loosened. Though it was habit more than anything, he had long since learned to expect the unexpected.

As if on cue, he saw a man walking down the road, straight towards them, but apparently so absorbed in his book that he had yet to notice the caravan. He was still several hundred meters off, but Dante was easily able to make out the man's form, including that of his metal arm. Huh. Civilian's clothing, yet hefting a pretty large weapon. I suppose I should greet him, before he stumbles into the caravan. With that, Dante took off down the road, away from the boring lecture, and towards something that might prove interesting. He took a fairly brisk pace, though he still walked, quickly approaching the coming figure.

"Hail, good sir!" He called out from the distance, hoping to break the Hylian's concentration. "Are you headed towards the Ranch?" Dante asked, though it was pretty apparent that this warrior was. Lon Lon Ranch was still many miles away, which was why the caravan had settled here for the moment, resting along the side of the road. Though Dante was friendly with the stranger, his eyes did not leave the burly metal arm. No sane person would use that, unless they knew exactly how to handle it. He commented to himself in his head. And so, despite his friendly tone of voice, his stance did not change, his hands at the ready for the possibility of danger.
  4. Chaos James

Chaos James Bastion of Debauchery vet

3DS Friend Code:
    1521-3083-7405
    As the sound of hooves approached, Nicholas closed his book and shoved it back into his jacket. He watched the rider, a small wooden creature he knew was a Deku, ride up in front of him and greet him politely. "Good day to you sir," Nicholas responded, glancing past the Deku towards the caravan in the distance. "Yes, I was heading home." As he told the Deku this, he wondered who and what could be in the caravan to warrant hiring outside swords. It was probably due for Nabooru, since it was closer to the mountains and more dangerous to travel. Either way, he shrugged, looking around before back at the Deku.

"How's the pay?" he asked, making small talk. But as he did, he glanced back over to his left where he had glanced before. He could shapes in the distance, moving quickly it seemed.

"That doesn't look good," he pointed out to the Deku, before continuing his brisk walk towards the caravan.
  5. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    "I have no idea, actually. I was just in the area, as I was heading south, and just happened to stumble upon them. They asked me to sign on, and I did, though I was rather surprised... For obvious reasons." Dante replied, motioning to his body. he was glad to have the horse, if only for a bit. It made keeping up with a Hylian far easier. He suspected that its owner would be wanting it back soon, though. He snickered slightly. With his luck, it would probably be the commander's, though he couldn't say he really cared even if it was. It's not like he was planning on running off with the horse anyways. He didn't like them much, always eating and making noise, and leaving poop everywhere. He shuddered at the thought; I can't believe Hylians even keep these things around.

Following the Hylian's eyes, he saw what the man meant. There was something moving towards them, and quickly, dust being kicked up by whatever it was that was moving so fast. More horses...? Dante wondered, since it certainly didn't seem the group was large enough to kick up that much dust otherwise. "You're right. I should probably report in, though I technically don't even take orders from them... nor am I actually on patrol." He chuckled slightly. At least they'd have a hard time chewing him out for running off with a horse, with this most recent development. Dismounting as they neared the caravan, he turned to the much taller man. "I'm Dante, by the way." He said, holding out a tiny wooden hand.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.