Holy Orb

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Quill, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Name: Holy Orb [up for discussion]

P/W/C Type: Wisdom

Appearance: A glowing silvery orb

Description of Function: The user swings or thrusts forward a weapon or other instrument to shoot forward a glowing silvery orb at a speed comparable to a fastball for a distance up to 30 meters. Upon impact this orb will burst into faint silver light reminiscent of moonlight. All undead creatures which are touched by this light will be severely burned, as will all Dark magic users. If the user's Wisdom score is at least 4 the spell can be cast from the mouth or palm instead of an instrument.

Limitation: The user may only cast this spell once every few minutes.
  2. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Can this affect anything other than undead or users with Dark Affinity? Or does it affect people who lack Dark Affinity but still use the [dark] fields?
  3. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

For the first, I can't really think of anything else for this to effect. If you have any ideas, they'd be most welcome.

For the second, no. It would only effect people with Dark Affinity.... I'm only saying this, though, because the plan is for nearly all [dark] treasures to have DA as a prereq. If this were ever not the case, then it would probably end up effecting [dark] users w/o DA.
  4. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

I think Undead and Dark users would be enough, and categorizing Dark users simply with Dark Affinity seems efficient.

1/2
  5. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Alright then, I'll give this a go.

Name: Holy Bolt
    aka: `Holy Orb
    Original:Quill, Spell - Offensive
    [Light], [Projectile]

W5: 25 rupees
    W4: 35 rupees
    W3: 50 rupees
    W2: 60 rupees
    W5: 80 rupees

The user swings or thrusts forward a weapon or other instrument to shoot forward a glowing silvery projectile at a speed comparable to a fastball for a distance up to 30 meters. Upon impact this orb will burst into pale light reminiscent of moonlight. All undead creatures which are touched by this light will be severely burned, as will all Dark magic users.

If the user has a Wisdom of at least 4: The spell can be cast from the palm or mouth, instead of an instrument.

Limitation: The user may only cast this spell once every few minutes.