Holle Dagdon

Discussion in 'Accepted Characters' started by Eternis, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Holle
    Honor:
    Regular
    Name:
    Holle Dagdon
    Race:
    Refugee of the Western Caves
    Place of Origin:
    Holle was born in Katsuo, but was raised in the Western Caves.
    PWC:
    1/5/2
    Treasures:
    Spin Attack (default), Sense (default), Jump (40 rupees), Feather Fall (20 rupees), Straight Shooting (10 rupees), Spark (10 rupees).
    Height:
    5'1"
    Weight:
    98 lb.
    Equipment:
    Sling, Worn Oiled Cloak , Small pouch for slingstones
    Appearance:
    Holle is short for his age, and lean. His dark brown hair has grown to his shoulders, and his bright green eyes are sharp. His clothing is torn and ragged, except for his cloak, which he maintains the condition of devotedly.
    Personality:
    Holle is very witty, and often uses this to his advantage. He plays tricks on the other boys of the Caves, and uses his talent with magic to escape from fights. He and the others have been much to busy aquiring food to improve upon his talents, so he developed "tricks" to help him. On the few occasions that he's been spotted by servants of Ganon, he has led them away from the refugees and escaped using his "tricks" to flee back to the caves. When in truly dangerous situations, he relies heavily on his magic and wits to help him, not being strong enough to fight honestly.
    Residence:
    None. He sleeps in out-of the way caves, or in hollows in the rock.
    Pet:
    None.
    Backstory:
    Holle was born in Katsuo to two loving parents. When he was one year old, the invasion of Ganon began, and when Katsuo fell his parents were among the refugees. However, they were among the many who perished in the escape. Since then, he has been raised by the community as a whole, and when he was able to, he helped the cave-dwellers as much as he could. At the age of seven, he displayed an uncanny ability to aim his sling-stones with perfect accuracy, and has since then hunted with the others. Slowly developing his hunting skills, his oiled cloak was given to him as a gift by one of the other hunters, and has developed a technique to use it as a gliding device when combined with his "Slow Falling" (featherfall) and "Lightweight" (jump) "tricks". Recently, he has decided to attempt to run to the 'Kokiri Forest' in the hope that they'll be able to help the refugees flee to Northern Hyrule, or at least to the forest itself before the caves are discovered.
    Edit: 20 Spare rupees
    Secondary Edit: I really hate twisting the rules, but this jumped out at me, and if it jumps out at me, then it certainly would've jumped out at a refugee like Holle, who's actively looking for tricks like that.
    Also, given that only special ammunition and magical clothing items are listed in "treasures", I assumed that a sling (note: not a slingshot) and a water-resistant cloak would be regular clothing.
    Post-Script: Please tell me if any of this is a little too iffy for your liking, so that I can fix it ASAP.

The Complete Holle Treasure Bandwagon

Spin Attack, Sense, Jump, Feather Fall, Straight Shooting, Spark, Din's Burst, Hover Boots, Adventure (Compaction) Pouch, Fire Enchantment, Ice Enchantment, Wall-Scaling, Pulse, Magic Bolt
    Rupees:17

Timeline Of Holle

- Holle is born, and then the sh*t happens to get him to the Western Caves
    - Holle is a bro-nager in the Western Caves, hunting sh*t and playing tricks.
    - (Semi-Canon: Holle is abandoned in the Forest Temple by Jacob, Marcus, and Loft)
    - Holle has dat adventure with Eve, involving some Great Old Lights.
    - Holle chills out with Whats-Her-Face and Jax on a Cloudy, No-Good-Very-Bad Day.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Re: New Character

Hello Eternis, and welcome to HC! You worry too much XD Keep the rupees for your character, you don't need to put them into the treasures. You'll need to edit that into your treasures, or just make a separate category for the rupees. The cloak and sling don't cost anything either, so you're fine there too. Being able to glide isn't a big stretch; just know that alley-oops are probably out of the question :P

Just one thing bothers me. Ganon is spelled with one "n" :tpr:

Other than my petty pet peeve, this looks great! For the sake of the archives, though, if you could please edit your post's title to fit your character, it'd be really helpful. Thanks!

Nice job, and welcome to HC! I hope to see you around the forums!

APPROVED
  3. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898

As a slight add on the the above statement, it should be noted that while feather fall and jump (or any other similar iteration of treasures) could be used to glide, such gliding is limited to taking you only as far as your initial jump (or falling height) could logically take you. Using a cape (or some other form of "gliding", outside of the wings granted to the Rito) would not extend your gliding distance by any significant amount, for various reasons (physics being chief among them; while this is a fantasy roleplay, to see any significant increase to the gliding distance, you would either need a treasure specifically saying it increases gliding distance, actual wings and a body tailored to flying, i.e. a Rito, or some sort of large, mundane gliding apparatus, which would be a treasure [albeit a cheap one] in and of itself).

Sorry that this particular exploit doesn't work (though certainly don't be afraid to explore various other smart & clever uses of treasures in the future). If you have any further questions, be it about this particular decision, or anything in general, feel free to shoot me a PM, or ask around on the cbox. Glad to see another member join, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Approved

Edit: (Oh. I guess you already discussed this with Ribs and/or Quill before hand, but it wasn't really recorded in this thread. Welp, it's in here now for future reference. )
  4. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Oh, indeed. But it would slow the fall (very slightly), and give a greater amount of in-air-control. Also, with his "tricks", he'd practice jumping in order to escape people, and do as much as he can to improve the power of his jumps. Given that, he'd actually be pretty good at jumping.
  5. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Alright. Just keep it logical and in-keeping with the general laws of physics, and you'll be fine. Just change the title of the thread and you're all set! Have fun RP'ing!
  6. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

New stuff from sub-profile bonus:
    Din's Burst (40) and 10 rupees.
  7. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Stuff from that creepy moblin dude: 20 Rupees.
  8. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

CRAZY-MAGIC POWERS:
    Holle now has Wisdom of 5, due to me being a regular. (It would've been a courage of 3, but papa needs his enchantment quintet.)
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  9. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Great old Lights Stuff:
    -70 Rupees (GASP)
    +Ice Enchantment
    +Fire Enchantment
    +Adventure Pouch
  10. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Crazy Holiday Moblin: +40 rupees.
  11. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Curiosity shop deals: -38 Rupees, +Pulse, +Wall-scaling
  12. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Votes: +5 Roop
  13. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

FINALLY FINISHED THAT FOREST TEMPLE
    Magic Bolt + 10 Roop.
    Also Hover Boots from that Halloween one that I forgot to put here that long while ago.