History and Map Update!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Bitoko, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Well guys, I've updated the history and the maps. I have not yet made the map page, so I'll link them below. Go click on the history link above and there is new stuff in all three of them, Northern Hyrule, Southern Hyrule, and Eastern Sea. If you guys would, read through them and make sure they make sense. Then tell me what you think! If you catch anything let me know or if something doesn't make sense etc... let me know. I also want your opinions on the histories themselves.

I have not yet updated the character creation stuff, so you may not yet create Yetis, Mogmas, or Kikwi. Also, please do not make a character from any of the islands yet.

And here are the maps:
    http://hyrulecastle.org/images/subrosia.jpg
    http://hyrulecastle.org/images/0map.jpg

I will update the map page tomorrow! As well start doing the character creation page as well as the rest of the pages etc... so yeah, fun stuff!
  2. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

I actually do have a question about the sea. The only current port that has been established is in Impa, is it safe to assume that there are several ports spread across the eastern sea? I can't have my nice expensive boat crashlanding every time.
  3. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

The town symbol below Mido is apparently a port which may or may not be named Fado in the long run.
  4. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

You may need to refresh the map, if you are not seeing the names and stuff its because your cash is showing you the old map. So yeah, REFRESH! And the only ports as of now are Impa and Mido. Windfall and Koholint also have ports as well.
  5. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

But the comments on the History that you requested. I think that they are well written for the most part, I really enjoyed the creation of Woodfall. I do have three questions though. Can Zora's traverse the freshwater swamps without the boat? Will it cost anything to traverse the swamp, and if so what are the reasons to travel into the swamp?

I liked the backstory of all the islands, I however would have preferred for them to have had a discovery as part of the actual roleplay. (but it is understandable why you didn't) I however would personally like for all future possible islands to be slowly discovered.
  6. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Well I'm glad you liked it! Yes, a Zora would be able to traverse it ok, and as for the cost to get a boat, its only in character cost if you know what I mean. You wont have to spend your treasure rupees on going into the forest.

As to why you'd want to go in there, thats up to you. There may be some story stuff going on in there at some point but thats for the future!
  7. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

I'm actually deleting that thread and making a map page that will have the updated info on it.
  8. Premium Chaos

Premium Chaos Member reg

One other thing I wish could change(but may be impossible) But nothing happens between 79 B.G. and 1 A.G.

Maybe add more filler stuff about when this king took over. Or something. Maybe when link was born. Just MISC stuff to make it seem more realistic instead of nothing happening then BOOM
  9. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Actually PC, I do have plans on doing that. If you look at the main history page where it links to the 3 sections, it states that there is Mandatory and Optional sections but mentions the optional ones haven't been released yet. That type of stuff is going to turn into the optional things. I want to add a lot more history like you said to give Hyrule more realistic life to it.
  10. Hyrulian Hero

Hyrulian Hero Member new

You might want to consider moving the compass rose in Hyrule if possible, other than that, it's beautiful.

As for the History section, Under dragon roost island, you mentioned the evolution of the Rito in two different places, it seemed a little redundant so I'm not sure if you meant to.

As for Windfall Island, I wonder if they could be a type of Hylian for character creation as inbreeding would have effected their genetic diversity.

A question about Animal Village on Koholint, are the animals regular animals or like anthro type animals?