Hey fellow Hyrule Castlers!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by EponaRider, Jun 10, 2013.

1. EponaRider

EponaRider New Member new

Hey everyone, my name is Chris. I am a writer and musician and a pretty big fan of Zelda as well! My first experience with Zelda was watching my brother play the original NES version when I was only about 4 or 5 years old, and it was a pretty awesome experience (even though for a long time he wouldn't let me play it!).

I really got into the series pretty heavily with Link To the Past, though, because the SNES was MY system (not my brother's), and I got it the day it came out. Such an awesome system and game! I don't have a whole lot of experience with the handheld installments, but I just recently played through all of Skyward Sword after getting the Wii U for Christmas, and that got me hooked on the series again.

Really looking forward to the awesomeness that is Hyrule Castle!

-Chris
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Hey, welcome aboard! You're a musician? : O Composer, director, instrumentalist, singer, all of the above? It's great to have you aboard, Chris (may we call you that?), and I really hope you enjoy your time here. You got a WiiU for Christmas? Lucky XD

Are you interested in the RP as well as the discussion forums? c:
  3. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Hello! c:

I hope you'll have a great time here, and if there's anything you want to know, feel free to ask!
  4. Fcgfyv

Fcgfyv Knight of Mind reg

Hello EponaRider! If there's anything you're unfamiliar with, or there's just someone you want to talk to or do stuff with, my PM box is always open. :D
  5. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Hi there Epona! Welcome to the forums! Good luck with the new job here!
  6. EponaRider

EponaRider New Member new

Thanks for the warm welcome, all! As Double pointed out, I'm going to be writing some articles and news for the site, so I'm very excited about that! I write for a couple other sites as well (not video game related). You can all check out my first article on the main post page, about some predictions and possibilities for the new Wii U Zelda game.

Yeah the Wii U was sort of a combined Christmas/birthday present (since my birthday's in January) from my lady - a VERY nice gift. What's funny is as a teenager I was about as big of a Nintendo fan as you could get - subscribed to multiple magazines including Nintendo Power, got tons of games the day they were released, and then I took a hiatus from playing games for probably about 12-13 years, as I got into other stuff like music/art. SNES and N64 were my two big systems, then I sort of skipped over the Gamecube, and now I'm trying to make up for lost time with the Wii U by playing some of the Wii's back catalog (including SS, which I thought was amazing, and I'm currently playing TP). I've tried to absorb a lot of video game news and videos over the past few months to get back into it.

I do kind of the singer/songwriter thing although I've been in several bands too.

The role playing sounds interesting - I will have to take a closer look at it. I'm still very new here and trying to absorb everything!

I figured I'd do a proper introduction with my real name since I'm going to be writing for the site as well, you all can call me by whatever you prefer, real name or handle. Again I'm very grateful for the warm welcome, thanks!