Hex

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Spirit Adept, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Spirit Adept

Spirit Adept New Member reg

Name: Hex
    P/W/C Type: Wisdom
    Appearance: Blasts a target with a blue-ish gaseous aura that permeates from the target if they are hit.
    Description of Function: For a short moment causes the target to become ineffective at combat through disorientation, ineptitude, or just plain bad luck.
    Limitations: Requires Dark Affinity

Use of the spell gives anyone within view the hunch that the user has a vulnerability against light magic and enhancements. As with all dark magic spells, possessing the spell gives the owner a slight vulnerability against light magic and enhancements that increases as they learn more dark spells.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Alright, so first two Staffers need to decide whether this is passable. Then, once a verdict has been made, we'll draw up a complete treasure decription and run it by you.

I like this; clear purpose, awesome drawback, connection to other treasures, open to RP'ers interpretation, rooted in canon... shiny!

How long is a "short moment?" Also, I take it that this does not require Dark Affinity?
  3. Spirit Adept

...crap, totally forgot about Dark Affinity, it does require DA to use.

As for how long is a short moment, I'm not terribly good with setting strict time limits on stuff. In the games these sort of ailments affect Link for somewhere between ten and twenty seconds, so I guess it'd be something like that augmented by the user's and target's mental and physical abilities. Long enough to be useful, but not long enough to last an entire scene of combat.
  4. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

For Quill's question, a general answer is fine, so that answer totally works.

I have a question as well. When casting this, would it act as a projectile, touch spell, or simply as a gas type of thing? I guess what I'm asking is, if you were about to be hit by this spell, what would you see, and how difficult (roughly) would it be to avoid?

Other than that, I like this a lot!
  5. Spirit Adept

I was thinking a short range projectile. Similar to how the dark Lizofos in Skyward Sword curses Link, it's a short lived gas that doesn't move quickly like an arrow or slingshot ammo. The further you are from the caster, the easier it is to dodge the gas. Similar to how it looks in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYfZwmfZJkc
  6. Quill

Alright, you have my vote for acceptance.
  7. Ribitta

Love it! We'll get something drafted up for you sooner rather than later.
  8. Quill

Alright, here we go. I basically just threw together everything you gave us; I don't think there were any gaps that need filling in this case. Remember that treasures are supposed to be pretty spartan, so it's alright if a description's not paragraphs upon paragraphs long. Tell me what you think, whether I left something out, whether there were any misunderstandings, etc.

`Hex
    Canon, Spell - Defense
    [Dark], [Disable]

W5: 30 rupees
    W4: 40 rupees
    W3: 60 rupees
    W2: 90 rupees
    W1: 130 rupees

Prerequisite to Obtain: Dark Affinity

The user may blast the target with a blue gaseous aura that permeates from the target if they are hit. From ten to twenty seconds, depending on the target's mental and physical capabilities, the target is completely ineffective at combat by way of disorientation, ineptitude, or just plain bad luck. Use of this spell gives anyone within view the hunch that the user has a vulnerabilitiy against light magic and enhancements. As with all dark magic spells, possessing the spell gives the owner a slight vulnerability against light magic and enhancements that increases as they learn more dark spells.
  9. Spirit Adept

Looks good to me. I have no complains or anything else for it.
  10. Ribitta

Awwwyeah. This is approved.