Grimm Lottery

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Guy, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Guy

Guy Admin admin

In case you haven't noticed, my character Gustav Grimm, through his trained Guay, has been sending out the following letters to the characters in most active role-plays:

Letter (open)
    "Greetings adventurer,

You likely do not know me, but I bear the proposition of a game--a lottery. Countless individuals across the land of Hyrule send in ten rupees each to my gambling service for a chance to win the entire pot and become rich overnight. Hundreds of rupees could be yours for such a low cost and little effort, and all you need to acquire them is a bit of luck.

If winning the Grimm Lottery interests you, please send a letter to the return address of this postcard, including at least ten (10) rupees, your birthname, and an acceptable address. When you are victorious, the reward will promptly be sent through Hyrule's prestigious postal system. Please do not worry, benevolent patron, your rupees are protected well under the regulations of the Business Scrub Association and will be refunded in full if something terrible should happen to them. A new drawing is taken place on the 10th of every month. If you're interested in participating, make sure you have at least one new entry sent every before the next drawing date.

Should you ever pass through Castle-Town, you are more than welcome to see where Grimm Lottery is taken place: the glorious Grimm Emporium in the merchant district outside the castle. Our other services include the buying and selling of goods of all sorts at fair prices, and handing out loans at reasonable rates.

Thank you for you time and consideration," signed, "Gustav Grimm, Business Scrub Association." A small Deku insignia has been stamped adjacent the signature, in red ink.

Past Lottery Results (open)
    Participants signed up for April 10th:
    - Lucia (Doc Genz): 10 rupees
    - Olias Storm (WillowtheWhisp): 10 rupees
    - Talshin Koor (MaskMaster): 10 rupees
    - Ruby Devilheart (Guy): 10 rupees

Winner: Olias Storm

Pot: 36 rupees

Participants signed up for May 10th:
    - Ruby Devilheart (Guy): 10 rupees

Current Pot: 9 rupees

The drawings on the 10th of every month will be 90% of the total rupee pot collected from entries for that date. The remaining 10% covers Gustav's expenses for holding the lottery.

If you wish for any or all of your characters to participate, role-play the character sending in any multiple of 10 rupees (e.g., 10, 20, 30...) and a letter to Gustav Grimm in any role-play thread, then notify me of it either here or via PM. If you have already sent in some rupees, you are more than welcome to send in more for the same lottery. There is no limit to the amount of entries one individual can buy.
  2. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
  3. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Drumroll, please.

And the winner is... (open)
    Olias Storm!
    A.k.a. WillowtheWhisp's character.

The lucky individual will receive their 36 rupee prize personally sent by Dirk the Guay as soon as Gustav is able to send him out. Thank you for participating, and good luck to all of you in future lotteries~!

Oh. And I've decided the lottery will be a monthly thing, held on only the tenth of every month. Hopefully that will allow for more participants and more tickets sent in, making the next prize much grander.