Greets!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by Oreknar, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Oreknar

Oreknar New Member new

'lo from me!
    Having recently completed Twilight Princess, I'm very much in the mood for some Zelda roleplay and cannot wait to share my crazy old Deku sorcerer, my boisterous Goron warrior, my stoic Zora knight and my Human Innkeeper with you guys!

In terms of RP experience, I've been a World of Warcraft RPer for the past 6 years and I've played a few play-by-post RPs before, foremostly Warhammer 40,000 ones. I also hear-tell you're associated with a Pokemon RP which would also peak my interest as I never really grew out of those games! XD

Anyway, hope to see more of you guys in the future! =)
  2. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Hey Oreknar!

I spent a number of year in WoW RP as well. What server(s) were you on? Looking forward to seeing more from you O: Let us know if you have questions and stuff, of course.
  3. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Hi Oreknar! I'm Double, another member here (Obviously). Welcome to HC! Hope you enjoy it here!

By the way, the pokemon RP has been dead for a while. I'd love to get people posting in it again though, it was really fun. Maybe if we pester the other members here enough... :P
  4. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Hiya Oreknar! Welcome aboard; it's great to have you! I never really left the Nintendo realm, meself. If you have any questions getting started, please, don't hesitate to either post here or shoot me a PM. I can't wait to RP with you!
  5. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Hey! Good to see you here :] I, too, am curious as to which server you were on, because I also played WoW. Wyrmrest Accord :3

And yes, unfortunately the Pokemon RP is currently dead-but that can always change.
  6. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Welcome, Oreknar. Nice avatar.
  7. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Heyo!
    I'm Eternis, as you can see to the left, and I'm looking forward to RPing with you as well!
    I'm somewhat chaotic in my train of thought, so please excuse any particular erratic behaviour, but it's nice to have you with us!
    Also, nice innkeeper idea!
  8. Oreknar

Oreknar New Member new

It was nice to be so warmly greeted by you all! =)
    I'm going to wait for the Library of Treasures to be fixed before I really start posting on here as that was the major aspect of this RP I couldn't entirely wrap my head around so I thought "Best not mess with it while it's broken." Especially as there may be a few items and spells I want to add!

I play on Argent Dawn EU Roleplaying realm =) It's a good community there. Certainly a big one! =D

It's a shame to hear the Pokemon RP is a little dead. I'd be happy to join you all though if some of you fancy maybe firing it up from scratch sometime? There's always a great feeling in that universe with setting out with your first and only critter.

EDIT: Oh, I'd also like to show off and indeed offer up my free services at this early point.

Foremostly, I am a composer who has recently gotten back in to the swing of it all.
    http://youtu.be/OGogh6mEsrs
    The orchestral Mario medley in this video is my latest work and took me about 4 days over a four week period to complete (Due to my very expensive, high quality software currently being at my friend/old bosses' house). Once this set-up is shifted to my own home though, I'd openly like to offer my services to any who'd like them for any real reason.

My second love is for cartography and structural design and such (The Sims consumed my life! D=) so if anyone would like any dungeon or world maps worked on, I would -LOVE- to do them! I have a little experience on Photoshop and a good eye for colour and contrast (for example, I made my logo myself using vectors, textures, glows and strokes).

Peace! =D
  9. Quill

I can see where you're coming from with that. However, the Library is a long-term project. We're pretty sure they'll look similar when we're finished, and waiting for it to be done to start RP'ing with us would make us sad. I look forward to seeing your contributions to it, when we're finished! :)

If there was something confusing, I can help explain. Is there anything you had questions on; even a vague "this system" is enough to get me going on explanations.

The idea of reviving the Pokemon RP is a nice one. If you and a few other members want to get it going, we can certainly help out with that.

MUSIC! Quill likes music! I can't click it where I am atm, but I'd be happy to listen to your stuff once I get the chance. :)
  10. Oreknar

Oreknar New Member new

Grand and aye, I suppose 'this system' does confuse me.
    I get it for the most part!
    I understand the C/W/P division.
    I just understand how spells and techniques are used just what treasure we're allowed and how much it costs etc. etc., ya know?
  11. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Wow. That was awesome Oreknar. I wish I could do that. :tpr:

Also for being official and stuff, even though I already said it, welcome to HC.
  12. Quill

So, you're wondering what treasures you're allowed to have and how much they cost?

If you can afford a treasure, and if you meet its stated prerequisites, you can buy it. For an example of stated prerequisites, the treasure "Banish" says that you need to own the treasure "Dark Affinity" to obtain it. So, ya, you'd need to buy "Dark Affinity" first.

I'll use the Command Melody as an example of how pricing works.

You said you understood the P/W/C system. This is where it's important. Your P/W/C score determines how many rupees you'll have to pay to buy a treasure. In this case, Courage is the important virtue. If you had a Courage score of 2, you'd have to pay 120 rupees to obtain the Command Melody. However, if your Courage score was 5, you'd only need 45 rupees to get it.

Here's how the actual obtaining of treasures works:

The Quests and Character Creation threads go into it, if you're looking for more info.

Does that help? Any other questions?
  13. Oreknar

Oreknar New Member new

That was a great help Quill thanks! :happy: However, I'm still confused as to where I can actually find a complete list of the available treasures in this game since the only place I'd think to look is in the Library of Treasures which is currently unavailable until early May.

Also, how do you actually go about earning Rupees? I assume it's a reward for activity?

And thanks Ultra5! =D Looking back, I worded my last post like such an egomaniac! :ouch: It was late, that's my excuse! :yomp:
  14. Eternis

Eternis Page of Time reg

Nah, that's just the higher-level button.
    ...Shiny button...
    Anyway, the library of treasures can be accessed from the Board Index(->Character creation, I think), and it's up to date.
    You earn rupees by completing Quests and Classic dungeons, and through some "events" that Ribs, Bit, and the other Mods think up, as well as each character starting with a certain amount of rupees based on honour (some races give bonuses).
    Also, HELLO COMPOSER FELLOW!
    I am attempting to learn to compose, as well as being an above-average singer (Can be a tenor, can be a baritone, just don't stretch too far in either direction), and I'd love to collaborate with you!
    Eternis Out!
    ...Man, that was so cheesy...
  15. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Right now you can access all of our Treasures through this thread. For earning rupees, basically you get awarded them when you complete quests (most roleplays). Your character can choose to spend those rupees when they get them, or they can save them for larger purchases, and so on. It's all explained pretty well in the thread Quill linked but the system can still be pretty confusing. If you have specific questions, don't hesitate to ask O:
  16. Oreknar

Oreknar New Member new

Thanks for the help everyone! =) I'll be sure to post up very soon!
  17. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

(late) Welcome! Have an awesome time here and I can't wait to see you RPing!