Greetings, I'm new here.

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by Kienamaru, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Kienamaru

Kienamaru New Member new

Hey all, I was referred to this site by Quill. I'm new and stuff, and yeah, I've never roleplayed publicly so... it'll be a new experience for me if I can find something interesting. Hope to enjoy my time here. I'm finding the site really confusing so far...
  2. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    Howdy and welcome to HC. I'm Ultra5 or U5 either one works. I'm no Staff member, but if you'd like I'd be happy to help with anything I can. May your time here be enjoyable and long lived.
    -Ultra5
  3. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Welcome aboard! Thanks for giving us a look. Don't worry, I'll help you through any confusions that may come up.

There are really only three posts that need to be read in order to understand the site. The first is the History of Hyrule. You can find that by pressing the fancy Lore button near the top left of the page. The most important read is the big banner entitled, "From Dawn to Darkness." That's the general history of Hyrule. All of the other links you'll see are place-specific; a short blurb for Ikana, Darunia, Windfall, etc. While they are important, you don't have to read them now. Instead, you're free to read them whenever they become important.

Instead of overloading you with stuff and going "well, any questions on all that?" I'm going to stop there for now. Is there anything in that that you'd like to go over, before we move on?

Again, it's great to have you here, and I can't wait to begin RPing with you! :)
  4. Kienamaru

Kienamaru New Member new

Well I spent somewhere around 4 hours on my character, just figuring out the Rupee system was harder than learning to play DnD. I was wondering about Professions and whatnot, like I wanted my character to have a certain item because of his job, but the item creations are only open at the beginning of the month it seems. Aside of that I wanted to make him a Sheikah, but saw that it wasn't a race, even though they are mentioned to not be Hylians. Also wondered why there were no half hylian/half gerudo races (it could be from run away gerudo's or outcasts etc. As a matter of fact, I did Zelda research a long time ago and there was a lot of interesting things that could be implemented here. I'm not sure if it should be here or not but yeah, I still have the stuff. I'll post it for what wasn't mentioned.
  5. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Hi! Welcome to HC! I'm Double! Hope you enjoy your time here!

Also, the site can be a bit confusing at first, but once you get used to it it's easy. The mods (Of which I am not a part of) can help you with that kind of stuff until you feel like you're used to things though.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that us non mod people can help too. Hope I didn't sound like I was saying don't ask me for help before. XD
  6. Kienamaru

Kienamaru New Member new

Cool then, I'm gonna PM you some questions.
  7. adad64

adad64 Admin admin

Also people are usually on the cbox, you can ask there. Welcome to HC :)
  8. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Welcome! Glad to see you here. Hopefully my answers in your Races thread in the Suggestion Bin helped some. As for your question regarding Gerudo/Hylian mixes, note that (almost) all Gerudo are female, and even if they procreate with a Hylian male, they -exclusively- give birth to females that are entirely Gerudo. The only exception to this rule is in the case of the birth of a Gerudo Male, which is related to the current site plot. Do note that only Gerudo females are available for player use.
  9. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Sorry, been on a trip to the icy northlands of Canadia. Those polar bears don't like sharing computer time :P

Before I explain, I should check. Have you read both the Character Creation Information thread and the Quests thread? If you still have questions, that's perfectly alright, but I'd like to know what I can work off of before I start explaining things.