Great Bay Temple [Quill!]

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by AnimeLuxray25, Mar 29, 2013.

1. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

Amayla took hold of Marcus' hand and let him help her get out the boat. "This is it? This is the Great Bay Temple?" Amayla asked, scanning her surroundings. Everything looked all wet and drippy. The walls were covered in algae. "Gee, I expected to look more like a clean palace of something. This looks like a place where things come to die. I doubt this temple has what I'm lookin for." She stroked her head and sighed.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

"Gross," Loft said, shuddering. He ran a finger along the wall and moaned when it came back coated in green. "Yuck!" He waved his hand around, sending drops of green flying everywhere.

Marcus walked over to the door and opened it, gesturing for the other boy to go through first. "Don't let its appearance deceive you," he said, "there could still be treasures within." He paused and gave her a look. "Are you sure you want to come with? There's something evil inside; it won't be safe."
  3. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

"Pffft, I'm not scared of evil. I am evil. There's no way I'm waiting out here while you two get all the goodies. And I know how to protect myself." Amayla made her decision final by marching right through the door Marcus opened. "Ha, this isn't so bad." She chuckled, trying to ignore the fact that she had just stepped in something really gooey and gross. "So where's that evil you were talking about? Heh, heh..."
  4. Quill

[[Hey, if we're going to finish this before I leave, we should probably make this a really simple dungeon. I'm thinking 2, 3 rooms before the boss?]]

Marcus frowned. Was this typical teenage angst reflecting in her words, or was she being literal? His thoughts were interrupted by a loud squeal behind him. He turned to see Loft waving his hand around wildly, sending flecks of green flying everywhere. Evidently, he'd ran his finger through the muck on the wall, and judging from his spitting and hacking, he'd stuck that finger into his mouth. How disgusting- Marcus shuddered.

He stepped through the door and pointed. "There's some." A pool of water stretched from one side of the room to the other, broken only by a thin walkway leading straight through it. Opposite the pool stood another door, but hanging from the ceiling above the walkway was a pack of Bio Deku Baba. In the water, long fins protruded ominously from the pool's murky depths. "I don't suppose you have a ranged weapon on you," Marcus said dryly.
  5. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

[[Sounds good to me. I think like 2 rooms is enough.]]

"I don't suppose you have a ranged weapon on you." Marcus said. The girl had never taken in interest in any weapons; she taught herself how to fight with her fists, after all.
    "Umm, unless you count fists and feet, then, no." Amayla answered. "What about you and Loft? Got any sort of cool weapon on ya?" Amayla stared at the nasty-looking fins in the water uneasily. Whatever creature owned those fins had to be hideous. "Who said we need a real weapon anyway? I bet I could take em with my bare hands!" The thief grumbled, folding her arms defiantly.
  6. Quill

"Let's avoid that, if we can," Marcus said. "Loft, do you still have those throwing knives?"

"Yup!" Loft answered, skipping forward.

"Could you-"

"No," the thief said, dancing forward to the Bio Deku Babas. "That's boring, Marcus- I'm going to use this instead." He pulled out a golden candle base and held it out to the snapping plants, who were trying to take a big bite out of the insane childish idiot. With a burst of concentration, he sent out a plume of flames to the nearest plant. They caught on fire, burned, and fell to the ground. "Yum," he said happily, "too bad we can't eat them. C'mon, let's go."
  7. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

Amayla chuckled and followed Loft in a fast trot, skipping over the lifeless bodies of the carnivorous plants. "'Kay!~" She chirped. She wondered when they would begin seeing treasure, after all, that was the only reason she joined them. She wanted to get rich already! She kept a sharp eye for out any treasure chests or anything that could lead her to one. Treasure! It was quickly becoming her favorite word. Amayla gleefully sounded it out in her mind. "Trehhhshurrrr..." The poor thief didn't realize she was making weird faces with it.
  8. Quill

Loft reached for the door, but before he could touch it, it slammed shut. A sharp intake of breath from Marcus made him turn round. What he saw made his jaw drop. The fins that he had seen swimming around in the water had left their aquatic abode, apparently deciding that the air made for better hunting ground than the water. Four skeletal fish were moving through the water towards them, their red eyes glowing ominously as their boney teeth moved up and down, up and down.

"Aw, crud," Loft said. "We can't eat those."
  9. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

"Wait, we're looking for something to eat too--" Amayla twirled around to see a pack of bony fish dashing through the water in their direction. "The hell are THOSE things?" She shouted, scurrying back. "They're coming right for us! One of you, do something! I don't have any cool weapons like the two of you!"
  10. Quill

Marcus stepped in front of her, swiping his hand through the air. One of the skeletal enemies bounced off the reflective blue barrier he'd just created, sending it swimming through the air in the opposite direction. "Loft, could you?"

Loft nodded and began to swipe his dagger at the fish. He turned and tossed a golden candle base at Marcus. "Here," he said, "use this." He sliced one spine in two, and the ruined Desbreko fell to the ground. Marcus shot a plume of flame at another, and it too fell to the ground. They made quick work of the remaining fish, and when the last of the Desbreko fell, the door opened.

A wooden chest materialized beside it. "Ooh," Loft said, taking his candle back from Marcus, "look at that!"
  11. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

"T-T-Treasure!" Amayla shrieked, gleefully running over to the chest. With her hands, she made a desperate attempt at prying it open. "C'mon, come to mama already!" Finally, it slung open with great speed, and Amayla sighed in relief. "Hahaha I'm rich!" She cackled as she dug her hands into the chest and pulled out something completely different from what she was expecting. "...wait, huh...?" The thief found herself holding a little silver key. "What?! No! This can't be! We fought off all those fish guys for a freaking key?" She made a whimpering sound before curling into a ball on the floor.

"Why do the goddesses hate me?"
  12. Quill

[[First RP post, woo!]]

Loft laughed and skipped past the human ball. "Dunno," he said, shrugging as he passed her, "maybe they don't like your hair?" He stopped and tilted his head, looking sideways at her head. "I like your hair, though," he said, "so I dunno why they wouldn't but they're Goddesses so who knows maybe they have different fashions or something up, up," he waved his hand idly towards the ceiling, "up there. Dunno."

While Loft rambled, Marcus was crossing towards the newly opened door. "It'll come in handy later," he said, "come on."