Goron/Zora Tunic

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Blonde Panther, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    I know TC is closed this month, but I've been wondering this for a while. This may have been asked before.

With the new Crafting, and the rise of the cloth materials, should the Goron and Zora Tunic treasures and treasures like them be revised to be made into cloth materials?
  2. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

I don't think so. The Goron and Zora Tunics provide multiple benefits, heat resistance and full coverage fire resistance for the Goron Tunic, and waterbreathing and full coverage ice resistance for the Zora Tunic. Turning them into cloth materials would cause overlap with two particular cloth [Material] treasures that are already in place.
  3. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    I am aware of this, although as I recall, the Material treasures you speak of only offer protection against natural occurrences of their respective extreme temperatures. I don't think they protect against magic of the appropriate element, which I believe the Goron Tunic does do.

Additionally, I don't believe the Zora Tunic is in charge of Cold Resistance- The Frost's Cape, a treasure I made well over a year ago, does that, precisely BECAUSE the Zora Tunic doesn't.
  4. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

Furthermore, there is no mention of the treasure you speak of in the LoT at current. It may be that the two treasures were merged together at some point. When, I cannot say; before my promotion, I surmise.

As for the Elemental Weave Cloth, they do not transfer their resistances to other things--they are immune to the natural occurrences, but they do not make the wearer immune, whereas the Goron and Zora Tunics apply their resistances to the entirety of the wearer. This may provide them with alternative uses than just clothing, such as tents or bundles for travel.
  5. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    You're correct, there isn't. I've tried to submit it twice in the past (Once when I placed it in the discussion thread for approval, a second time when a mod specifically PMed me for it) and for some reason it has still not been added to the library. I'd like some clarification on this as much as the next person.

More on-topic, I swear I did not recall the frost protection for the Zora Tunic. Welp.

Note: Hilariously I can't seem to find the discussion thread I spoke of at present. I'll come back and edit this post with a link once I DO find it- I know this treasure exists. I'm not crazy, dammit!

Edit: Bloody finally. This is why I don't do these things at 2 AM.
  6. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

I'm going to have to pull the plug on this for the meantime. I know you mean well, BP, but to us, this kind of thing is basically like TC in another forum. We closed TC to give us the ability to concentrate fully on the Library, and this, while relatively harmless, means that we'd have to respond to similar threads. Sorry, but it's best to wait until next TC.
  7. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Okay. Go ahead and lock this, then.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.