Going to Play Through Skyward Sword for the First Time

Discussion in 'Zelda Discussion' started by Bitoko, May 8, 2013.

1. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

So yeah. I bought Skyward Sword over a year ago, however I only got to the sand temple. I've decided that I really need to play this game, even though I've really wanted to for a while, I just haven't for some reason yet. I don't know why I stopped playing either, it was a lot of fun.

So I decided that I'd keep this thread and update it with my impressions of the game. Is there anyone else that hasn't played it yet?
  2. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Played quite a bit of it, never beat it.
  3. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

I love Skyward Sword. That is all. Play it, beat it, love it.
  4. maythetriforcebewithyou

maythetriforcebewithyou New Member new

Skyward Sword was alright in my eyes. I felt like it held my hand all the way through the game. There were a lot of things about it that I didn't like. I also found that Demise was the easiest final boss to beat out of the entire series.
  5. Quill

Gaah! He hasn't played SS yet, no spoilez XD

My suggestion to you is go Hero Mode shield-less, or even just normal shield-less :P
  6. maythetriforcebewithyou

Whoops, I won't go into anymore detail about what I didn't like!
  7. Quill

lol. It'd be an interesting thread to discuss the pros and cons of SS, we'd just need to put *SPOILER WARNING* at the top or something so poor innocent Tokos don't get things ruined c:
  8. maythetriforcebewithyou

9. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

You still haven't beaten this game yet, Toko? ._.
  10. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

I know, its a shame, isn't it? I own a Zelda site and I've never beaten SS.

And to Andee and Quill, I already knew about Demise, so no worries there.
  11. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

So... DOUBLE POST! Woo. I'm Toko, I do what I want.

Lol, anyway, I played Skyward Sword for about three hours last night. My save file was in the Laynuru Mining Facility, mid dungeon, so I was like... wtf is going on. I was so lost for a minute, but I figured it out. It was actually kind of cool, as a side note, to be thrown in to the middle of a dungeon not remembering what you had done or where you had been and just figuring it out. It was like a giant puzzle, more so than the dungeons usually are.

Anyway, I decided to not start over because I had already invested like 14 hours into it, so I didn't want to do that all again. I ended up finishing the Mining Facility, then went on to that giant pit monster thing.

While playing, I was reminded how much I love the charm of this game. I LOVE the bazaar, and all of the detail in the characters. I just love the way that the guy who sells the shields and stuff acts all energetic and excited, but when you walk away he turns his back, slouches, and sighs. I love stuff like this in Zelda games, its why Majora's Mask is my favorite Zelda game, because you get to interact with the town so much, and due to the time structure, it feels real because the townsfolk have actual "lives" and schedules that you can begin to memorize. Its just so cool, I really love the detail of the village folk in Zelda games, and Skyward Sword has this charm. I love it.

Anyway, it's been great to far, so I'm excited to continue it tonight!
  12. adad64

adad64 Admin admin

It's about time! I think I'll play through hero-mode. Haven't done that yet :) And I like MM for that reason as well. Skyloft was very alive in this game. Lots of interesting sidequests and fleshed out characters.
  13. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

A shame it was so fucking tiny and there were no other settlements to explore. I feel gypped on the whole "It's like the Great Sea!" claim the game promotions made of the sky regions, because the Great Sea had way more to offer.
  14. Tanto

Tanto New Member new

Yea I agree about the sky region there. The great sea had just about the right balance of empty space and landmarks (not that it didn't have is frustrating moments). When I played skyward sword for the first time I remember being disappointed because any time I'd go and explore areas in the sky I hadn't been to I either found benign floating rocks that you couldn't even land on our something that didn't seem an adopt reward for the time it took to explore.
    Not to put a downer on it totally though, I got quite addicted to sky diving and quite often pointlessly flew as high as I could over my landing spot just to dive down.