Glow Seed

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Spirit Adept, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Spirit Adept

Spirit Adept New Member reg

Name: Glow Seeds

P/W/C Type: None

Appearance: Small star shaped seed that glows a faint green glow.

Description of Function: Bursts into shimmering powder upon being thrown or launched at something. Weakens dark magic users.

Limitations: Single use

Description (open)
    Glow Seeds are named after their curious habit of emitting faint light through their green shells. When broken open, they release a brightly glowing powder that clings to the general area of its release. This can have many uses from lighting up a particular area or object to marking an enemy to make them easier to track or hit. The powder remains potent for several minutes after release, at which point it turns into harmless dust.

If the dust is used to coat a dark magic user, the glowing dust interferes with their magical abilities and makes them more vulnerable to magical attacks. When used in this way, the dust only remains potent for up to half a minute.

Extra Stuff (open)
    Because they are related and remarkably similar, I thought I'd also add here the idea for a seed supply for this seed.

Name: Glow Seed Supply

P/W/C Type: Courage

Appearance: None

Description of Function: Gives the user effectively an endless supply of Glow Seeds.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

My initial, preliminary impression of this is that this is good. I was a little leery of something so specifically aimed at Dark Magic-users, but the 'sends glowing dust bursting around the area that sticks to everything it touches' part definitely helps. We may / may not end of strengthening that effect to make it more central / wantable by most people, but other than that this looks pretty good so far.
  3. Spirit Adept

My intention with this was to create a sort of utility seed that just so happens to be offensively useful against dark magic users. At the moment however, I'm drawing a blank as to how to strengthen the effect, did you have anything in mind to add to it?
  4. Quill

Well, I think we can strengthen the "clinging" to "really sticky." This would be pretty useful if people couldn't brush it off before it dissolved into dust.
  5. Spirit Adept

Good point, I'll make the change right away.

Name: Glow Seeds

P/W/C Type: None

Appearance: Small star shaped seed that glows a faint green glow.

Description of Function: Bursts into shimmering powder upon being thrown or launched at something that sticks to everything it touches. Very difficult to remove due to the stickiness. Weakens dark magic users.

Limitations: Single use

Description (open)
    Glow Seeds are named after their curious habit of emitting faint light through their green shells. When broken open, they release a brightly glowing powder that sticks to the general area of its release. This can have many uses from lighting up a particular area or object to marking an enemy to make them easier to track or hit. Because the powder is so sticky, removing it by hand is an exercise in futility. The powder remains potent for several minutes after release, at which point it turns into harmless dust.

If the dust is used to coat a dark magic user, the glowing dust interferes with their magical abilities and makes them more vulnerable to magical attacks. When used in this way, the dust only remains potent for up to half a minute.
  6. Quill

Looks good to me.
  7. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

To me as well.

2/2
  8. Quill

Would you like this to be a stock treasure, individual seeds, or both?
  9. Spirit Adept

I would suggest both, since I don't think it'd be overpowering to have an infinite supply of glow seeds.
  10. Quill

How's dis?

`Glow Seed
    Original: Spirit Adept, Magic Tier - Utility
    [Light], [Seed], [Single-Use]

5 rupees per nut

Glow Seeds are named after their curious habit of emitting faint light through their green, star-shaped shells. When broken open, they release a brightly glowing powder that clings to the general area of its release. This can have many uses, such as lighting up the vicinity to marking an enemy to make him more easy to track or hit. The powder remains potent for several minutes after release, at which point it turns into harmless dust.

If the dust is used to coat a dark magic user, the glowing dust interferes with their magical abilities and makes them more vulnerable to magical attacks. This effect is only potent for about half a minute. This item is single-use, and will be consumed upon detonation; however, the Glow Seed Supply treasure supplies an effectively infinite amount.

---
    I was thinking that I could just combine these two together to save space, but w/e.
    ---

`Glow Seed Supply
    Original: Spirit Adept, Magic Tier - Utility
    [Light], [Seed], [Supply]

W5: 20 rupees
    W4: 30 rupees
    W3: 45 rupees
    W2: 60 rupees
    W1: 70 rupees

Glow Seeds are named after their curious habit of emitting faint light through their green, star-shaped shells. When broken open, they release a brightly glowing powder that clings to the general area of its release. This can have many uses, such as lighting up the vicinity to marking an enemy to make him more easy to track or hit. The powder remains potent for several minutes after release, at which point it turns into harmless dust.

If the dust is used to coat a dark magic user, the glowing dust interferes with their magical abilities and makes them more vulnerable to magical attacks. This effect is only potent for about half a minute. This item grants an effectively limitless supply of Glow Seeds that need not be replenished.
  11. Spirit Adept

Both look good to me.