Getting a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 with 4G

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bitoko, May 21, 2013.

1. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

So yeah, I'm really excited about this. I will be ordering myself a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 this weekend, and I will have mobile broadband with it. This is going to be fantastic, because staring June 7th I'll be going on a very long road trip.

Does anyone else have an android tablet? Any suggestions on cool apps? I've never had a smartphone or tablet before, so I'm pretty excited and appreciate any and all suggestions. Tell me why you like the app your suggesting too.
  2. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    I don't have a tablet, but my smartphone runs on Android. However, I'm not sure if my personal favorite non-game app, SoundHound, is even compatible with tablets, and if it is it's probably a lot more convenient on a smartphone.

It's an app that 'listens' to a song (on the radio, hummed, or sung) and gives you the title, artist, and year of production, as well as links to youtube videos and lyrics. As a fervent listener and downloader of music, it's an almost mandatory download for me.

EDIT: Oh, and this is a bit of a no-brainer, if not default on mobile devices these days, but you did say you've never had a smartphone or tablet before... I recommend Dropbox. Install it on your tablet, your laptop/pc, anything where you have files you want to backup. Anything saved to your Dropbox account gets uploaded into the cloud, from where you can access it on whatever device you have the app on. I personally mostly use it to put single music tracks on my phone, but I should really get into the habit of putting my writing stuff into it, too.