Generic introductory thread

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by Blind Sniper, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Blind Sniper

Blind Sniper New Member new

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. Through the use of otherworldly powers derived from sources I am loathe to reveal, I have stumbled upon your fine website, and I must say, I am fairly intrigued by what you have going on.

By that I mean I saw it advertised on Zelda Power. Hi Quill~

I'll have to admit, the rules and regulations for RP here are a little...out of my comfort zone, to say the least, but it seems interesting, and I can see myself getting hooked if I play my cards right.

Anyway, I guess I should tell everyone a little about myself. I am 21 years old, I work as an ASM in retail, and I hail from a distant, strange land that some of you may know by the name of Alabama. My principle interests include art and RP, games and movies, et al. My ultimate goal in life is to become an independent game developer and make a name for myself through the creation of quality entertainment. That said, I plan on going to school to become either a nurse or a teacher. I haven't decided on which due to a number of factors, predominately laziness.

I hope to see y'all around. Don't be a stranger!
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

*generic introductory response

I would say I recognize your avatar but that may be creepy so
    Hi there!

Wow. I can already tell that you're a great writer just by how you wrote your introduction. I cannot wait to RP with you! If you have any questions on anything at all, please feel free to ask them here. Anything right off the bat you'd like to ask?
  3. Blind Sniper

Now that you mention it, there is.

Normally when I RP, it's exclusively story-driven - no rupees or treasure, etc., just storytelling. I did a little exploring, but I couldn't find anything that directly stated whether or not story-driven RP was condoned or not. Is it something we as members are allowed to participate in, or is it discouraged?
  4. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

It's not just allowed, it's encouraged. Apart from the standard, personal plotlines every character has, we have an overarching plotline that members are encouraged to participate in.

I'll let Ribitta explain that in more detail, though; he's the one who's in charge of the plot. He'd be able to give you the most accurate information on that. Anything else in the meantime?
  5. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Hey Blind Sniper! Welcome to Hyrule Castle, I'm Bitoko the Admin and I'm glad you joined! If you have any RP buddies or other friends you want to bring along that would be awesome so feel free to!

Also, if you don't want to use the treasures and the rupees systems you absolutely don't have to, those are completely optional so don't feel pressured into them. You are free to RP with personal plot agenda's being your sole focus to your hearts content.
  6. Marvelous TK

Marvelous TK New Member new

Dude, not cool, you can't just drop that on me like that with a non-ZP name, made me go jumping through hoops to figure out who exactly you were. Don't scare me like that, man. (Tell me you haven't had that avatar long, it'd be embarrassing if I missed such a big clue like that.) But hey, another ZPer showed up! I'm... surprised! Pleased though. Kinda thought... no one else on ZeldaPower had any interest in RPing at all any more. /.-.\
  7. Blind Sniper

Heh, my interest in RP hasn't waned, I've just never had the opportunity here lately to partake in my little hobby. At any rate, I now have confirmation that you are indeed the TK I know. I saw your name floating around earlier and couldn't for the life of me determine if you were.
  8. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Heya!

It's really good to have you around here, and I hope that, despite premonitions, HC snags your interest. I definitely know what you mean, about wanting to focus less on the treasures or items and focus more on the story; that was actually my exact same reaction when I found out about the HC system. It's grown on me a bit since then, but it's not for everyone and (like everyone's said so far) certainly not required. Ultimately I ended up just finding a niche little thing to pursue that worked nicely into my story, so I'm sure you can find something that works

But besides that we do have an active storyline (though I've quieted it down recently due to its size) as well as our original history, geography, and so on. It can be a bit of a read, but hey, it's not too shabby. At the end of the day, though, if you want HC to be simple and straight forward it can be, all bells and whistles aside.

Hearing someone talk passionately about story-driven roleplay just makes me all sorts of excited, so I can't wait to see more from you.