"General error"

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by AnimeLuxray25, Mar 23, 2013.

1. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

I've been trying to post my Pokésona's bio on this thread for the past ten minutes now, but I keep getting a "General Error" whenever I try to. Can someone help me? I don't know why it won't let me
  2. Ultra5

Ultra5 Top hat Goomy reg

3DS Friend Code:
    1891-1711-9337
    That happens a lot sometimes. I just keep trying until it lets me. This has actually been brought up many times. If that helps any.
    -Ultra5
  3. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

I haven't had this happen to me, unless you're talking about the thing where you push submit but you stay in the posting-page and the error line's right above the text box. If that's it, then just hit submit again and it'll go through. If it's something else, then I'm clueless.
  4. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

Aw man. I see.
  5. Quill

Well, I suppose you could try a different way of posting. If you click the "post reply" button to make a post, try using the "quick reply" box at the bottom of the page. If you generally use that, try clicking the "post reply" button. See if that helps.
  6. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

It didn't work. Dang.
  7. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

Could you take a screen shot of what happens for me? I'll see if I can get this fixed. :)
  8. AnimeLuxray25

AnimeLuxray25 Member new

It stopped now. But when it happens next time I'll show up
  9. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

The only general errors I've seen are when you tell certain sections to mark all as read. The function WORKS, but it still pops up with the General Error page.
  10. adad64

adad64 Admin admin

So are people having problems? I haven't seen any general error pages, if you do let me know specifics and I'll try to figure out what's wrong :)
  11. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

So you know Lux, Adad is our resident coder and problem fixer haha.
  12. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    As a question, Adad, sometimes it happens that I submit a post and I'm presented with the Post Reply screen, with the red text saying "the submitted form was invalid, please try again." It's not very hindersome, since it doesn't eat my post and it's all good when I just hit submit again, but I'm curious to why it does this.

This most commonly happens if I've shut Firefox and my laptop overnight and posted in the morning, but recently it seems to happen at random (maybe my laptop had entered sleep mode, I don't remember).
  13. Quill

^ That's what usually happens to me. If I had to get hit with any errors, I'd like it to be this one- it's really friendly, like BP said.
  14. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

I think it's just a timeout error.
  15. adad64

adad64 Admin admin

Hm. Sounds like it's probably just a session timing out before you press submit. That should fix on refresh which it's sounding like it is. I'll see if I can find a way to make those last a bit longer.
  16. Quill

If you can, Adad, that's cool, but don't go stressing about it. It doesn't do any harm, so it's not really worth worrying about very much.
  17. adad64

adad64 Admin admin

I switched maximum form time in the ACP to -1, disabling that rather useless security measure. It didn't log people out right? That could be the session expiring if so, otherwise you shouldn't ever have that problem again. If you do let me know, and I'll look into it.
  18. Quill

You're awesome, Adad : D
  19. adad64

adad64 Admin admin

Why thank you, I like to think so ;)
    ...I should really start RPing around here more.
  20. Quill

doooo it! Have things calmed down for you, then? It'd be awesome to have you RP'ing with us again! :)