Game of Thrones

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maythetriforcebewithyou, May 12, 2013.

1. maythetriforcebewithyou

maythetriforcebewithyou New Member new

Anyone out there a Game of Thrones fan?!
  2. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    I'm up to date on all of the TV show episodes, but have yet to touch the books. Everyone keeps telling me I should read them, but at the same time, I get the feeling if I start them now, I'll end up liking the show more anyways. Also, the Game of Thrones wiki fills me in pretty well on all the details I miss from the books, haha.

But yes, Game of Thrones is pretty sweet... And kind of awkward to watch with the parents >.>
  3. maythetriforcebewithyou

I don't have HBO so I haven't been able to catch up this season. I've seen the first 2 episodes of season 3, I just haven't had a chance to download the others.

I've heard that the books can be very confusing, but I might give them a shot this summer!

Luckily my parents don't watch GoT, but even watching it with my brother can be a bit awkward. I can't wait for them to kill Joffrey, don't say anything if they have already, I want to be surprised.

I'm gonna leave you with this funny cat video, the game is meowing the intro. It's hilarious, unless you don't like cats....still gonna leave it here for your enjoyment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Eg4SEch27w
  4. frigis

frigis New Member new

I just started the show a week or so ago. On episode 5 or 6 of the first season. It's interesting, although it is a bit awkward to watch with other people, but its also awkward to watch on your own. Its an awkward show to watch. And it seems like some of the awkward-ness is unnecessary, but oh well. I find the show enjoyable, I haven't read the books and have no idea what to expect of the show coming up. Does it only get better? I wouldn't really say I'm a fan of it yet, but it is enjoyable to watch.
  5. maythetriforcebewithyou

It gets sooo much better! (Not that is was ever bad) All the awkward scenes make the show that much funnier. You'll get used to it, trust me.
    Hopefully you will become a bigger fan, I don't know if it's just me, but I get attached to characters in any show, and then I'm always sad if they kill them or don't go in the direction I wanted them to go in.

Just keep watching, It really starts to pick up towards the end of season 1.
  6. adad64

adad64 Admin admin

I just started watching, I'm on episode 5 now. It's pretty good so far I think, though awkwardness does make it hard to use the family TV to watch. Me and a friend usually watch when the rest of my family goes off to church. I don't really get what's with the gears in the intro though :P
  7. frigis

frigis New Member new

I don't understand the gears either.
    Speaking of which we should watch another couple episodes this Sunday!
  8. maythetriforcebewithyou

I looked it up out of curiosity. The gears are meant to be reminiscent of Leonardo da Vinci's inventions.
  9. Double_r111

Double_r111 Espeon reg

Never read the books or seen the show. I plan to read them at some point though. I may revisit this thread after I get around to it.
  10. maythetriforcebewithyou

It is well worth your time, you won't regret it! The TV show is done very well, I feel like I'm watching a mini movie every episode.
  11. darklink28

darklink28 Somewhere in Hyrule reg

3DS Friend Code:
    4897-7258-9301
    I started watching this a few weeks ago and went through the entire series. It is very good! I'm wondering how close they are to catching up to the novels, and if there will be enough seasons until the series (novels) are completely finished. It's really cool that the author actually wrote the scripts for a few of the episodes. I'm curious to see how next season is paced. It may be more like season 3.5 than anything else.