Frozen Wood [Closed]

Discussion in 'Northern Hyrule' started by WillowtheWhisp, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WillowtheWhisp

WillowtheWhisp Admin admin

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    The Deku pulled the cloak around him tighter, hoping not even a flake of snow would penetrate his defenses. Yet, despite all his efforts, the chill wind buffeted against him, tore the edge of his cloak from his fists, the brown cloth fluttering in the wind behind him. A snow drift opened its maw and swallowed him for a moment, the small figure staggering under the elemental force of the blizzard. Rising up from the pile, the green-clad duke clambered out through the top of the small mound, snow slipping from him. He shivered once, twice, and again he wondered to himself why he had come.

He checked his back again, to make sure the case to his bow was still tightly shut. He could not afford to lose his priceless bow, that he had crafted with his own hands. The moisture of the snow threatened to destroy the binding glue that held the bow together. That would be disastrous, considering their goal; there were reports of a massive, furred monster living in these parts of the Northern Hills. Should his bow fall apart at the wrong time.... Dante did not want to think about what might happen. As it was, Dante was already short some of his weapons. Thorn, his pair of spiked gauntlets, were no longer with him. Since he had returned to the outside world, he had not truly found them particularly useful, and as such, he'd sold them to pay for his way from Nabooru.

The journey had been long, and the rates the innkeepers charged these days were highway robbery. Back in his day, it had only cost a few rupees for a night's stay, but apparently those days were passed. Realizing that he sounded like an old man, he chuckled to himself. Looking behind him, searching for his companion in the snow, he called out. "Guy! Any idea where we might find our quarry?"
  2. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Growling softly in response, Guy glanced towards the long, cylindrical case hanging from a leather strap on his shoulder. Within it was held their ridiculously-priced map of the region, filled with crude ink scribblings of the supposed marks causing this disaster. He pondered for a moment, trying to recall the portions he had committed to memory... wanting not to go through the hassle of drawing it out once again, much less in this atrocious weather. As if releasing his aggression on the fact he spent so much for mere parchment, the Scrub punched the case, shoving it back into the cloak from whence it came.

"Coordinates..." A glance was thrown behind him, to the trail they had passed, and another was soon slung upwards to obtain the sun's approximate position. "...Whatever," he spat towards Dante, "Just keep going north and look for something that needs to die."

Guy tried to remember the various physical descriptions he had heard of the beast, this 'Yeti' creature. The rewards for all four marks would be comparable, no doubt, but this one seemed the least threatening. It couldn't fly... it didn't have unpredictable magic.... and it sounded slower and less sharp than a mutated Wolfos.

At that thought, a chuckle came from his wooden lips, dispersing as mere mist into the frozen air... Trying to think of rupees instead of cold, Guy pulled his oversized dusty black cloak tighter over his shivering body as he and his comrade strode forth.
  3. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Dante grimaced. He would have made a rather discontented face, had that been particularly easy for a Deku. As it were, his solid face tried to contort itself into shapes it could not, resulting in Dante looking only mildly cross. "North, huh." He mumbled, lifting his legs up as high as possible, trying not to sink below the surface. "We should have bought snow shoes...." He muttered to himself. Even though his was fairly light, light enough to not simply sink into the snow entirely, making his way through the powdery dust was not easy work. Both Dante and Guy, who were light on their feet, seemed to be having an inordinate amount of difficulty. Making his way towards a large pine, Dante stopped at its base. The snow below it was significantly reduced, due to its long boughs. Taking a moments rest, he climbed up to a relatively dry limb and took a seat.

"This damned snow, Guy. It's almost as bad as all that blasted sand we dealt with, back when we were in the Gerudo Fortress. In fact, it's worse. Not only does it get into everything, it's cold, too." He said, more out of complaint, than anything. It was true though, this unnatural blizzard was both obnoxious, and large in magnitude. "If the king was right, saying that these fell creatures are somehow related to this dark blizzard, I hope we can end it soon. I'd rather not be living in a place full of this stuff." To make his point, he kicked at the snow just below him, the limb on which he sat only barely off the top of the snow.
  4. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy shuddered, remembering that desert... and those damn Gerudo. "Don't remind me of that," he chuckled, "but you're right, it's worse if we're only considering the terrain." Following example, the Scrub deftly clambered up the tree and picked a dry and sturdy branch on which to perch himself.

Once he found secure footing, he half-shouted across to Dante, trying to make his voice heard over the slowly-loudening winds. "I'm telling you. This blizzard would be so much easier for us--well, me--to traverse if I could get these boots working again." With a sigh, Guy tapped the once-golden, now-faded wings lining his non-hovering Hover Boots.

After a pause, he glanced back down the mountain. "Well... either that, or if we had Gordon. He's not sturdy enough to bare weather like this, unfortunately." A soft growl came out, cursing the snow and those causing it. "I suppose that's the only real moral reason I have for doing this--to keep the snow from spreading, as rumors say it will. I don't give much of a damn if the rest of Hyrule was frozen over except for him, 'cause I know he hasn't yet recovered enough to handle it." He ended his words with a slight scoff, realizing the one sitting across from him is just about the only one he'd admit such a thing to. Din forbid he give a shit about anyone, let alone some horse. Whatever, he thought to himself.

"Anyway," Guy broke off that train of thought and turned back to Dante. "I don't suppose you have any ideas about these boots, huh?"
  5. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Dante was slightly taken aback with Guy's display of passionate - for him anyways - emotion. Dante smiled inwardly, but decided not to press it; knowing Guy, he'd probably take offense, if Dante even suggested that his counterpart was anything less than "manly". Outward displays of emotions were, of course, not very manly. Dante hid his chuckle with a bought of coughing, the steam from his mouth quickly forming a small cloud and drifting away. Once he was done with his fit, he shrugged and looked at Guy. "I haven't a clue. None of the artifacts that I possessed have started working again, either. It's as if the magic simply left them. But this blizzard smells of magic, so perhaps this might lead to a something capable of restoring your Hover Boots?" He wondered aloud.

It was certainly feasible, trying to restore the magic to Guy's boots. If there were some way to infuse it with enough magic, there was a chance that it could start working again. But it was no sure bet. Not only that, but where would they find magic powerful enough for the boots? The boots had held powerful energies, the likes of which even Dante had no knowledge, nor mastery of. Had Dante lived another hundred years, perhaps he might have been able to restore them, but even then, it probably would have been temporary. No, what they needed was something incredibly powerful, if Guy's Hover Boots were to work once again. "Perhaps we should move on, then. Your boots certainly won't start working of their own accord."

Looking around, Dante tried to find their best course of action. Eyes trailing up the mountainside, which was covered in snow, and still falling snow, Dante was not able to see much. However, he saw a shadow in the distance, a dark splotch on the mountainside. It was different from the rocks that jutted from the mountain; this appeared to be an inlet, perhaps a cave. Pointing to what he saw, he called out to Guy. "Do you see that over there? That might be suitable shelter for us, as this blizzard doesn't seem to be letting up." Though it was hard to tell, it was starting to get darker. They had to find someplace in which they could stay, and soon.
  6. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"I suppose you're right." Guy's fingers ran across the underside of his wooden chin, "Even if this snowstorm is caused by spells, as the legends say, I'd have no idea how to take that kind of magic and transfer it into my boots... I suppose all they truly need is a refill to their power source... unless I'm mistaken?"

He gave a slight shrug, before standing upon the branch... and abruptly walking off the side of it to hang upside-down from the wood. From there, he strode towards the trunk and took a short stroll down its side, before wading back into the snow. An annoyed grunt came forth as his feet buried awkwardly back into the white depths... it was a sharp contrast to the nearly celestial sensation of walking on walls and ceilings. Regardless, Guy begin to make his way towards the dark spot his companion had already pointed out. A sideward glance was given towards Dante's direction, just to make sure he was coming as expected.

"I'm hoping the blizzards around these parts come and go... and they don't just continuously get worse. Otherwise, we'll be screwed."
  7. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    "I'd rather not be stuck in a cave, too, if that's what you mean." He replied dourly. As time continued on, their journey seemed to only get more grim. Still, he was determined to complete their goal. If the creature was as powerful as was thought, Dante suspected that there might be great power to be found with, or near it. He fully intended to find and posses said power, be it a strong magic or an object of some sort. That, and Dante found himself extremely curious about the state of things currently; there was clearly something moving this great blizzard across Hyrule, and Dante wanted to know who or what it was. Even if it meant trekking through miles of snow.

That did not, however, ease his extreme discomfort. Luckily, the cave was not quite as far as it had initially appeared. Not long after setting off from the tree, the two came upon the cave entrance. Dante shivered in the cold. There was something about the cave, something about the darkness within. It was as if a veil of shadows had settled in the mouth of the cave, a great gaping maw now, that beckoned to the two Deku, ready to devour them. Dante half expected an incomprehensibly large monster to rise up from the snow, and bear down upon them. Yet, the air was fraught with power. Dante's nerves tingled with electricity, as he felt the energies flowing through him. He let out a gruff sigh. "Do you feel that, Guy? There's something of great power, within this place. Something dark too, but immeasurably powerful." He breathed out quietly. Guy was not as sensitive to magic as Dante was, but there was no doubt if Guy could feel the power or not.
  8. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"Heh." He chuckled in a hushed tone, voice void of hesitance. "I told you he'd be north..."

There was no doubt in his mind now, the quarry must be somewhere in this cave. If it wasn't the Yeti, then it must have been one of the others. Preparing himself, Guy shifted about his cloak and case about to get them out of the way... exposing him to the cold somewhat, though he was better able to endure it now outside of the wind. The cloth and case merged with his mane and scarf as a jumbled mess trailing along behind him, as out of his way as it needed to be. His left arm secured the Defiance upon itself, and his right hand hovered over the hilt still sheathed at his hip.

Taking on a readied stance, Guy motioned for Dante to follow suit as he waded his way deeper into the darkness of the cave. Before long, only glowing orange eyes would pierce this artificial night... the enraged blizzard outside all but sealing up the mouth of the cave from any light.
  9. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    He drew Talon, his kukri, the fine steel of his blade hissing as it exited his scabbard. The metal of his sword glinted in the darkness as he strode into the cave, then disappeared from existence as shadows consumed Dante. Two pairs of orange eyes glowed in the dark, but that did not help to penetrate the deep, bone-chilling blackness. Dante shuddered, as momentary fear gripped his heart. This was not a natural darkness in which they stood, it was a magical shroud meant to conceal the cave from curious wanderers, thieves, and adventurers like themselves. Dante was sure of it. Concentrating, Dante felt strength well up within him, banishing the fear, bringing life back to his body. A green glow enveloped his blade, the power of wind lending him its strength. He held it up as a torch to light his way.

The light did not travel far, but Dante could now see Guy. The light seemed to be pushing away the darkness, leaving only a have sphere of light around the two Deku. Or, perhaps it was the other way around, the darkness pushing against the barrier of light. It did not matter. Dante wanted to leave this accursed shroud as quickly as possible. "I can't even see anything, in here..." He could not see past the edge of his bubble of light, only inky black swimming around them. "There's not much else I can do about this darkness. What about you?" Dante said wryly.
  10. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy gave a quizzical look towards his companion. "I'm afraid not... aside from the obvious, of course. Cover your eyes." With that said, he drew his head back for a moment, before lurching forth a Deku Nut which smashed apart into a blinding flash against the ground. What emerged from the darkness was a rather... dreary cave... aside from the fact its walls and ceilings seemed to be made of pure blackness, it was otherwise completely mundane. It even came with the mundane and predictable swarm of Keese.

Wait. "Damnit," Guy grumbled, "They're friggin' everywhere." As the bats began to glow a faint, grayish-purple in the darkness, however, it became obvious they weren't your ordinary run-of-the-mill winged nocturnal mammals.

No, these were Curse Keese--thought the Scrub as he whipped out a handful of throwing knives--one hit and you're unable to so much as attack anything for a painfully long period of time. Regardless, they were still not much of a threat. A blade flew from Guy's hand and tore through one of the little beastie's wings, sending it spiraling into the wall with a heavy thud... Not even a direct hit and it was already taken out, only proving his point further.

"They're just Keese, but don't let 'em touch you." The words were whispered as he drew another knife, keeping an ever-watchful eye upon the half-dozen violet auras still remaining.
  11. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    "In retrospect, we should have seen that coming." Dante replied dryly. And it certainly would not be easy to dispose of these Keese. There was one good thing, however. It seemed that the combined magical power of the Cursed Keese had been generating the magical darkness, and now that they had been disturbed, the curtain had fallen, now replaced by a moving wall of wings and hissing. Not much of an improvement, but Dante would take whatever he could get. Grunting, grasping his Whirlwind with his left hand, he drew it forth from its holster and aimed it at the fluttering monsters.

His sword dimmed ever so slightly, a part of the Wind Enchantment transferring to his Whirlwind. Pulling the trigger, the windmill-head of the contraption span, generating magical winds, augmented by the enchantment. A powerful burst shot forth from the device and collided with the undulating wall of enemies, gouging a hole and sending them careening into the wall. Several fell dead to the ground, and the others were left dazed and unable to properly. Dante repeated this action several times, but many keese still remained. Those remaining, now fully awake from their slumber, dived at the two, angered for being woken.

Pushing back with one foot, Dante ducked as one keese dive bombed his head, pirouetting as he crouched. His sword collided with the diving keese, catching its breast, the wound exploding into a flower of red as the wind of his enchanted blade blasted open the wound made by the sword. Sending up another blast of wind towards another keese above him, Dante completed his spin and took a step back, needing a moment to reassess the situation.
  12. Guy

Guy Admin admin

As his comrade took care of half the swarm, Guy stood off against the rest. One after another, the pests dive bombed from all sides, swooping in desperate suicidal attempts just to slash once--even with their animal instincts, they knew a single hit from even one of them could end up fatal.

The dry, solid ground of the cave now allowed the Scrub to weave between the Keese with skill. He sidestepped one, spinning about only to use that very momentum to bash his shield headlong into another, launching it into a far wall. From there he kicked off the ground and leaped back, allowing the Keese to center around where he once was, getting them all on one side of his body. He chuckled--so predictable, Keese. A flash of two knives sprung from each hand, tearing through the torsos of a pair more.

...But perhaps, as Guy would soon consider, he was being too rash in foreign territory. One Keese had remained asleep, thus its aura hidden and invisible in the darkness. That was, until the Scrub leaped back in his fancy maneuver and bashed his spine straight into the creature. He loosed a sudden yelp, but quickly spun about to slash his booted heel into the beast's hide from above, smashing the creature's body into the ground. Even though it was already slain, the sudden change of pace threw him off guard, and a lucked Keese soared in to take its clawed tail against his unguarded right bicep.

A hiss filled the air as the Scrub twinged with pain. It was but a minor wound, yet... he suddenly found himself completely unable to draw a weapon, or even able to fight. Snarling with annoyance, he evaded as best he could, rolling past Dante in the direction of the cave's mouth, bellowing, "I'm disabled!"
  13. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Dodging from left to right, Dante realized that he simply could not dodge the keese for forever. They were too many in number, and certainly far too many for him to keep track of at the same time, much less disable. Grunting as he weaved through several diving keese, several of which opened small gashes in his cloak, the Deku watched as his comrade was at first able to repel the keese, then was quickly overwhelmed by them. Even though the noise created by dozens of flapping keese threatened to drown out all sound, he was still able to make out the two words that Guy had yelled out to him. His comrade shot past him, already making his way towards the cave entrance, probably their one hope of escaping this alive.

Thinking quickly, Dante replaced his kukri in its sheath near the small of his back, the steel closing with a Shck! Pivoting on one foot and facing towards the cave entrance, Dante began to fall forward. bending his knees, as he did so, Dante waited for the precise moment at which he was nearly parallel to the ground. Aiming the Whirlwind behind him so that it was pointing slightly at the ground, Dante pushed off the cave floor while simultaneously letting out a blast of wind with his device. Translating his downward momentum into a horizontal one, Dante rocketed forward, feet dragging behind him just barely inches off the ground. Setting his feet below him once again, his legs pumping at a rate barely enough to keep up with his speed, Dante lunged at Guy, grabbing the Deku by his luxurious "hair" as he flew past. Dragging his comrade behind him, the two burst out of the mouth of the cave, sending out a flurry of snow. The keese followed shortly after, expelled from the cave and into the blizzard.
  14. Guy

Guy Admin admin

The pair of Scrubs tumbled awkwardly through the snow, their landing cushioned somewhat by the fresh layers of fluff, yet also sharpened from the harsh cold that dug at their wood. Guy rolled to a stop on his feet in time to see the harsh winds making mincemeat out of the Keese. Their fragile wings not able to cope with such potent gusts of frigid air. The miniature monsters bashed into one another, some plummeted to the ground, and others were batted who knows how far off the mountainside.

Standing upright, Guy shivered... Maybe it was the thrill of seeing his foes perish pathetically, or the fresh frigid air pumping into his lungs, but he could feel the curse lifting from him. His fighting instincts have returned, and his fists clenched with renewed vigor, even in the face of the blizzard tearing through the air. As he watched with sadistic glee as the obnoxious creatures were thrashed about, not even needing him to lift a finger, his orange eyes glanced towards two glowing shadows... After they had plummeted to the ground, it seems they were desperately inching back to the safety of their cave.

'It doesn't matter much,' Guy thought to himself, 'their vain efforts for survival.' As was soon the case, their lives were brought to an end beneath the Scrub's crushing boots... and their glowing violet auras faded beneath him.

...His violent urges for vengeance were thus satisfied. The infliction of feeling of being completely helpless in combat, to one such as himself, was more grave an insult than even the most lethal of wounds. Guy spat at the ground, and moved on.

As he turned towards Dante, it was then that Guy realized he was without his cloak... The adrenaline had kept him warm, but he knew it wouldn't last much longer, and the harshness of the winds was growing even worse. He attempted to speak to his comrade, but quickly realized his voice was deafened by the very howling gusts he sought to evade. Annoyed, he simply motioned towards the cave before heading there himself...

With any luck, all the Curse Keese had already been cleared out, and they could delve deeper to find the source of this darkness... Guy and Dante never seemed to have any luck, though.
  15. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Nodding to Guy, Dante also made his way back to the cave, although the two had slid more than a few feet from its entrance. Already the height of the snow had risen a couple inches, since they had last been out in the storm. Dante silently cursed to himself. Even if they made it into the cave, and killed whatever was in it, they faced an even greater trail in trying to leave the Northern Hills. Perhaps, though, if they killed the source of this blizzard, it might end. Dante dearly hoped so. He was not fond of rotting in a cave until the cold finally took him. That would not be a suitable death for either of the Deku.

Pressing onward, he clawed his way into the cave, pushing aside some of the snow that had been displaced by the explosive force of the keese. Already it was much easier to see within the cave; light from the outside leaked in, and although it was little, it was enough for the two to see fairly deep within. As it were, the cave did not seem to lead anywhere. There was no tunnel at the back of the cave, nor a ledge they could climb up to, only a large fissure in the wall. On closer inspection, Dante saw that the crack was relatively thin, but quite tall, at least the height of two Hylians or so. Stepping up into it, wedging himself between the walls and finding that he just barely fit, Dante called over to Guy.

"This seems to go further back, though I'm not sure how deep. It's a natural crevice and may not lead to anywhere, but" Dante waved to the rest of the cave, "it doesn't seem there's much of a choice." He grimaced. With that, Dante was off, groping his way down deeper into the bowels of the earth.
  16. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy grunted with mild annoyance at the task at hand. It would have been easier and probably safer to just sit tight out here and let Dante squeeze himself in to say where the path leads... but all the same, that would be quite boring. As such, the Scrub cracked his wooden knuckles a couple times, before heading deeper into the cave. His hand snaked into the crevice, and soon he too was groping the earth's bowels... thrusting himself deep into them. Vigorously.

As he squeezed his massive spherical noggin threw the crevice, he bellowed, "You know, Dante, real adventurers would just carry bombs to blow apart things like this." He grinned sarcastically, "Remember when we used to be real adventurers?"

Before he could get a response, however, Guy noticed his comrade had made his way out of the crevice and into an opening... a small, spherical room hollowed out from the cave, a single torch lining the far wall, keeping the region lit only with a few dwindling embers. Aside from this, the only other visible item in the room was a Wolfos pelt spread across the ground. There was a large opening to the room's ride; though it could not be seen what lied behind that door, there was the familiar sound of... Cuccos clucking?

As Guy wriggled his way out of the crevice and into the odd little room, he relished in the fact it was almost comfortably warm... or perhaps it just seemed that way compared to the arctic cold he had endured thus far. It was difficult to be sure.
  17. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Of all the things Dante had expected to find, this certainly was not one of them. Certainly he had expected a tomb perhaps, or another barren cave. However, this room contained a torch, and a large pelt, perhaps used as bedding. When he'd received the description of the monster they were hunting, he had imagined it as an unintelligent beast, living in squalor and fetid conditions. This went against his preconceptions; now, Dante wasn't so sure. Was this Yeti intelligent? Did it expect them? These questions brought a slight twinge of fear, yet it sharpened his thoughts, too. Dante would not be caught unprepared, and he doubted that Guy would either.

"I didn't actually expect someone to be living here." Dante spread his hands wide, motioning to the entirety of the room. Dante let out a hefty sigh, rubbing his hands together to warm them by the dying torch. "Give me a moment. Now that we're in a dry place..." Setting his bow case down from his back, he unlatched it and removed his bow. Stringing it in one fluid motion, and testing its pull with a pluck, Dante notched an arrow, kept it at the ready. "Should we rest here, or are you ready to move on?" Dante asked Guy, looking at the door. If the other Deku decided to move on, Dante would be ready to send a shaft or two into anything that might appear.
  18. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy crossed his arms... and just glared at his surroundings. If someone was going to be living here, they could have at least had something worth looting. This was rather disappointing an outcome, but nonetheless it made him wonder what exactly was living here... and how long ago it left.

"I'm not sure... This was a bit of a curve ball for me. I was expecting something to jump out and kill us, not make our bed." As he dropped the words, the Scrub squirmed his way under the Wolfos pelt... though it wasn't apparent if he was looking to hide under it or wear it. "Tell me, do you sense that 'darkness' from earlier? Can you tell where it is, or what it is?"

Now that he was fully under the pelt, the Scrub snaked a hand out from underneath it, motioning towards the doorway silently... Guy hoped Dante would be able to pick up on what he was trying to do. After all, the doorway was conveniently angled just so that the pelt--and the one beneath it--couldn't be seen readily from the other side.
  19. WillowtheWhisp

3DS Friend Code:
    3239-3393-6898
    Dante shook his head. "I still feel the thrumming of power that I did before, but nothing has changed. It doesn't seem to be growing stronger, or weaker, the deeper we go into the cave. It's as if this entire cave system is coated in magic, rather than all the magic being concentrated in one place." Dante explained, releasing the bowstring and putting it back to resting position. "Normally there would a source of magical energy in cases like this, and I would be able to track something like that down, in the way that you might think. But in this case... Either there is no definite source, or the font of magic is so powerful, so beyond me, that I can't even sense a change in power as we get closer to it." Dante was slightly embarrassed to admit to such a failing, but it was true; there was magic in this world that he hadn't the slightest comprehension of.

Still, now was not the time to speak of such things. Not yet. Surely whatever lived in this room would return shortly; the deep rumble in the cave that would have been caused by the exiting of dozens of Keese would ensure that. Thus, it seemed, Dante would be quite obviously present in the room, while Guy would, with luck, go undetected. Not a bad plan, considering Dante had enough distance from the door to use his bow. Stepping backwards slightly, so that he was in clearly view of the opening of the door, Dante placed his bow at the ready again, waiting for anything to come through the door.

It was not long before they could hear footsteps beyond the door, and getting closer. They were hurried, and sounded more like sandals slapping against a stone floor. Of all the things that would come bursting through the door, a middle-aged Hylian was not what Dante had expected; nor, did the Hylian expect to see a small Deku pointing an arrow straight at his chest. Eyes wide for a moment, he let out a short-lived gasp before collapsing. "Well." Dante said, confused. Walking up to the Hylian for closer inspection, Dante saw that the man was fairly short, and had very little flesh on him. Chicken feathers stuck out of pepper gray hair that was little more than tufts and wisps, while dark bags made the man's closed eyes seem almost like empty sockets.

Dante looked over at the pelt. "What now?"
  20. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Guy scampered his way out from under the pelt... although as he did so, it appeared the man had only fallen over from shock, but was still wide awake. Perhaps too awake, really. There were two Deku Scrubs in his cave. In frozen mountains. And for whatever reason, these Scrubs were wearing clothes and wielding weapons. Not only that, but they had messed up his pelt.

Like his companion, Guy took a couple steps closer and examined the man... who honestly seemed rather skiddish. It was quite surprising he had yet to say anything, given that two wooden creatures had invaded his apparent home and were now staring at him.

"Ah.." Guy motioned towards the man, and looked towards Dante, "This one must be a hermit. I mean, look at him. He's living here all alone... lacking social skills... not at all healthy-looking..."

"I resent that!" The man spat his words, attempting but failing to hide the uneasiness in his voice. "I... I may be a hermit, but I am a writer!"

Guy stared at him blankly for several seconds straight. He moved to speak, but then fell silent, as if unable to find words for how to address this. He simply threw his hands up in the air with apparent frustration, before brazenly moving past the man and into the next room... which happened to hold several Cuccos, among other things.

With a furrowed brow, the nervous Hylian looked towards the other, less obnoxious Scrub. "I... I withdrew into the mountains... alone... hoping to find my muse, my inspiration... The greatest writer is one that has endured hardship, d-don't you agree with me?" He shook his head, and jabbed a figure towards the wooden figure, voice growing with accusations, "B-but you...! What in the name of Nayru are the two of you doing in my house!" Hesitating, he bit his lip and moved the accusing hand back to mangle his coiled beard, "I-If you were just looking for shelter, y-you could have knocked...!"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.