Frozen Rat, Blazing Nun (Eev and Adrius)

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by AdriusVale, Nov 8, 2019.

1. AdriusVale

AdriusVale Member reg

Adrius- Phyra- race liscense Twili
    Eevachu- Melari- Botany level 1+ 20 Rp

Phyra was not pleased. A vision had come to her of a frozen rat in a cave. Well she made it to where she thought the vision told her of. The ice cavern. While she was okay with the cold, this was way colder than she wanted.

Now then with her in the frozen cavern her outfit was not great for the cold. Her body felt a little numb but she made a bit of a fire for her to warm up. She didn't want to go much further, but until her body had warmed up a fair bit.
  2. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Brr. Melari tugged at the sides of her robe, pulling it closer and wrapping herself further in it in a futile attempt to keep herself warm. She had fled to this chilling cavern for one simple reason- to flee from the horrors themselves, the Zora. Her task, she thought, had been simple- head to Zora’s River, meet up with the local Zora hags, and procure a healthy re-stocking of Octorok Kelp. Imagine her surprise when she learned the kelp didn’t even grow on the Octorok, that was simply its namesake because it resembled the seaweed that occasionally grew on their faces and backs. Instead, the Zora wanted her to plunge into the water and pluck it from the lakebed with them. When she protested- and oh, she did, as there was no way she was going to become a soaked little rat, - they told her she had to, it was tradition. She could barely even swim! The irony of someone who can control water but not swim was lost on her. So, the moment they were distracted, she booked it. There was only one place she knew they wouldn’t chase after her- a nearby cavern she heard the Zora didn’t go in, for some reason. It was probably because they didn’t like caves, she thought. No water and such.

. . . So imagine her surprise when it’s frozen to its core, and swarming with all sorts of critters! But it was too late, now. She had already bailed on the Zora hags, and they were surely looking for her, frustrated. She couldn’t leave, not until they had time to calm their nerves. Plus, if this was a cave they didn’t venture into, surely there was something more impressive lying within? “That’s right,” Melari foolishly justified to herself, talking aloud, “I’ll find some materials so rare they couldn’t possibly stay mad! Or tell grandmother I ran away. . .” Her mind made up, Melari ‘s body expanded and returned to her Hylian-sized form.

She was just about to zoom off deeper into the cave, when her nose caught wind of smoke- a fire. Warmth! Her heart practically cried out in glee. She turned the corner to see a red-garbed Hylian woman conjuring flame in her palms. It was her savior! She was in this cave- and she could make fire!

Melari sheepishly took a step forward. She always felt strange talking to Hylians, like it was something she shouldn’t be doing(she shouldn’t), but this was an emergency! “Um, excuse me. . .”

“C-Can I. . .” She muttered, before shaking the nerves out of her head. “It’s cold here!” She shouted, her voice echoing across the walls. “Can I stand by your flame?”
  3. AdriusVale

AdriusVale Member reg

Phyra was thinking to herself what she would do in this ice cave. Oddly enough, though not completely unexpected, her fire didn't seem to melt any of the ice around. That was fine melting.the cave was probably a bad decision.

Though the young nun had heard Melari before seeing her. "Sure don't wan.." She looked over at the rat thing that was looking at her. Her face contorted somewhere between shock and disgusted. 'What is this thing?! What in the good Goddesses names is this reprehensible creature?!' This is when the shock really set in. A frozen rat. She was hoping it to be like an object or a monster. Well this thing was pretty close to one in her book, but regardless she was lead to believe her vision was of this.... THING!

'Oh Godessess Din for what reason do you have to lead me to such a creature?' With that out of the way Phyra forced a smiled. If Din had some plan for her and this rat thing, than she must put her feelings aside as best she can and stick to her devotion. "Sureee. You can... uh... sit here and get some warmth..." The nun was really out.of.her element now.
  4. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

As soon as Phyra gave her approval, Melari rushed towards the fire, its flames licking at her chilled body. “Ahhhhhh. . .” He sighed in relief. Just because she had fur did not mean she was accustomed to these cold climates, after all! This lady was making a pretty strange expression, though. Was that because of the cold? Hylians sure were weird. Then again, it wasn’t like Melari could see herself in the cold- maybe she made a weird face and just couldn’t see it, and she was so accustomed it felt normal.

“Oh, r-right, um..” She stumbled over her words. “M-My n-name is M-Melari, t-thanks for helping m-me.” She shivered, the clattering of her teeth slowly dying down as she spoke. “S-so, um. . .” What was she supposed to talk about with a total stranger? “So what are you doing in this cave?” She questioned. Maybe she was looking for special ingredients too- unlikely, but it’d be perfect if so.
  5. AdriusVale

AdriusVale Member reg

It has a name.... it was trying to converse with her the nun did not approve of such behavior. Acting as if they were friends! No, no that wasn't it she was acting like she was equal to a hylian! Was this worse to Phyra yes, yes it was. It was an attack on the entire hylian race not just her personally. Though the question was something the nun could answer.

"Well my goddess gave me a vision of a frozen RAT in a cave, I'm assuming that's you by the way, in a cave. So you should count yourself lucky as she has decided to bestow a gift, myself, to aid you." That was the nicest way she could phrase it; it wasn't nice at all but it wasn't completely offensive. "Since fortune has fallen on you, I should know what exactly you need so I can...help...you." The nun looked disgusted saying that she was going to help a creature like her, but if it was what her goddess wanted she'd just have to grit her teeth and bare it.
  6. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

"Uh. . ." The Picori stared at the Hylian, dumbfounded, her jaw just ever so slightly agape. Her goddess gave her a vision of a frozen rat? Sent to help her? What was she talking about? It was true the Hylians loved to go on and on about the goddesses- it was not like the Minish did not revere them or anything, - but the Hylians took it to another level. Many a day Melari had slipped into a Hylian's wide-toed shoe or under a loose sleeve and gotten stuck while they spent what seemed like an eternity muttering hushed prayers and mumbled hymns in servitude to the beings above. It seemed far too exhausting, honestly.

So, she didn't really get it. But there was one thing she did get. "So, uh, you're saying you'll help me?" The Hylian didn't even know what she would be helping with. "Wow. . ." Melari muttered, pausing for a moment, "You're such a nice lady!" She smiled, before nodding. "Oh right, what I need to do. . . " Melari paused. "It's, uh. . ." She thought, her mind scrambling for an excuse- after all, she couldn't very well tell this new kind lady she had -really- only fled in here to run away from the Zora. So, she half-lied. "I'm. . . looking for rare materials here, for potion-making! I heard that, uh, they could be found deeper in the cave. From the Zora, I mean. But they wouldn't come in here, they were too. . . scared, I guess?" If it had become her new objective, it was no longer a lie, right?
  7. AdriusVale

AdriusVale Member reg

"Ah, yes. The fishy ones." Pyhra shivered. In part to it being cold another part in how odd the Zora are. Just the thought of their blue bodies made her queasy. "Well then, uh, Melari.." the name did not roll off her tongue. Worst of all it felt so odd for her to say. To treat such a small rodent as if she was not just Her equal but the equal to any hylian was preposterous. "we should get going."

Before actually going anywhere she had a thought. "Perhaps I should warm things up. After all this place is fridged." Her fire was the fire of Din. If anything could melt the ice around them it would be that. Shivers ran all up her body before sneezing. "Ugh. Why did it have to be the cold?" First the cold, then the small thing, and now she felt like she was going to end up sick. Dear goddesses up above please gift me the strength to accomplish this task without getting sick. She put her hands together as she prayed.