Forest Temple of Time (See inside for cast)

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Blonde Panther, Jan 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Forest Temple
    - Autumn, Guardian of the Lost Woods (1/1/5, Hylian)[Blonde Panther]
    - Keiliegh l'Archa, Drama Queen Kokiri (1/1/5, Kokiri)[Tsubori]
    - Idris Johansson, Hylian Sherlock wiseass and spellcaster (1/5/1, Hylian)[Squishy]
    - Eugene Flasheart, (3/2/2, Deku)[Squishy]
    - Garvan Gailarns, Guilt-ridden Goron (5/1/1, Goron)[Unnamed Dude]
    Rewards to be determined

These were the Lost Woods. They who were not welcomed by the Forest Spirits, were led astray, sidetracked, led deep inside the woods, never to return alive. Occasionally, however, the mortal Guardian of the Lost Woods took mercy on one such traveller and led him back outside in safety. Doing so rarely truly angered the Forest Spirits... not in the last place because Autumn always led the souls away from...

this place.

Autumn rose from her kneeling position and looked up at the enormous structure before her. It was covered in undergrowth, but the distinct contours of the Forest Temple of ancient times were still clearly visible. But Autumn was worried. She sensed an ominous force from inside the structure. It was disturbing, and would warrant closer investigation... her best bet would be to find a pack of Wolfoses to herd in ahead of her.

She turned around to start hunting for the aforementioned pack, her own Wolfos sleeping under the bushes near the structure. However, as she rushed through the woods silently, she heard the footsteps of creatures other than herself. Ducking into cover behind a large oak, she glanced past the tree to see the intruder...

OOC: READ THIS (open)
    Apparently this did not go over. Your character can NOT find the Forest Temple under whatever circumstances. That kind of beats the point of Autumn being there.
  2. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Keiliegh awoke on the floor of a forest. She had no clue what had happened, or where she was. She was nervous as hell, and she recounted events. She was walking through the kokiri forest, and talking to Leronah about.... Something. She couldn't remember what it was, though it was doubtfully important.

Suddenly she'd felt an impact on the back of her head, and as she blacked out, she heard a strange tune. And here she woke up. "Leronah, where are we?"

The fairy flitted around briefly. "Keiliegh, all I can see is trees. I'm pretty sure that narrows it down to 'Not the desert'. Apart from that, look around. If we see any structures, if you're lucky I'll recognize them."

Keiliegh swatted the rude fairy away. "Well, when you word it like that, it sounds like we'll never get back." To help her relax, the kokiri brought out her violin, playing the song of storms. This brought on a nice, calming rainfall in a minute or two. She then started trekking through the leaves, eventually finding herself lost completely. 

"Hey, do you feel... Lost, Keiliegh?" Leronah said quizzically.

"Hm? I... I guess so... Why?"

"Because that means these woods are well named."
  3. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

"Your invitation has filled my heart with joy!"

Idris shot an angry look to the cannon-wielding Deku behind him.
    "I never invited you. You invited yourself. I didn't even agree on it that you would come along." He said with thinly veiled anger.

"Oh, already angry with me, boy? Cheer up a little! We've got a long way before us! It's best if we get along with each other." Eugene cheerily reached out a hand to pat Idris on the back, but his hand was angrily slapped away.

"I already told you. I didn't invite you and you're not welcome. So I don't understand why you're still following me."

Eugene only laughed. "You're not going to make a lot of friends with that attitude."
    Idris huffed and muttered something along the lines of 'it's not like I need them' and took another look at his map. And stopped.
    The big, ancient-looking structure in the distance wasn't on the map.

"Where the hell are we, deku?"

((OOC: Hope this is the right way to RP with two characters?))
  4. UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude Lighting up the Fire in the Night vet

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Garvan really, really, really wanted to know how he had managed to get himself here. He reflected on the problem as he walked through the forest, hearing the soft sounds of the leaves and grass beneath his feet. He knew that he had intended to only go to the Lon Lon Ranch, but, well, along the way he'd gotten waylaid by monsters. They quickly discovered they had picked the wrong target, of course, but he had gotten carried away and ended up chasing the survivors farther than he should have. He had absolutely no clue where he was now.

Wherever he was, at least it was pleasant enough. Though he had the indelible feeling he was going to be stuck here for a while and that he was getting nowhere fast, it was rather peaceful. No monsters or anything. He kept walking in silence, taking in the sights of the forest as he went. All of it was beginning to look the same to him, though...
  5. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    There were more intruders. Two of them, from the looks of it... a Deku and a Hylian, both quite noisy. It would be very easy to pick off the Hylian from where she was hiding, but without a fire enchantment for her arrows, she imagined the Deku would pose a problem.

But maybe she would be able to lure the two with her, into the maw of a pack of Wolfos... Yes, that would work. There were plenty of them here, after all... She fired an arrow, ensuring she caught the attention of the two intruders by landing it inbetween them, and then turned around, walking towards where she knew a small pack normally prowled.

But what she found was not a pack, but another intruder. A Goron this time... another intruder difficult to erase. If she found another one, she decided, she'd lead them out of the Woods instead of attacking them. It would just be easier.

While Autumn was getting cornered between the Goron and the Hylian and the Deku, Wolfos woke up to the smell of a Kokiri near where he was sleeping.
  6. Tsubori

Keiliegh kept walking through the forest, beginning to legitimately fear for her life, despite the fact that her familiar rain pattered around her. She kept her hood up and kept going, trying to ignore the impending doom. Would she end up some kind of monster or something? Without an extensive knowledge of the woods, she had no idea what would happen.

"Leronah! Why would you even tell me that to begin with? Now I'm scared!"

"Eh, suck it up. It's not like you're leaving a super exciting life anyway."

Keiliegh reached up, taking a swing at her fairy. This meant she wasn't watching where she was going, so she stepped on a strange bump, but then heard a yelp that sent her sprawling to the ground in fear. 

She turned her head, seeing the tail of a wolfos she had just hurt, and she froze in terror. Wolfos always horrified her... She saw it's open mouth... Razor sharp fangs.... She pictured it dripping with blood, she didn't know why... She tried to run.... Or scream... Anything... But her body failed, and the most she could do was shake in fear and close her eyes.
  7. Squishy

Eugene and Idris stared at the arrow that had landed in their midst.

"Oh for Nayru's sake!" Idris quickly filled his hands with a hefty spell of thunder and fired it off in the direction from which the arrow had come. "I've had enough!" Then he turned around to Eugene. "This is the last time I'm travelling with you! Now we're not only lost, but also under attack by some savage!"

"Come, come. These woods are the Lost Woods afterall. Just see it as an adventure! Adventures are fun!" Eugene tried to playfully slap Idris' backside, but Idris grabbed him by the collar and lifted him off the ground.
    "I don't know what your sick imagination tells you, but I'm not interested. If you value your life you'll stop that right now." Idris hissed. Eugene seemed unimpressed at his anger and simply winked and blew him a kiss.

"We both know that deep down, you like me."

"ARGH!" Idris flung Eugene away and walked off. "I'm through with you!" It wasn't long until nightfall, and Idris didn't want to spend a moment longer in this forest. Especially not with that annoying Deku. Perhaps they could find shelter at the building they had seen in the distance.

The only problem was, in what direction did they have to go? It was impossible to tell where they had to go, he wasn't even sure from which direction they had come.
  8. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Garvan still felt that his walking was amounting to nothing, so he began to veer off to the sides of the path. Perhaps he could look for some sort of distinguishing features to keep him from running around in circles. Hmm, nothing but vegetation on this side... but, maybe on the other side? Perhaps he could mark a tree with his blade or something..? Well, whatever he did he would need to figure something out to...

"Ur--waah!" He cried, finding his foot caught by something, probably a stray root, as the rest of his body continued with his considerable inertia. He felt as though he ran into something, so before he hit the ground he threw out his hands to catch himself, managing not to crush whatever he had been about to land on top of. Looking down, he saw it was a rather pale, flaxen-haired young Hylian woman. Somehow, the realization of such a thing made him burst out laughing.

"Oh, I'm sorry, little one!" He boomed, "I didn't see you there. Are you lost as well? Truthfully, I've gotten myself lost here." He didn't notice the bow and arrows nearby, and he had neglected to get himself back into a standing position.
  9. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    A scream tore through the woods, leaving Autumn with a dilemma as to what to do now. Unfortunately, her choice was made for her when the Goron intruder came towards her. She turned around, noticing that her original targets had forfeited their pursuit of her, and tried to get away, but the Goron was faster and landed right on top of her.

The next thing she knew, she was face-down on the ground, her bow skittering over the ground a foot or so and her sword painfully sticking into her hip. The Goron said something, but all Autumn could utter was 'please... get... off...'

Meanwhile, Wolfos dared to wag its tail at the Kokiri and her fairy. The girl seemed a little upset, and it wanted to comfort her. Limping closer, its maw open and panting, it finally stepped close to the Kokiri and sniffed at her. It then wanted to lick her face, but the fairy bumped into it. Wolfos stepped back, surprised, and raised its head in an attempt to sniff at the fairy.

It dodged its nose continuously, causing frustration in the monster, and it sat up on its hind legs, trying to catch the fairy with its front legs. Finally successful, it pressed the ball of light to the ground so it could sniff in peace.
  10. Tsubori

Keiliegh felt like she was going to have a heart attack when it started coming over. "Alright fluffball, back off and get dinner somewhere else." Leronah said, flitting around the creature. When it started sniffing at her, she merely scoffed. "Nice try, I can fly, you stupid wo- Hey!" And then Wolfos pinned her down with his paws, sniffing at the rude fairy.

Keiliegh was trembling, a hand slowly reaching towards her Chill seeds. When she secured one, she launched it at it's forehead, but her unsteady hand made it go closer to the back leg. Her chest heaved as Leronah used this opportunity to break free. "Now'd be a good time to not be afraid, Keiliegh. You know... Right now."
  11. Squishy

Just as Idris had been trying to decide on which way to go, he heard a muffled scream not far from him. He whirled around, in the direction from which the sound had come.

"Did you hear that, Deku?"

"Hear what? It's terribly hard to listen to your surroundings when you're being thrown head-first against a tree."

"Hmph. Better see what it was. Maybe it's someone who can get us out of here." Without waiting for Eugene, Idris pushed the plants and shrubs aside and stomped through until he came to another clearing, where he saw a young girl being cornered by a wolfos. Next to the girl's head, something was buzzing around. Something glowing...

"My word, is that a fairy?" Eugene had made it through the foliage as well, with cannon and all, and had joined Idris, staring at the little orb of light, before turning his attention to the wolfos". "And a wolfos, oh my, that isn't good..." The girl had thrown a chill seed at the creature, hitting it in the hind leg, but it didn't seem to affect the creature much.
    Without a word, Idris shot an ice spell at the wolfos' maw, freezing it shut and knocking it to the ground.

"There, finished. You can go safely now." He said to the girl.
  12. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Garvan pushed himself up off her, still smiling and apologizing once more. "I'm sorry, little one!" He helped the girl up and backed up. Come to think of it, she was probably the first moving object he'd seen in this forest.

"Hm. Say, what are you doing here? There aren't many other things in here that walk and talk."

The bow caught his eye, now. "Ohh?" He bent down, picking it up. "Were you hunting? I'm sorry, I may have scared off your quarry." At any rate, he held it out to young hylian and awaited her answer.
  13. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    A sudden blast of cold caught Wolfos by surprise and he was sent to the ground, yelping, as a human and something that smelled strongly of wood joined the girl and tried to comfort her. Well, that was fine with the creature. At least she might not be so scared anymore if there were others with her...

Suddenly, Wolfos sprung to its feet, looked behind itself in the direction its mistress had walked away from and whined. it couldn't open its maw yet, but it could whine... and it started limping in the direction of the hidden pathway that would grant it access to the Temple. It waited, looking around at the people behind it, and whined again. They had to follow. Its mistress would want them there.

Well, at least the Goron (or should she say, the mass of rock that could have been carved straight out of the Temple) wasn't about to kill her. That was something. Still, Autumn couldn't believe she'd not only shown herself so easily, but had also allowed herself to be caught with this ease. He returned her her bow and asked her what she was doing here, but then she saw it. An evil spirit... in the depths of the temple...

Had the Forest Spirits been enraged? No, this was not related to them... It wasn't Stjarnstill's work either... "Spirits have mercy..." she muttered, turning to the nearest hidden pathway. "The Temple!" She could deal with the Goron later! This took precedence!

As she reached the temple, she felt the evil presence clearly. She was joined by Wolfos, who brought a small group of intruders with it, and petted its head before turning to the others. She only looked at them over her shoulder, glaring at them. She saw the Goron from earlier amongst them, too.

"I am the Guardian of these Woods," she spoke. "You may call me Autumn. Your presence here has angered an entity hidden deep inside this Forest Temple. If you value your lives, you will aid me in quenching its anger." She glanced to a side before looking back at the intruders. "If you refuse... the Forest has closed itself entirely. No amount of mercy from the Forest Spirits will let you leave alive... They and I share this forest with a sadistic magic wielder... and if he captures you, you will wish you had fallen to the entity inside."

"For that reason, if you decide you do not want to aid us... I will have mercy on you and put an arrow in you now."

OOC (open)
    Massive post and bunnying for the simple reason that we're on page 2 and still not in the actual Temple. I thought I'd fix that. We're going inside next round.
  14. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    "Goodness," Garvan murmured as the girl quickly turned pale as a sheet and subsequently ran off. While the goron knew not what could have sent such a scare through her--surely his face couldn't have been that hideous--he did know that whatever it was couldn't be pleasant. He ran after her, though he couldn't quite keep up with her. Oh, how he regretted not learning to roll everywhere.

When he caught up, he found himself in the company of quite the motley crew; another Hylian, some sort of child, a small Wolfos, and finally a Deku scrub. The hunting Hylian from before made a face far too grave-looking for his taste and started a spate of long and overall ominous sounding words. Way too serious for what began as a simple walk...

Garvan scratched behind his head. "Uh, I don't really understand all of this, but you're telling me there's some sort of bad guy in there?" he asked this as he pointed to the old, classical structure in now in front of them. It seemed as though it had not been entered in some time; a large tree or two grew beside its entrance, vines and ivy climbing up and down the entire thing.

His easy smile vanished. He didn't think he'd have to deal with monsters here. "Hmm. Well, I guess I can't really leave knowing that. Let's send 'em packing."
  15. Squishy

Idris rolled his eyes. There was no need for the woman to be so dramatic. All this 'Forest Spirit' mumbo-jumbo hadn't really impressed him. As if the whole of the woods depended on her. The woods had existed for ages, surely one Hylian more or less wouldn't make a difference.

"I'll decide when I leave and when I die, I don't need help with that." He said to the woman.
    This trip was starting to irritate him more and more. Eugene already annoyed the hell out of him, but now he got even more company of questionable sanity. He'd almost swear he could feel his own intelligence and sanity slipping away more and more with each passing minute.

"If this 'malicious entity' is such a bother, we'd better deal with this quick. I want to spend as little time as possible in your company and get on with my own business, thank you."

--

Eugene scratched his head. This lady was a little too... intense for him. He preferred more lighthearted people.

"Well, if it's all depending on you and your spirits, how come the Dekus can live in these woods? On the other hand, let's not elaborate on that. I agree with the young man here," He nudged Idris with his elbow. "and deal with this thing as fast as possible so we can all leave happily and go on with our daily business."
  16. Tsubori

Keiliegh had sat there for a few seconds after the others had run off, but Leronah quickly prodded her up and got her going. When she was with the others, a woman explained to them that there was something strange about the temple with an angry spirit inside. Slowly, Keiliegh was going back to being her usual self. “Wait…” Leronah said discretely to Keiliegh. “Maybe we were sent here to do this. That’d certainly make some sense.”

Keiliegh looked at Autumn curiously, understanding what she meant about the forest spirits. She sometimes felt that Kokiri forest had similar spirits… “Well, I want to help. A forest being angry is a scary idea…”
  17. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    The Goron and the Kokiri understood. However, as far as the Hylian and the Deku were concerned, Wolfos snarled at them and unlike normal circumstances Autumn didn't bother disciplining them. "You can think your life is in your hands but it stopped being such the second you set foot in here. The Forest Spirits will not be amused by your cockiness." She then turned to the Deku. "I do not recall saying Stjarnstill, the Forest Spirits and I were the only ones inhabiting these woods. As long as the Deku people don't enrage the Spirits, they can live."

More importantly... she turned back around, walking up the steps to the temple. "Follow me. And be watchful." The Forest Temple was not for the faint of heart, but leaving either of them behind to fall to the Fire mage in here... that would be less than responsible.

The entrance to the temple was wide open, flanked by trees. Autumn could pass freely, but she knew that the second anyone else tried to, a pair of Wolfos would be summoned by the Forest Spirits to drive them off. It was for that reason that she stopped in the doorway.
  18. UnnamedDude

3DS Friend Code:
    2981-6385-7964
    Garvan followed closely. He didn't need to be some amazing philosopher or scientist or whatever to know that he was the most suited to physical fighting here. He was a Goron, and he had a weapon. It wasn't hard to figure out.

Which is why when the hylian stopped he nearly ran into her again. Much flailing ensued as he kept himself from toppling Autumn again. "Er. Is there something we need to do first?"

His question was answered when two nasty looking wolf creatures that looked positively feral appeared. Right. He drew the sword and started circling one. Two on one wasn't good. But he'd just have to deal with it. He had bombs... but bombs wouldn't work. These things were too fast for any sort of time delay weapon to be practical. Close combat was an inevitability.

He only just concluded that synopsis when the first swing came at him. Garvan only just back-stepped enough to avoid it, and the momentum carried the creature into a full spin. Now!

He had stepped forward into a lunge, but the other one tackled him before he could make an actual attack. It didn't knock him over, as he was basically animated stone, but it did knock him off balance and forced him into a more sturdy stance to deal with the interloper. The sword clattered to the ground. He had to clutch at its throat with one hand to keep it from snapping at him. "Get off!" He growled, sending a good amount of force into the side of its face with his free fist. It was probably a good thing he had spent time working on punching technique; very temporary flames sprouted on his fist and sent the Wolfos reeling. Garvan retrieved the zweihander before standing up again as both enemies recovered.

This could take some doing.
  19. Squishy

Monsters, of course. What a surprise.
    Idris put hsi hands up, ready for a spell, until Eugene suddenly pushed him aside and waved at the others to stand back.

"Oh! Please stand back everyone, this could get a mite dangerous!" Eugene started turning the crank on his cannon, loaded it, lit a match to ignite the fuse and aimed it at one of the two Wolfos that has just stood up.

"...Three...two...one...FIRE!"

The poor creature took the cannonball straight in the stomach and flew through a wall, leaving a gaping hole. That was one less monster to worry about. But now about the other one... The other one had quietly snuck around the group while Eugene had fired the cannon, crouching, ready to pounce on the unsuspecting adventurers.
  20. Tsubori

Keiliegh had hidden behind the others in fear, Katars held tightly as she watched the Wolfoses fight. Before she realized what was happening, Leronah hissed in the girl’s ear. “Behind you!” Keiliegh turned around, startled, with her Katars up at the ready. She needed them therem as the other wolfos pounced on her, accidentally impaling itself on her weapons. It didn’t mean the creature wouldn’t take a chomp for her though, and it got a decent bite on her, embedding its teeth into her shoulder.

The terrified girl continually took out the hand blades, burying them back in every time. After a few seconds of pain, the wolfos fell still, right on top of Keiliegh. She was so afraid of those things that tears had started forming in her eyes. “S-someone… please h-help get it off me…”
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.