Forest Havoc [Signups closed, Lost Woods RP]

Discussion in 'Quest Bureau' started by Blonde Panther, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    *Skulltula in question is the Twilight Princess variety.

I'm looking for one or two people to help Autumn fight some oversized monsters in the Lost Woods. I'll provide most information if asked, and if, for the sake of approval, a mod wants me to explain things that I consider spoilers, I will do so in a PM.

Cast:
    - Autumn, Woodland Archer. (2/2/5 Hylian) [Yours Truly]
    - Kytie, Travelling Merchant. (1/2/4 Mad Scrub) [MarvelousTK]
    - Open spot

Rewards:
    According to the rules, base reward for this Quest amounts to 40 rupees per player and 10 per character.
    - Autumn: Straight Shooting, Gale Seed, Armor Seed, +33 Rupees.
    - Kytie: Boomerang, +10 Rupees.

Thread approved: Yes/No
    Status: Signups open/Waiting to start/In progress/Awaiting grading/Complete
  2. Marvelous TK

Marvelous TK New Member new

Re: Forest Havoc [Signups open, Lost Woods RP]

Well! If you don't mind, I'd like this one to be Kytie's grand entrance into the world proper! Wiiiith, a boomerang and ten rupees as her reward, if I may?
  3. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582

From Moruge Swamp into the Lost Woods XD Not too terribly much of an improvement in terms of the open world.

In all seriousness though, Kytie does appear interesting to have aboard for this and Dekus aren't too out of place in the Lost Woods. Does mean that at least two thirds of the party is ranged-based, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing.

As long as she doesn't steal Autumn's Boomerang for her reward, consider her accepted.
  4. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Sounds good, and both your rewards check out. Consider this QB accepted. Would you like to wait for the third slot to be filled, or do you two want to start now?
  5. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582

I WOULD like to wait for a third person, but if no one shows up I'll most likely start the thread tonight.
  6. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

I hope I'm not late, but if possible, I'd like to join with Locke c:
  7. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582

Truthfully, I'm not sure how Locke would fit into this. Wouldn't it be more in-character for him to leave the overgrown monsters for what they are and refuse to help Autumn since there's nothing in it for him?

On a side note, I'm shutting the signups, barring a very good reason or a character that would fit in perfectly. Squishy, if you can argue Locke's fitting into this RP I'll till consider him, but you're the only one.

TK, the thread is up. If you need anything, let me know. I'll keep this thread for discussion and to show which variety of monsters I'm using if they appeared in more than one game.
  8. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Oh, TK, if you want the cart to belong to Kytie, I can edit my post so it IS more reminiscent of a merchant's stock if you like.
  9. Marvelous TK

Oh, no, no, no, that's... pretty much exactly what she'd have in stock. She's not, ah, very good yet. It was just too good an opportunity to pass up, I'm sorry if I messed up anything doing that.
  10. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Nah, I could go either way. I did have an idea if it WEREN'T Kytie, but I also partially created the scenario with her Merchant-ness in mind so that you'd have an opening if you wanted it or couldn't come up with your own. I'll post ASAP.
  11. Squishy

Squishy tl;dr this is all, still, toko's fault admin

Eh, well, seeing as he lives in the lost woods, I can imagine he wants to keep his home at least a bit monster free? I mean, if there's oversized monsters about, he'd go and see where they came from to get rid of them so he can sleep at night without fearing to get eaten.
  12. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    I'm sorry, but while I can see your reasoning as decent, I can see from the time it took you to respond that taking you on into this RP won't help its pacing. TK and I have a good pace going right now and I'd like to keep it that way, keeping the RP short and quick.

Sorry. Maybe some other time.
  13. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    As a heads-up: The child Autumn refers to at the end of my post is a PC that's not present in this RP and that I have neither permission nor the intention to bunny as an NPC, so he won't be showing up. That remark is just to keep her in character, as it's a constant concern of hers.
  14. Marvelous TK

Aha, yeah, I read Autumn's profile stuff, so that's about what I thought was going on. No worries, I followed!
  15. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Okay, then. I don't want to be a bossy bitch, but there's people on here who don't read profiles and I wanted to ensure we weren't going to bunny Stjarnstill in.
  16. Marvelous TK

Psh, 'bossy bitch', no. Don't worry about that with me. I'm not gonna get upset that you want to keep things clear. If there's ever anything you want to make sure isn't misunderstood, I'm always willing to listen! Better safe than sorry, right?
  17. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Of course. By the way, if you have ideas for Forest-themed enemies you want to fight, you don't have to wait for me to introduce any in my posts. You can bring in your own enemies if you want.
  18. Marvelous TK

At the moment I'm afraid I really don't have any ideas. :unsure: I guess I have been kind of passive so far... so I'll try and keep thinking of anything I can actually, you know, contribute, but I don't have anything right now. I guess I'll be relying on you a bit longer, sorry!
  19. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Oh, no, that's okay. I've been criticised in the past for making my RPs too 'closed,' with little room for the other RPer(s) to put in their own stuff if they so wanted. Just want you to know you have the option to do that.
  20. Marvelous TK

I'm sorry, I know it's taking me too long to get my next post out. I don't really have an excuse, but my mind's been a bit hazy for the last day or so, and I'm not really getting anything creative out. So like I said, no excuse. Really, I'll try and get through it ASAP, really sorry for making you put up with this!