Forbidden Woods (Tsu, Raz and Panther)

Discussion in 'Classic Dungeons' started by Blonde Panther, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blonde Panther

Blonde Panther Not always sweet and delicate vet

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Re: Forbidden Woods (Tsu and Panther)

That Goron was rapidly making at least one very powerful enemy. Autumn cared not for his birth or his wealth, nor for this concept of 'hierarchy.' In the Forbidden Woods, none of this all mattered. "He claims to be intelligent," she muttered, half to Stjarnstill (for lack of Wolfos) and half to herself, "And yet he fails to understand my words and continues to spite us. Prince or peasant, all are equal to the Forest Spirits... and it is only through my goodwill that nothing has happened to him yet."

His rudeness was inexplicable and intolerable, too. Autumn was not used to being treated like this. Even Stjarnstill possessed a thing such as common decency. Autumn did not bother using the platform, simply leaping off the edge and pulling out her Deku Leaf to slowly but surely glide over the chasm. She was very highly tempted to put an arrow in the Goron, but decided against it. Instead, she caught up to him.

"I very strongly recommend you do not try to set fire to these woods," she said, her eyes suddenly dark and brooding. "In case you had failed to notice, even Stjarnstill has the decency to respect the Forest Spirits here. There is no telling what they will do when truly angered." She then angled her head down, glaring at him from under her hair. "The second I see you try and set fire to something here again, my protection leaves you. And that will leave you wide open to the Forest Spirits, who don't care about your standing."

Speaking of Forest Spirits... She looked up. Far above them was a decorated door, adorned with what they would later see was the Kokiri symbol. From behind that door, Autumn sensed the presence of one such Spirit... "Speaking of which... there is one up there. If you would like to tell the Forest Spirits of your wealth and your birth, I suggest you go up there. I will not stop it- I mean, you."
  2. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Re: Forbidden Woods (Tsu and Panther)

Stjarnstill glared at Tanic in disbelief, shocked that the guy had said that. "Autumn. He... He challenged my intellect. MY intellect!" He latched onto Autumn's back and cast further fall, allowing the both of them to make it far enough to cross the chasm. 

"Please, my old babysitter was smarter than you, and that guy was moronic. Now, if you want to prove your amazing excellence and sophistication, have a go at a corrupt spirit in a physical form. " He then glared at Autumn. "Autumn. Don't even save this guy. He's an arrogant prick blinded by money and position and he won't be missed. I'm sure anyone who found his body would rech first for his pockets."
  3. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Tanic huffed at their suggestion; 'such a well bred being of generosity and grace as myself, needing such peasant help? Preposterous! The only need I have of them was for the acquisition of funds. Besides what beasts have they slain beyond mere seeds and plants?' He thought to himself, unaware that that was all he slain in the wretched place.

He moved through the door with his head held high and without a hint of hesitation. Just on the other side, a yellow, pollen-like substance drifted from above, falling on our (least) favourite Goron. "If this is some kind of forest-peasant-" His yell was interrupted by a Mothula strafing the room in front of him. "Now lad and lass, watch how a Goron handles such a beast." He spoke behind him as he moved to the centre of the arena to confront the challenger.

The next few minutes were filled with the Mothula's attempts to damage the Goron, and the return ones. The Goron was too slow to hit the Mothula, but one solid strike would mean it's demise. No real blows had been struck, just a few scraps onto Tanic and a few near-misses on his opponent. 'Good ol' one-two. Brings back my boxing days. Ahh the memories, This little bugger reminds me of the one Hylian chap, well before he tried to jump out the ring.' He thought to himself, and even if he would deny it to himself, he was enjoying the bout.
  4. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Mothula. As she looked upon the Forest Spirit, Autumn recognized it. The ugly, yet beautiful, moth-like body of the Spirit was unmistakable, as was the fine pollen that reached her fingers. She rubbed it between them to determine what kind of pollen it was exactly- and when her thumb and index finger went numb, she knew it was the paralyzing sort. Apparently the Goron's thick skin had saved him. It was one of Mothula's favorite strategies, she knew- paralyzing its victim or inflicting a lethal poison on them, blinding them or just plain out causing an allergic reaction... Mothula liked to cripple its victims before making short work of them.

While the Goron would most likely only need to land a single punch in order to defeat Mothula (it, like many other Forest Spirits, was extremely vulnerable to fire), he was having exactly the kind of trouble Autumn had expected. The Spirit was incredible agile and intelligent, not like the Boko Babas all over the Forbidden Woods. Suddenly, it swooped over low, it's rear segment spurting a stream of Morths over where the Goron was standing. It tried to crash into Autumn, undoubtedly recognizing her as a servant of its opposites, but a swift arrow zooming past its wings changed its mind and it went back to the full intruder, the Goron.

"As much as I would appreciate it if Mothula shut him up," Autumn said to Stjarnstill as she lowered her bow, "I am sworn to lead the lost ones out of the Woods. That, and you don't want a Forest Spirit to feed on the soul of a living... there's a reason the one known as Phantom Ganon is sealed and under constant supervision..."
  5. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Stjarnstill scoffed. "Well if you're going to bitch out and help him, I want to kill it." Stjarnstill dashed forward, seeing Mothula turn around to spray morths at him, so he inhaled sharply, spewing flames that incinerated each little parasite. 

The flames also reached Mothula, scorching it's rear and wings, making it try to run away swiftly. Oh how good it felt to hear the anguished screeching of a forest spirit. Regardless of whether it was going to die or not, he kept spewing flames that engulfed the creature. 

It eventually tore through the flames at Stjarnstill, who barely had enough time to duck under the razor sharp mandibles. Mothula knew this was a fight it couldn't win, so it quickly started scaling the wall, out of reasonable reach very quickly. Thinking quickly, he called to Autumn, dashing between her and the forest monster. "He's weak! Shoot through this!" He then spewed flames above him for the guardian to shoot through.
  6. Blonde Panther

3DS Friend Code:
    4270-0958-9582
    Autumn waited for her chance. And she got it... very surprisingly from Stjarnstill herself. Mothula was trying to get away, which on one hand was fine by Autumn, but on the other hand she didn't want it recovering and attacking them in the back again. Starnstill breathed a plume of fire upward, a hint Autumn understood and took.

Notching an arrow and taking aim, the Guardian of the Lost Woods lined up the fire with the hostile Forest Spirit, and shot. Her arrow soared through Stjarnstill's spell, catching on fire immediately, and when it connected with Mothula, the beast combusted just as quickly. It screeched loudly, its shrill shriek piercing Autumn's ears into her mind, and when she looked up at the sky, she thought she saw a black mist-like gas escape up into the clouds. However, Mothula's body fell to the ground, lifeless, and the flames quickly extinguished themselves.

Autumn calmly put her bow back away and walked past Tanic, hitting the door on the opposite side of the room with her knuckles. It prompted a flower to open its petals, and the eye within it met with Autumn's boomerang at point blank range. As she put the weapon back into her belt with one hand, she opened the door with the other. "There are more Spirits in here yet. I cannot stress enough how careful we have to be, gentlemen."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.