Flash Bomb

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Tsubori, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

Name: Flash bomb

P/W/C Type: Courage and power, given Deku nuts use courage and Bombs use power.

Appearance: A bomb. But now with a string of deku nuts tied around it!

Description of Function: Used exactly as a normal bomb, these special bombs come with the added punch of scattering deku nuts in every direction upon their detonation. Great for clearing a room before walking into it. Not great for open combat. Or parties. Appears in the user’s bomb bag.

Limitations: Same as a normal bomb, with a fuse to light. Doesn’t work well with water. Requires a bomb bag and a Deku nut supply to use. OR X rupees for one.
  2. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

This sounds more like something you could do on your own with some Deku Nuts and a Bomb, tbh. Creative on your own, but making it into a treasure seems a little unnecessary, imo.
  3. Tsubori

Tsubori Hunter of Beacon vet

I suppose, but that seems like something you'd need massively prep for though, which wouldn't be very opportune at all.
  4. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

Safe in his little corner, Loft took a deep breath. Mr. McFlurry was still out to get him with explosive candies and dubious shakes, but for the time being, he was safe. His whole "set the building on fire" had been a great getaway trick!

Loft grabbed his bomb, marveling at the wonderful blowing-up powers that had suddenly and inexplicably been presented before him. He reached into the wooden organ hanging around his waist and pulled out a few Deku Nuts, carefully laying them on the ground before him. He picked up BoBillyBobJoe, the thick string he had picked off the floor a few minutes prior. He carefully tied a knot around each of the nuts and quickly threaded it around the bomb, knotting it off so they were nice and snug.

--

Yes, you wouldn't be able to just pull a bomb out from your bomb bag, but I still don't think this really deserves to be its own treasure. It's not enough to be a treasure, imo, but if you want one you can still make one via RP and hope that the gods of physics aren't watching.
  5. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

I can't see what this would accomplish that a Deku Nut followed by a regular Bomb couldn't accomplish. In fact, a Deku Nut followed by a Regular Bomb would be overall more effective than what you're proposing. So I don't see this as Treasure-worthy material.