Fixing Tabs

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Razgriz, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Since the site's going through some major changes, I figure it's a good time to point out some problems with the tabs at the top of the site (They should all have pretty easy fixes):

- The 'Rauro' link under lore is dead

- The 'Tantari Desert' link under lore is dead

- The 'Subrosian Glacier and Subrosia' link under lore is dead

- The 'Windfall Island' link under lore is dead

- The 'The one who is able' link under 'continue to the plot' under lore is dead

- The Library tab leads to what appears to be a dead prototype of the library. This one seems to have been this way for a long time (1+ years) because the 'home' tab on the side leads to a mostly blank page that reads "Testing the new Homepage for Guy" and Guy's been gone for a long time.

- The Enroll tab leads to page containing a heading 'Character creation', a picture, and nothing else. (There's no relevant links on the side-bar either)

- The 'Library of Treasures' link under 'Hyrule Castle's Role Play: Rupees, Treasures and P/W/C' under 'Tutorials' leads to an error message.

- The 'About' tab leads to a page with a header 'About Hyrule Castle' and a picture and nothing else. (once again, no relevant links on the side)

- The 'Contact' tab just lists Bitoko's Gmail and mentions he's the admin. Not really an error but probably should have something more.

- The 'Community' tab links to the old CBox, which has been dead for month. True it says that we have a shout-box and to use that, but offers no link or direction as to where it might be. (the tab should just link to the full-page Shout-box anyway)

It seems like these should be fixed ASAP; before the index gets reorganized or anything as these are what new and potential members are going to be using to navigate the site and the important ones (Namely 'Library' and 'Community') are in the worst shape and make the site seem both dead and unfinished. Honestly, I'd be surprised if we haven't lost a potentially active member because of these.
  2. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

The fixes are not as easy as you think. I am aware of all of these save for the dead links, which I will fix promptly (within the next day). The rest of the stuff you mention takes a LOT more work. We have to build these pages from the ground up, and it is something that the staff is currently working on. The LoT2 (library link at the top) is like that because we had the Library almost finished before we lost all of the data and had to revert back to a Very early build, which is why you see the reference to Guy.

It will take a lot of time to finish these, time I don't exactly have right now. I keep chipping away at them though, and there is work going on that you're not able to view because they are in draft pages. So yeah, that's whats going on.
  3. Razgriz

Razgriz Leader of the Revolution reg

Ok, but what about a more short-term solution for some of them? I can't imagine it being hard to just have the library link go to the Library of treasures thread while the LoT2 gets finished, nor any reason (In the short-term anyway) why it shouldn't be done.
  4. Bitoko

Bitoko The Admiral vet

That's an option, but again, let me handle it lol. There is a lot going on behind closed doors that members such as yourself are not privy too. A lot of assumptions are made and the like, but we'd ask that you don't worry about it. I agree with you that they need to be finished, however its not such an easy thing to do.