First Death Tournament of the Arena Lord

Discussion in 'Battle Arena' started by Arena Lord, Apr 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Janitor

The Janitor New Member new

The boy looked like he had been fooled, but there was an odd look in his eyes. As he started walking towards the rock that would teleport him to the Shadow Arena when suddenly a strong blast of wind sent him hurtling towards one of the others. His head knocked into the stone, and, momentarily dazed, he had just enough time to see the red-clothed boy running full tilt in his direction. He tried to pull himself up, but it was too late. Rage filled his mind as everything around him turned white.
  2. Arena Lord

Arena Lord Supreme Judge of the Battle Arena

The Darknut turned to see the pair heading towards the bathroom, "Wait, only one of you should--" before the two of them placed their hands on it simultaneously and vanished from sight completely. "--Damnit. None of you do that or I'm sure the Lord won't be so generous with your life. One at a time."

Over the boundaries of time and space, the two Hylians suddenly found themselves standing upon... giant yellow rubber duckies. At least a dozen of them lined an endless ocean of steaming water, no doubt slightly damaging to the touch, but not boiling. Each of the duckies was about six feet across, and aside from them there was an equally-massive bar of soap, and what appeared to be a damp loofah--likely the most suitable area to do battle, four feet across and a dozen long--was in the center of the ducky pile. (Go ahead and make the new thread.)

...Meanwhile, back in the hub, the Darknut simply facepalmed on the matter, and turned to the Scrub who posed him questions. "I'm a mere Darknut who has rebelled against Ganon; I was born with no name," he answered quite dutifully, considering his mouth was already quite parched. "As for the Lord... Well, certainly Guy, you in particular know how powerful one can become in life with enough fortune, talent and drive. When those three attributes combine in a perfect storm, I suppose someone like him is what results."

With a slight chuckle, he continued, "As for why he does this... At a certain point, for a certain individual, there comes a time when no other being poses a significant challenge in combat. A warrior who has reached such heights does not have his bloodlust end at that point, however. He needs more at that point than he ever has. This... watching the fantastic battles of warriors at the level he once was... is, I imagine, the closest he can get to scratching that itch." The Darknut shrugged, "At least, that is my humble theory."
  3. Chi

Chi Pre-everything insanity girl reg

" Blockhead, I'm challenging you. Quit talking to Ganon fodder and let's battle. Come on, I want to fling you across the lava pit. If you don't want that, maybe I'll try and force you under the water."

Blyss continued to be cocky and determined to fight the Deku Scrub. Unless Guy paired with someone else soon, she'd constantly dog him and fling insults until he submitted.
  4. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"Mm..." Guy glared at the Darknut silently for a minute. He was at the moment fearful of this supposed Lord, but simultaneously understood his dilemma... though he had honestly never considered it before. "I see," he said with a bit of a shrug, "Thanks, Darknut."

With a groan, the Scrub turned towards the freakishly-pale one antagonizing him. The way she was describing things, he assumed she had already breezed through the arena descriptions. "Give me a minute," he spat at her. With that said, he proceeded to casually stroll up to each individual stone, carefully reading the details of every arena, before coming back several minutes later, assuming the Kokiri to still be there.

"Yeah," he walked clean past her and towards the stone behind her, "The water one seems somewhat interesting."
  5. Chi

Chi Pre-everything insanity girl reg

"That's just fine with me. The fire pit would have been too easy for either of us to get a kill on the other." Blyss popped her neck then proceeded to the water stone and placed her hand on it softly. Deku Scrubs were a stupid kind of thing. What kind of creature is made of wood? It was just ridiculous.

She sighed as, assuming Guy press his hand on the stone, enveloped her vision in white light. Well, now.... this should be fun.
  6. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Rather predictably, Guy casually strolled over to the rock imbued with the symbol of Water. Keeping one hand on the hilt of Justice, his left moved to press against the stone, and he soon found himself... somewhere else.
  7. Adaar

Adaar New Member reg

Seeing as he would have to fight everyone before the tournament was through, Adaar decided to wait and let the other contenders bicker over who they wanted to fight first. Slowly the numbers thinned until only three remained: A Zora, a Rito, and Adaar himself.

"Well, it looks like one of us must sit out this first round. If either of you don't mind, I'd like to take a sit for now. For some reason, I feel that my controlling deity (whatever that is) is extremely busy taking some sort of final school exam and may be unavailable for the next few days." He looked between the Zora and Rito, waiting for a response.
  8. Hilariouslink

Hilariouslink New Member new

Silas' daydream dissolved upon hearing the Hylian's voice, a dream so real it felt as though it lasted at least a day. It lingered still on the edges of his mind, before vanishing altogether and leaving him with a slightly pained feeling, a lump in the pit of his stomach. He swallowed the annoyance in his voice, hid it uncannily well:

"I have no objections. You and your 'deity' have your own matters to attend to." He turned to the nearby Zora. "If he's sitting out, then we may as well get our match underway." His gaze turned to the engraved rocks around them, a single symbol apparent on each. The symbol for Light caught his eye, and soon he was standing before it. Looking at the Zora invitingly.

"Shall we get this over with?"
  9. Arena Lord

(So, Seth actually said he wouldn't be posting for several days. You might end up waiting a while for a response there, HL.)

Claude and Rika soon found themselves once again standing before the stone upholding the symbol of forest, just as they had before entering the match. Both of them were completely unharmed, and there was not even a single bead of sweat upon either's brow.

The only difference was now the Subrosian cloaked and black stood before them, his eyes narrow. A mere snap of his fingers summoned a red rupee, which abruptly plopped down into the Kokiri's hands. He glared at both of them, "I hope you both battle more impressively in the future." With that said, his body seemed to vanish into the breeze... as if it was merely smoke dissipating.
  10. Arena Lord

Seconds later, Guy and Blyss reappeared next to the Water Stone; both looked like hell. A flash of light brought the Arena Lord back to this temporary realm. "I honestly expected a much more entertaining battle from the both of you. Your current pain is your reward for a rather boring fight." A second flash of light, this much brighter than the first, momentarily blinded all those around the stones. When it faded, the Arena Lord was gone, Guy and Blyss were completely healed, and a red rupee sat at Guy's feet.
  11. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

"Yeah well, I'll try." Rika responded to the Arena Lord, before glancing over at Chris. However, his head didn't turn, simply his eyes. He chose not to respond, before ignoring him and walking over towards the Darknut. Rika had a question or two to ask him, of course. "So, you said you'd answer any questions, right? Cause I have a couple." Rika spoke. "First of all, you said you'd advise against going further out into the desert. Out of curiosity, why, exactly? Is it just so we don't stray off and get lost, or is there another reason?" Rika spoke, questioning why. It certainly was a curious topic on why they wouldn't necessarily want them to go further out. Rika gave him a chance to answer his question before he asked another, however.
  12. Arena Lord

As the Kokiri posed a direction towards him, the Darknut and servant of the Arena Lord dutifully responded, with his arms crossed. "Getting lost in this artificial dimension is drastically different than doing so in your land of Hyrule, Rika. Aside from the beings around us, there is nothing out there but an infinite desert devoid of life. If you have not already sensed it, the air around us is dead and always has been. Your only companions out in this desert are the breeze, the heat, and the darkness. My words alone could not even begin to describe the effects such torture could have on a Kokiri's mind after mere hours, let alone days."

He paused for a moment, and glared down at Rika with a raised eyebrow before adding, "...No search parties will be formed for someone so foolish as to not heed my warning."
  13. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Not wasting a moment, Guy bent down to snatch up the glorious red rupee, before slithering it into his pocket. He scoffed silently as the Subrosian disappeared. The pompous one may not have been entertained by it, but a win was a win... and by all chances he wouldn't have to deal with some form of freakish, pale, undead, monstrous Kokiri again anytime soon.

...Immediately after he thought such a thing, his eyes turned to Rika, and he found himself shuddering. Quickly, he shuffled his way towards some of the other combatants. Only two Hylians seemed to be missing, while the rest were apparently loitering around.

Wanting to waste no more time than necessary, Guy maneuvered towards the Hylian that other Kokiri had been fighting. Not only had he lost, but he must have been in similar pain due to the same curse of the Arena Lord--after all, the Subrosian scolded their fight as well. Considering that, he seemed to be the easiest target. "Hylian," Guy spat towards one Christopher Aldenbrok, mid-stride, "How about we fight in the Light Arena?"
  14. The Janitor

The Janitor New Member new

Claude looked up at the Deku, considering the offer. The deku brat had beat him, and Guy looked like a very formidable opponent. Shrugging, he pulled himself to his feet. The Deku was going to win, he knew that. Might as well get it over with.

"Sure. I just need to read about the Arena." He was lying, of course. He'd already read the description from where he was sitting, but he had to think it over. He couldn't think on his feet well, he had to have a strategy in place before hand.

After a bit of thinking, he nodded. "I'm ready." Putting his hand on the stone, he waited for the Deku to follow.
  15. Guy

Guy Admin admin

Without delay, the Scrub abruptly scurried over to the stone behind his opponent. He gave a slight salute with his right hand, "See you there," before throwing the palm that same hand down upon the stone. The pair of fighters were cloaked in light, blinded by it, before they suddenly found themselves in a vastly different place...
  16. Seththeshadow

Seththeshadow New Member reg

(I'm back, yay. :) This post is @HL, sorry for the delay.)

Rift sat quietly through the entire ordeal. As a solitary figure the crowd had made him uncomfortable. He looked around and noticed the Rito, the one with the hammer on his back, looking at him eagerly. He was standing beside the symbol for Light. A question was asked and Rift nodded.

"Let us begin."
  17. Adaar

Adaar New Member reg

The world seemed to shift oddly around Adaar. He had no idea what was going on, other than the laws of nature seemed to be out of wack. Time stood still, as if he was no longer in same dimension as before. Then, out of the chaos came a voice... no, more of a feeling. It felt free, as if all the stress in the world had left that place. There was also a sense of accomplishment.
    With a loud hiss-snap, the world returned to normal and the feeling slowly trickled away into nothingness. Adaar didn't know why it all happened, but he at least knew one thing: His controlling deity had finished whatever it had to do, and was ready to battle.

*(Long story short: Finals are done, and I'm ready to battle anybody who's not already in one... just make a post :P)*
  18. Eevachu

Eevachu Admin admin

Rika listened to him, becoming somewhat less interested as he spoke. "Doesn't sound as fun as I expected." He replied, if with a slight discontent.
    "But anyway, I have one more question. While I'm assuming the final reward is a secret, is there any prize for second place, third place, or anything of that sort? Or, aside from the 20 rupees, will only the final winner get a reward?"
    He asked. Although Rika's goal was first place, if he didn't make it but made second place, still getting a reward would be nice. If not, all the more reason to work harder.
  19. Guy

Guy Admin admin

"That is as of yet undecided, Rika." The Darknut seemed to practically bend over just to make eye contact with one so much shorter than him. "The prizes depend on how entertained the Arena Lord is by the fights, by exactly how many battles the victor or victors have won, and how many participants there are total... Regardless, everyone who wins at least one match will be able to keep something as a prize, as you have discovered."
  20. Adaar

Adaar New Member reg

"Is anybody up to join me in an arena?" Adaar yelled in mild frustration. With all the comings and goings from fights somehow finishing instantly, he wasn't exactly sure on who already had a challenger or who already fought who. "Anyone?" He stuck his hand up in the air, looking around for an answer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.