Fire Weave Cloth

Discussion in 'Treasure Creation' started by Spirit Adept, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Spirit Adept

Spirit Adept New Member reg

Name: Fire Weave Cloth

P/W/C Type: None - Mundane cloth material

Appearance: Dark red fabric that feels like cotton

Description of Function: Material for making clothing that is immune to fire. While it doesn't transfer this immunity to the wearer, it does help protect them against exposure to fire and heat. It's especially good at protecting against fire magic.

Limitations: Does not protect user against hot environments, if exposed to too much fire and heat the cloth will heat up and burn the wearer. Cannot be woven into other kinds of cloth. Requires one bolt of cloth per shirt or pants, two bolts of cloth for robes.
  2. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

Hm. This one is surprisingly troublesome, mostly because we already have the Goron Tunic, which effectively fills the role of this item but to a higher degree. If we keep the price low (like 10 rupees) I think this could step in to fill an intermediary role between the Goron Tunic (which can be fairly expensive) and still allow you to create some interesting items out of it you might not be able to get with the GT like tents or bags or whatever.

Thoughts from SA and other mods would be appreciated.
  3. Spirit Adept

Pretty much what you said is how I intended it. It's basically the poor man's Goron Tunic, it'll protect you from fire if you're just expecting a few hits but if you're going up against fire dragons or something, you'll want to invest in the Goron Tunic. Also like you said, it gives you the ability to creatively fireproof objects and such.
  4. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

I feel like it'd be fine, but I also feel like others could get away with making the same without spending money by using the same materials that make up the Goron Tunic--namely, Dodongo Hide and Bomb Flower fibers. Maybe if this WAS made of such materials?
  5. Spirit Adept

I have nothing against having it be made of those materials.
  6. Quill

Quill Leaf on the Wind reg

I'd just like to note that Dodongo Hide isn't a treasure, and neither it or Bomb Flowers are [Material] treasures atm. You could mean a blurb with no real impact, I suppose.
  7. Rising Dragon

Rising Dragon Goat Herder reg

That's basically what we were thinking off the site, but to make it mesh well with the other Weave treasures, we'd need similar materials for their make.
  8. Quill

I like what Ribs said earlier. Make it clear it's less powerful than the Goron's Tunic, reflect that in the price, and possibly underline the potentials through crafting.

[1/2]
  9. Ribitta

Ribitta What would you ask of me? reg

2/2, let's just leave it cloth for now. We may be able to put in those materials for other things (bomb resistance, maybe?) but let's just leave this as cloth rather than trying to find suitable materials for everything else.
  10. Quill

I copied Ice Weave Cloth's "always faintly warm" thing over here; good idea/bad idea? Is the "largely" enough to convey that it can be overloaded, or should I emphasize it?

`Fire Weave Cloth
    Original: Spirit Adept, Magic Tier - Utility
    [Fire], [Material], [Protect]

10 rupees

This dark red, cotton-like fabric may be used by a player-character with a sufficiently-related level in the Crafting treasure. This material is largely immune to fire and heat; however, it does not transfer this immunity to anything else. It is highly resistant to fire magic, and it is always faintly cool, which helps to protect from the heat. This material cannot be woven into other kinds of cloth.
  11. Spirit Adept

Looks good to me, I don't have any complaints.